Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 07:03 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,169,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
Hey, Q........ waiting tables on a holiday = BIG TIPS!

And anyone who thinks that being a server is mindless, has never been one. Not only mentally challenging, but physically, as well.

Hope you make lots of jelly(beans) today. Happy Easter!
THAT WOULD BE NICE .......

Unfortunately, I am in training and won't be making any tips just helping everybody else make wonderful tips. I will be food running, which means doing nothing but carrying heavy trays of food all day long. Delivering every single meal that is served ! You can probably tell, I am over joyed !
My friends are getting such a kick out of me having to go to work. They wouldn't let me leave the usual "fire barrel" party last night. Had to sneak thru the woods to my house without them noticing. Then they called, both my cell phone and house phone till about 3 am. And when I stopped answering, they pulled their truck up and shined their headlight in my bedroom window. They finally got the point when they saw my laser pointer form my .38 shining on their windshield !
They mean well, but might of got carried away !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2008, 07:04 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,314,167 times
Smile Happy Easter, Karla And Everybody!

Church and then lunch at at our best friends' house. It's cool and cloudy in Dallas this morning.

Hope everyone has a very blessed day!

Old 03-23-2008, 07:23 AM

1,821 posts, read 5,160,915 times
We'll be going to my parents this Easter. Will probably be having ham and cheesy potatoes and some other sides, along with easter eggs and candy. We are also celebrating my niece and nephew's birthdays, so we are also going to have Hannah Montana and Curious George cake!

Old 03-23-2008, 07:25 AM

27,441 posts, read 27,474,557 times
The usual Easter ritual. Egg hunt with the kids, go to breakfast, watch a video or two, then we're having a family friend over for dinner.

Old 03-23-2008, 07:26 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,308,476 times
We don't have anything really planned. I'll be cooking for the two of us, since family is in NY and we're in FL. That's ok. We don't get dragged into any of the family dramas at either house. That's a long story there!

Anyway, I'll be doing a turkey with dressing, smashed 'taters, gravy, cran. sauce, rolls, and some kind of veggie. It might be asparagus or brussel sprouts. I can hear Karla gagging from here! LOL Not sure if I'm making a cake for dessert or not. Maybe I'll just clean some nice, fresh strawberries and serve them with cookies or ice cream. Somebody email me a PB egg, ok??? Love them.

Have a great day, all. Enjoy the families and friends.

Old 03-23-2008, 07:32 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,170,206 times
At about noon I'll drive over to my extended family for dinner (lunch) and will be surprised what they serve. Last I spoke to them, they were undecided.

I'm sure whatever it is will be good and I'll be saved the chore of cooking.

Old 03-23-2008, 07:32 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,266,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
We don't have anything really planned. I'll be cooking for the two of us, since family is in NY and we're in FL. That's ok. We don't get dragged into any of the family dramas at either house. That's a long story there!

Anyway, I'll be doing a turkey with dressing, smashed 'taters, gravy, cran. sauce, rolls, and some kind of veggie. It might be asparagus or brussel sprouts. I can hear Karla gagging from here! LOL Not sure if I'm making a cake for dessert or not. Maybe I'll just clean some nice, fresh strawberries and serve them with cookies or ice cream. Somebody email me a PB egg, ok??? Love them.

Have a great day, all. Enjoy the families and friends.
Geesh.....if that is your menu when you don't have anything really planned, I want to know what you do when you ARE planning something! Sounds wonderful.

And thanks for reminding me of family dramas....sometimes those of us with no family participating in holidays forget about that and imagine the Cleaver-like scenes going on behind all those other doors.

Have a great day-

Old 03-23-2008, 07:44 AM

7,731 posts, read 13,455,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Easter
I know most folks are going to be busy so I will make this quick when I ask

Todays question:

So whatcha gonna do today ?

oh yeah almost forgot
What will you be eating !!

Today in history:
March 23, 1839 1st recorded use of "OK" [oll korrect] (Boston's Morning Post) - wow I will admit I really never knew what OK stood for before today

Word of the day:
indulge -{in-duhlj}verb
to yield to, satisfy, or gratify (desires, feelings, etc.): to indulge one's appetite for sweets. (see belows national day )
to allow (oneself) to follow one's will

Today is:
National sneak your favorite candy from your child's Easter Basket day
My dad is cooking dinner tonight (A Ham, Homemade potato sald and homemade boston baked beans).

Old 03-23-2008, 07:45 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,308,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
Geesh.....if that is your menu when you don't have anything really planned, I want to know what you do when you ARE planning something! Sounds wonderful.

And thanks for reminding me of family dramas....sometimes those of us with no family participating in holidays forget about that and imagine the Cleaver-like scenes going on behind all those other doors.

Have a great day-
Well, c'mon down! We can have a good time w/o the dramas.

When I say I'm not planning anything, I mean no company, not going out. So I'm sure there'll be plenty to eat, since it's just the 3 of us now! You'll recognize me - I'm the crazy lady with the 4 cats!

Old 03-23-2008, 07:55 AM

2,071 posts, read 12,036,309 times
Happy Easter from Long Beach, CA - suppose to be a beautiful warm day.

Sharing dinner with good friends - eating ham, pasta salad, baked beans - the traditional Easter fixings.

But, before I leave, I have to do some laundry; have nothing to wear
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics