Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2019, 09:17 PM

31,304 posts, read 33,027,431 times

Advertisements

When you were in a teenager or preteen did you or your friends ever dare each other to do things that you wouldn’t do otherwise; can you remember any that you’d like to share?

The statute of limitations has run out on most things so tell us about them. lol

Seems like in school some of the boys would always dare each other to do stupid things while the teacher wasn’t looking only to get caught as she turned around from the blackboard and facing the class. I seemed to luck out and get by most of the time. When not in class at school we didn’t need to be dared,,,,,,,,,,,,, we just did stupid things for a laugh most of the time. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2019, 09:32 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,042,462 times
In class it was usually something minor like shooting a rubber band at someone when the teacher was not looking.

Old 06-23-2019, 10:05 PM

44,467 posts, read 20,252,965 times
Yeah, we dared each other to do dangerous stunts such as jumping over a creek with our bikes. We also dared each other to ring doorbells and run away. Lame, I know...…

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 06-24-2019, 06:59 AM

126,522 posts, read 19,268,793 times
When in elementary school we dared each other to catch daddy long legs spiders or crane flies and put them inside school desks with inkwell and lift up lids.Imaging the surprise when they took their school things out of it.Our teacher in this one - room school made us clean up the classroom after school.

I do remember one year in boarding school I was asked to participate in wrapping a phone booth centered close to the dining hall in toilet paper just as a joke,but I was not willing to participate.

Each year after summer holidays coming back to boarding school students had a tradition with their new teachers. We attached a bucket of water on the top door frame and when they entered they got wet.Only later we accidentally found out that the teachers of many years forewarned the new teachers of this ritual.

In return our French teacher played a joke on us.He had moved all desks and chairs out of the classroom and we had French class sitting on the floor for 2 hours.

Old 06-24-2019, 07:34 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
45,035 posts, read 82,286,952 times
In one class, the teacher sat in front on a stool with adjustable height. I was dared to tamper with it so I did. I raised it up as high as it would go, then only very lightly tightened it. When he came in and sat down, thump! as he dropped about 8" rather suddenly. When he asked who did it, of course I confessed. After that every day when he came in I had to check his stool to make sure it was tightened.

Old 06-24-2019, 12:35 PM

24,788 posts, read 28,706,981 times
The old classic.. Double Dog Dare Yah to stick your tongue on the radio flyer sled runner.. go ahead !!!

Old 06-25-2019, 01:20 PM
Status: "Civility needs to make a return." (set 5 days ago)

4,733 posts, read 3,303,581 times
I can remember the big dare of putting a tack in the teacher’s chair. I sure was disappointed when she sat down a apparently didn’t feel it. How’s that for placement......lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics