Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2020, 04:03 PM

21,745 posts, read 8,888,223 times

Advertisements

~ Who was Aunt Jemimah, do you know?
"Aunt Jemima" (no h) was a fictional character based on a minstrel show stereotype by that name. The character was first copyrighted in the late 1880s and used to advertise pancake flour. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aunt_Jemima
Was there ever an Aunt Jemimah figurine, like a GI Joe? what accessories should come with the Aunt Jemimah action figure?
Not an action figure per se, but you can find vintage Aunt Jemima memorabilia such as figurines and cookie jars on eBay. The classic Aunt Jemima figure would be wearing an apron and a red bandana type head scarf.
~ What can you see or hear while in your home that let you know if it is windy outside?
The house shakes and creaks, and you can hear the tree branches rustling.
~ Have you your own clothes washer and/or dryer or what must you do when getting your laundry cleaned?
We just got a new set of front loaders (after the vintage top loaders were destroyed in a car accident).
~ Do you ever buy canned fruit and what kind would you buy?
I like canned pineapple, canned peaches or pears.

~ Volkswagen bug.

~ Saw horse.

~ Arm-wrestling contest.

~ Director's cut.

~ Doctor _________.

~ Please tell the names of the places you have to choose from to buy food to have in stock at home:
Trader Joe's, Safeway, Mollie Stone's, our neighborhood produce store.
~ Biggie deal question: Do you ever buy 'white sliced bread'?
I used to because Mr. Bay preferred it, but lately he's grown to like whole grains, so now we're both happy.
~ Name a few 'good' breads!
Milton's, Dave's, Beckmann's, Ezekiel, Oroweat.
~ Design a good hot sandwich:
Bacon, lettuce and tomato on toasted sourdough with mayo and mustard.

Turkey cheeseburger on whole wheat seeded bun with Havarti cheese, asparagus spears and Dijon mustard.
~ Who here has had Pho?
I know what it is, and it's very popular here, but I haven't had any. Mr. Bay needs to watch his sodium intake, so we have to avoid most Asian food.

**** Our moon is not so very far from us. ****
The moon looked so beautiful this morning, a pale coppery orb setting over the Pacific Ocean into a soft, silvery-gray bank of fog. Mr. Bay got me out of bed to go look at it. He said it looked "like a Japanese painting."

Thanks, Roosty!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2020, 05:47 PM

15,032 posts, read 8,354,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

~ Who was Aunt Jemimah, do you know? Was there ever an Aunt Jemimah figurine, like a GI Joe? what accessories should come with the Aunt Jemimah action figure?
A friend of mine had an aunt Jemima cookie Jar, Canister set, etc....awhile back.

An Aunt Jemima figurine? I guess she would come with a griddle and spatula?? IDK.

~ What can you see or hear while in your home that let you know if it is windy outside?
Usually can't tell, unless I see the trees blowing.
~ Have you your own clothes washer and/or dryer or what must you do when getting your laundry cleaned?
Yes, I have my own set, I do laundry every day, so it would be a nightmare if I didn't..
~ Do you ever buy canned fruit and what kind would you buy?
Sometimes....pineapple, peaches or fruit cocktail.
~ Lightning bug.

~ wild horse.

~ pie eating contest.

~ clean cut.

~ Doctor _________.

~ Please tell the names of the places you have to choose from to buy food to have in stock at home:
Farmers Market, Kroger, Meijers, Trader Joe's, Good Food Co-Op,Whole Foods, Walmart...there is an Aldi's up the way, but I haven't tried it yet.
~ Biggie deal question: Do you ever buy 'white sliced bread'?
Ever? Yes? Usually....no, I like the darker whole grain breads more.
~ Name a few 'good' breads!

~ Who here has had Pho?

**** Our moon is not so very far from us. ****
* I bid thee well *

Old 01-11-2020, 04:31 AM

16,913 posts, read 16,248,473 times
Thanks for all, everyone! Darn it, one question was supposed to have read, 'design a good cold sandwich'!

Old 01-11-2020, 05:48 AM

259,024 posts, read 91,096,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
Thanks for all, everyone! Darn it, one question was supposed to have read, 'design a good cold sandwich'!
H'mm. Ice Cream Sandwich.

Old 01-11-2020, 05:54 AM

30,952 posts, read 16,545,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
H'mm. Ice Cream Sandwich.
oh yes. please!

Old 01-11-2020, 07:21 AM

14,108 posts, read 2,790,726 times
Who was Aunt Jemimah, do you know? Yes Was there ever an Aunt Jemimah figurine, like a GI Joe? what accessories should come with the Aunt Jemimah action figure? I believe it was a syrup bottle shaped figure with an apron.

~ What can you see or hear while in your home that let you know if it is windy outside? My windows are rattling and screen door is shaking. There is a howling sound.

~ Have you your own clothes washer and/or dryer or what must you do when getting your laundry cleaned? Yes I do. For 2 years after moving down here I did not have a dryer and hung everything up to dry.

~ Do you ever buy canned fruit and what kind would you buy? Hardly never.

~ __Annoying_______ bug.

~ ___smart_____ horse.

~ ____Turkey_____ contest.

~ _____paper____ cut.

~ Doctor ___appointment______.

~ Please tell the names of the places you have to choose from to buy food to have in stock at home: I do pricing for a small grocery store so naturally I buy from them. Occasionally Walmart.

~ Biggie deal question: Do you ever buy 'white sliced bread'? Not often.

~ Name a few 'good' breads! 100 whole wheat. Rye

~ Design a good hot sandwich: A reuben without 1000 island and extra kraut.

~ Who here has had Pho? Can't say I have my Dad didn't like Pho after 2 tours of duty in Vietnam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics