Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2018, 11:11 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,398,792 times

Advertisements

Happy Monday May 7, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:
If you get incredibly sticky material (for example, adhesive or pine resin/pitch) stuck to your hands, what do you use (when soap isn’t enough) to remove it ?

Extra Credit:
Where you live, are there outdoor critters or warm-weather insects you worry about getting bitten, stung, or attacked by ?

Bonus:
Do you ever have a slice/wedge of fresh lemon or lime with food or in a drink ?
Is there anything you put vinegar on or in ? Do you use vinegar with food, for cleaning, or another purpose ?

Just for Fun:
If you have a vehicle, does it have windshield wipers on the rear window ?
How does one adjust the side mirrors, manually or electronically ?
Have you owned a hatchback style car ?

LINK —> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatchback

Today in History:
1946: Masaru Ibuka starts a radio repair shop, Tokyo Telecommunications Engineering Corp., which eventually grows to become technology & media company Sony
1950: Birth of actor & boxer Randall Craig “Tex” Cobb (Raising Arizona)
1954: Birth of director & screenwriter Amy Heckerling (Clueless)
1976: Introduction of the Honda Accord, a 3-door/compact hatchback
1992: Birth of actor Alexander Ludwig (Vikings)

Today’s Word:
speleothems /ˈspēlēəˌTHems/ (n.): Mineral deposits (such as stalactites, stalagmites, flowstone, column, drapery, and straws)
usually formed from dissolved or precipitated calcium carbonate (calcite or aragonite) inside a predominantly limestone cave.

Today Is:
Radio Day (Soviet Union & Bulgaria)
-this week is-
National Stuttering Awareness Week
-this month is-
Drum Month
Food Allergy Action Month
International Civility Awareness Month
Lyme Disease Awareness Month
National Vinegar Month

Today’s Picture:

Entrance & exit are at lower left-

Thought for the Day:
“I’d rather live in a cave with a view of a palace than live in a palace with a view of a cave.”
-Karl Pilkington

Wishing you a gentle & glorious first Monday in May !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2018, 11:27 PM

114,838 posts, read 66,055,928 times

Today’s Question:
If you get incredibly sticky material (for example, adhesive or pine resin/pitch) stuck to your hands, what do you use (when soap isn’t enough) to remove it ?
Paint thinner (Naptha)
Extra Credit:
Where you live, are there outdoor critters or warm-weather insects you worry about getting bitten, stung, or attacked by ?
Mosquitoes are #1 enemy.
Bonus:
Do you ever have a slice/wedge of fresh lemon or lime with food or in a drink ? Not for my tea but I always have a lime and lemon on hand for cooking etc.
Is there anything you put vinegar on or in ? Do you use vinegar with food, for cleaning, or another purpose ?
Sure vinegar has many purposes and uses.
Just for Fun:
How does one adjust the side mirrors, manually or electronically ? Electronic i think.

Today in History:
1946: Masaru Ibuka starts a radio repair shop, Tokyo Telecommunications Engineering Corp., which eventually grows to become technology & media company Sony

Today’s Word:
speleothems /ˈspēlēəˌTHems/ (n.): Mineral deposits (such as stalactites, stalagmites, flowstone, column, drapery, and straws)
usually formed from dissolved or precipitated calcium carbonate (calcite or aragonite) inside a predominantly limestone cave.

Today Is:
-this week is-
-this month is-
Drum Month
National Vinegar Month

Thought for the Day:
“I’d rather live in a cave with a view of a palace than live in a palace with a view of a cave.”
-Karl Pilkington
Not me.
Thanks Cloven! Nice job!

Last edited by SATX56; 05-06-2018 at 11:51 PM..

Old 05-06-2018, 11:48 PM

7,996 posts, read 5,424,923 times
Happy A"mazing" Monday

Today’s Question:
If you get incredibly sticky material (for example, adhesive or pine resin/pitch) stuck to your hands, what do you use (when soap isn’t enough) to remove it ? Nail Polish Remover

Extra Credit:
Where you live, are there outdoor critters or warm-weather insects you worry about getting bitten, stung, or attacked by ? mosquitos, lyme tick

Bonus:
Is there anything you put vinegar on or in ? In my homemade Thousand Island Dressing.
Do you use vinegar with food, for cleaning, or another purpose ? Yes, yes and yes

Just for Fun:
How does one adjust the side mirrors, manually or electronically ? electronically
Have you owned a hatchback style car ?[/b][/color] I do now

Today Is:
-this week is-
-this month is-
Drum Month
National Vinegar Month

Today’s Picture:
Thanks for the maze

Thought for the Day:
-Karl Pilkington But if I lived in the palace I could visit the cave. If I lived in the cave I would not be able to visit the palace!

Monday, Monday--have a good start of the week!

Old 05-07-2018, 12:53 AM

21,646 posts, read 8,799,900 times

Today’s Question:
I use a product called Goo Gone or Boraxo powdered hand cleaner.

Extra Credit:
Not really. We occasionally see some mosquitoes but have never been bitten.

Bonus:
Yes, I love a slice of lemon or lime in my drinking water. I don't put vinegar on any food, but my mother used to sprinkle it on cooked broccoli. I've never heard of anyone else doing that. I think it may be a midwestern thing (she was from Iowa).

Just for Fun:
Yes, it does. I'm still trying to figure out how to use the windshield wiper fluid without turning on the rear wipers.
How does one adjust the side mirrors, manually or electronically?
It's electronic.

Yes, I had a 1977 Toyota Corolla hatchback. The previous owner, a drug dealer, had used it to transport marijuana from a grow site in Humboldt County, so the front end was all messed up from being driven off road, and there were red dirt stains on the black carpet that would never come out. The car looked good on the outside, but boy, was I ever happy to get rid of it.

Thanks, cloven!

Old 05-07-2018, 01:27 AM

44,703 posts, read 61,887,952 times
Today’s Question:
If you get incredibly sticky material (for example, adhesive or pine resin/pitch) stuck to your hands, what do you use (when soap isn’t enough) to remove it ? Either paint thinner or Goo Gone.

Extra Credit:
Where you live, are there outdoor critters or warm-weather insects you worry about getting bitten, stung, or attacked by ? No worries here, I just shoo them over to the neighbors yard. Birds eat the insects.

Bonus:
Do you ever have a slice/wedge of fresh lemon or lime with food or in a drink ? Lemon with iced tea..
Is there anything you put vinegar on or in ? Do you use vinegar with food, for cleaning, or another purpose ? Not my dept. There's a bottle laying around here somewhere, I have no idea what she does with it..

Just for Fun:
If you have a vehicle, does it have windshield wipers on the rear window ? SUV does, cars do not.
How does one adjust the side mirrors, manually or electronically ? Electric button.
Have you owned a hatchback style car ? SUV.

Horseshoe puzzle, cool cloven.

Old 05-07-2018, 02:14 AM

14,889 posts, read 8,218,584 times

Today’s Question:
I don't recall ever using anything other than soap and hot water.
Extra Credit:
No
Bonus:
Is there anything you put vinegar on or in ?
Sure lots...Deviled Eggs, Potato Salad, Cole slaw, Macaroni Salad, Homemade Salad Dressings, etc.

Do you use vinegar with food, for cleaning, or another purpose ?

Just for Fun:
Have you owned a hatchback style car ? Yes, but it was a long time ago.

Have a Marvelous Monday everyone (if that is possible!)

Old 05-07-2018, 03:26 AM

126,421 posts, read 19,177,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post

Today’s Question:
If you get incredibly sticky material (for example, adhesive or pine resin/pitch) stuck to your hands, what do you use (when soap isn’t enough) to remove it ?..Just Sunlight liquid dish detergent

Extra Credit:
Where you live, are there outdoor critters or warm-weather insects you worry about getting bitten, stung, or attacked by ?.....Wasps and mosquitoes

Bonus:
Do you ever have a slice/wedge of fresh lemon or lime with food or in a drink ?.....Daily
Is there anything you put vinegar on or in ? Do you use vinegar with food, for cleaning, or another purpose ?....I use vinegar in my salads and for cleaning in my home

Just for Fun:
If you have a vehicle, does it have windshield wipers on the rear window ?....Not this one but previous ones
Have you owned a hatchback style car ?....No

Today in History:

Today’s Word:

Today Is:
-this week is-
-this month is-
Drum Month
National Vinegar Month

Today’s Picture:

Entrance & exit are at lower left-

Thought for the Day:
-Karl Pilkington

THANK YOU cloven

Old 05-07-2018, 04:28 AM

11,415 posts, read 9,343,746 times
Today’s Question:
- It's never happened so N/A.

Extra Credit:
- Nope

Bonus:
- Both, lemon and if I can get it, lime. There's a Mexican carry out type with some tables that I like and whoever serves me will always put 3 lime wedges in a plastic cup and put it on my tray. I only go there about 3 times per month but it seems everyone who works there knows me.

Edit to clarify - Only for water when I eat out. I don't use at home.

Is there anything you put vinegar on or in ? Do you use vinegar with food, for cleaning, or another purpose ? - Only in my salad.

Just for Fun:
- Never had a vehicle like that.

How does one adjust the side mirrors, manually or electronically ? - Always electronically from the inside.

Have you owned a hatchback style car ? - Nope.

Thanks, cloven.
Happy Monday!

Last edited by John13; 05-07-2018 at 05:14 AM..

Old 05-07-2018, 04:43 AM

16,378 posts, read 10,533,388 times

Gasoline. Not kidding, it works great

Extra Credit:

They're here but I'm not bothered by them.

Bonus:

Mandatory for a gin and tonic or Corona

Oh sure. Salad dressing, certain dishes

Just for Fun:

Wife's car does, not mine or my truck.

Electric on all cars/truck

Yes I had a '79 Mustang hatch. My buddy, my dog and I loaded it with enough stuff to spend a summer in Colorado easily.

Old 05-07-2018, 05:47 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,629,611 times
Today’s Question:
If you get incredibly sticky material (for example, adhesive or pine resin/pitch) stuck to your hands, what do you use (when soap isn’t enough) to remove it ? Gasoline

Extra Credit:
Yup. We have wasps and other bees
Bonus:
Do you ever have a slice/wedge of fresh lemon or lime with food or in a drink ? I put squeeze a lemon slice in my iced tea and love to squeeze lemon on my fried fish
Is there anything you put vinegar on or in ? Do you use vinegar with food, for cleaning, or another purpose ? I use vinegar to clean my wife's Keurig

Just for Fun:
If you have a vehicle, does it have windshield wipers on the rear window ? Yup
How does one adjust the side mirrors, manually or electronically ? Electronically
Have you owned a hatchback style car ? Yup. It was a pain with the little rods that held it open didn't work right
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics