Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 11:50 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,126,024 times

Advertisements

rofl momark !!!!!
hey don't forget how the news made so much about katie holmes when she said " when i was 15 I wanted to marry tom cruise"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2006, 12:07 PM

84 posts, read 379,652 times
[quote=MoMark;219423]You're right. Miss America is a bit more of a "virginal" role...!!! But you're right, no one really watches these anymore do they?

If I remember, I only watch to see who's representing the state I live in and also how many women of color are representing and that's it. Like you say, no one's sitting on the edge of their couch watching anymore. Everyone knows that the next day the winner will be shown on Good Morning America or one of those morning shows or they just go on their computer and see who won.

Old 12-19-2006, 12:08 PM

84 posts, read 379,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myfask View Post
rofl momark !!!!!
hey don't forget how the news made so much about katie holmes when she said " when i was 15 I wanted to marry tom cruise"
If I hear the phrase "TomKat" one more time . . . .

Old 12-19-2006, 12:20 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,988,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjacksone View Post
If I hear the phrase "TomKat" one more time . . . .
Yeah...but is it more irritating than "Brangelina"? Ugh. How Brad Pitt can stand to be with her is beyond me. She's a nutcase who used to cut herself. Plus, if she gets any more injections into her lips, she'll be taking a bite of something and one or both of them will burst from the pressure. He is losing himself in her weirdness. And Katie Homely..er..I mean..Holmes..yeah, great cover for the rumors I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Cruise gives Brooke Shields a call at some point and asks her what drugs for depression she most recommends.

Old 12-19-2006, 05:59 PM

3,377 posts, read 14,631,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
It was a publicity stunt by Trump. That girl Tara Connors is just now 21 years old, been partying and drinking in New York's nightlife while underage, been seen french kissing Miss Teen USA, been seen taking coke, and been sleeping with club owners and bringing men back to the "official" apartment. I'm surprised she got to keep the crown as Trump said she's an alcoholic at the news conference, she said she's not, and she's going to rehab.
Actually, I imagine she got a stern talking to by Trump and her response was:
" Ah know Mister Trump I ah ashouldna done it. If'n ya give me a second chance Mister Trump, ah promise ta be good" ... he took pity (he's always had an eye (and more...) for a beautiful woman, and thought of 2007's pageant and boosting what have been pitiful ratings. Plus, he probably wanted to look like a nice guy and not be seen to be saying "You're Fired".

I think the whole thing is ridiculous, but maybe watching such trivial things on the news is better than hearing about 100 more people blown up in Baghdad.
Once again your on point. Anybody that don't think this is a Trump stunt might need to think again. It was all over the 5 oclock news in New York tonight. They have this girl crying and bawling her eyes out. How great and benevolent Trump is for giving her a second chance. I'll bet he makes millions off it!

Old 12-19-2006, 06:55 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,553,915 times
Why do some people gobble this stuff up? I start watching shows like this and end up falling asleep! (Yes, there are many reasons why I hardly ever watch T.V. anymore!)

This reminds me of a "news story" this morning - The reporter was standing in a Fed Ex hub, because today is the biggest shipping day of the year. Local news in L.A. is beyond a joke... I swear that China could be bombing Russia (or vice versa), and the news reports in L.A. would be about cleaning the red carpet for the upcoming Academy Awards!!!

Old 12-20-2006, 04:17 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milliebfit View Post
I don"t know about you all, but I could not sleep last night worring if Miss USA was going to loose her crown!!! For the love of pete it was just breaking news on TV. She is keeping her crown and headed to rehab!!! I did not even know who Miss USA was. Does anyone think this is a big news story??
No, not really... and neither were the DUI arrests of Paris Hilton, Nicole Ritchie, and almost everyone else in Hollywood. It was "news-worthy", I suppose, since it's a good story & happens to involve the Donald. But certainly not BIG news! I should say, this girl is a dumb one... to be given that opportunity, and almost lose it over a few drinks? I hope those were some good martinis!

Btw, I actually knew of this woman from "Project Runway" (reality show), where they made her dress for the Miss Universe pageant... yes, I'm a complete dork.

Old 12-20-2006, 04:27 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
This reminds me of a "news story" this morning - The reporter was standing in a Fed Ex hub, because today is the biggest shipping day of the year. Local news in L.A. is beyond a joke... I swear that China could be bombing Russia (or vice versa), and the news reports in L.A. would be about cleaning the red carpet for the upcoming Academy Awards!!!
LOL... yes, I think we had the same exact report from San Jose. You mean people mail things over the holidays?? No freakin' way!!

For the last few days on our local news, all they can talk about is the "Arctic Blast" and "Deep Freeze '06" - LOL. Yeah it's really cold out there, but you don't need to tell us for 15 minutes at every newscast... I only have to step outside to know that!

Old 12-20-2006, 06:23 AM

409 posts, read 1,237,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjacksone View Post
I think it sucks, it's such a double standard. So Vanessa Williams had photos from THE PAST pop up and her crown gets taken, but this chick goes around acting like Paris Hilton and gets a slap on the wrist. Makes you think!
Vanessa was nude, in provocative positions with another woman. Big difference.

And the pictures are very nice

Old 12-20-2006, 07:52 AM

1,118 posts, read 4,758,672 times
Now I know for certain that nonsense is infiltrating the news --- my DH said to our two DD's last night that he heard that Britney Spears is no longer hanging around with Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan. I looked at him like he just sprouted antlers.

If my DH knows about the insignificant philanderings of these dunderheads then it must have permeated every news source out there. Including ESPN?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics