Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 07:12 PM

15 posts, read 7,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post
Happy Monday October 23, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:
Have you ever gone fishing ?
If so, do you fish in a boat or from the shore/bank/land ?
Have you hauled another vehicle (motorbike, watercraft, snowmobile, etc.) on an automobile trailer hitch ?
What’s the longest continuous amount of time you’ve spent on a boat-minutes, hours, days, weeks ?
Have you slept during a boat trip ?

Extra Credit:
How was your last dentist visit, was it a routine cleaning/exam ?

Bonus:
Something that you wanted to melt, but it didn’t ?
Something that you didn’t want to melt, but which did ?
Something that you wanted to freeze, but it didn’t ?
Something that you didn’t want to freeze, but which did ?

Just for Fun:
Does your home have vinyl siding ?

LINK ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinyl_siding

Have you sat in an Adirondack chair ?
LINK ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adirondack_chair

Hello! I hope you had a very nice day today.

- Yes, I went fishing many times.
- From the shore.
- Yes, a motorbike.
- 5 hours in a cruise ship.
- No, it was too fun to sleep!

- Actually I didn't faced that situation.
- Chocolate, hahaha
- Coca Cola ice-cream. It didn't freeze completely!
- Lots of beers which I left uncared in the freezer and forgot about them.

- No! Houses don't have those things where I live.
- Nope, but a very similar one for fishing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2017, 07:19 PM

39,193 posts, read 23,171,305 times
Today’s Question:
Have you ever gone fishing ? I accompanied a friend while he fished.
If so, do you fish in a boat or from the shore/bank/land ? From a dock.
Have you hauled another vehicle (motorbike, watercraft, snowmobile, etc.) on an automobile trailer hitch ? No.
What’s the longest continuous amount of time you’ve spent on a boat-minutes, hours, days, weeks ? About 2 hours for a harbor cruise.
Have you slept during a boat trip ? No.

Extra Credit:
How was your last dentist visit, was it a routine cleaning/exam ? Yes and no cavities, either.

Bonus:
Something that you wanted to melt, but it didn’t ? Pat of butter on a stack of pancakes.
Something that you didn’t want to melt, but which did ? Ice cream sandwich.
Something that you wanted to freeze, but it didn’t ? Some water in an ice cube tray.
Something that you didn’t want to freeze, but which did ? A can of soda I stuck in the freezer but I forgot about it.

Just for Fun:
Does your home have vinyl siding ? No, that's not very popular around here.

LINK ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinyl_siding

Have you sat in an Adirondack chair ? I have.
LINK ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adirondack_chair

Have a marvelous Monday!

Old 10-23-2017, 07:57 PM

44,466 posts, read 20,233,657 times
Today’s Question:
Have you ever gone fishing? Yes. I learned how to fish when I was a very small child. I loved to fish with my dad. I have wonderful memories of fishing when I was growing up, and occasionally as an adult. It's been about 10 years since I last fished, though. I miss it.
If so, do you fish in a boat or from the shore/bank/land? I've fished from a dock, but mostly fished from a rowboat or canoe. My favorite place I've ever fished is the Canoe Boundary Waters in far northern Minnesota. It's one of the most beautiful places in the world; truly a slice of heaven.
Have you hauled another vehicle (motorbike, watercraft, snowmobile, etc.) on an automobile trailer hitch? Nope; I've not done this.
What’s the longest continuous amount of time you’ve spent on a boat-minutes, hours, days, weeks? About 38 hours, I think -- on a cruise ship in between ports.
Have you slept during a boat trip? Yes; 27 times. (I've been on three 7-night cruises.)

Extra Credit:
How was your last dentist visit, was it a routine cleaning/exam? Yep. I go every six months for a checkup and cleaning.

Bonus: Something that you wanted to melt, but it didn’t? A few times when I've tried to melt baker's chocolate for a recipe, it did not properly melt and I could not get the lumps out of it.
Something that you didn’t want to melt, but which did? A CD that was in my car on a hot summer day.
Something that you wanted to freeze, but it didn’t? Can't think of anything.
Something that you didn’t want to freeze, but which did? Once in a while something that's in the very back of my refrigerator will freeze. Just this evening I removed a T-ware container of chopped onions from my fridge to use in a receipt and found that the onions had frozen.

Just for Fun:
Does your home have vinyl siding? Yes. My home's siding used to be asbestos cement shingles and I had new vinyl siding put on it 18 years ago.

Have you sat in an Adirondack chair? Yes. They're sooooo comfortable! (But difficult to get out of. )

Today’s Word:
skep /skep/ )n.): A domed basket (wood, wicker, or straw) in which to contain/shelter a beehive.

Today Is:
Mole Day (neither the animal nor the skin blemish-relates to chemistry & math)

-this week is-
National Lead Poisoning Prevention Week My house is 102 years old, and I suspect it has lots of lead in it, both in the paint and where pipes are soldered.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 10-24-2017, 06:05 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,416,336 times
Today’s Question:
Have you ever gone fishing ?
If so, do you fish in a boat or from the shore/bank/land ? N/A
Have you hauled another vehicle (motorbike, watercraft, snowmobile, etc.) on an automobile trailer hitch ?
Not me-though as a passenger, was interesting to notice how hauling a boat complicates maneuvering a vehicle.
What’s the longest continuous amount of time you’ve spent on a boat-minutes, hours, days, weeks ?
Few hours, an evening cruise up in Maine (back when I lived there).
Have you slept during a boat trip ? No.

Extra Credit:
How was your last dentist visit, was it a routine cleaning/exam ?
Went well, the hygienist was super nice and friendly-that office has been seeing me for a dozen yrs.
Yes, routine six-month exam/cleaning.

Bonus:
Something that you wanted to melt, but it didn’t ?
Frozen meat which took longer than expected to thaw.
Something that you didn’t want to melt, but which did ?
Chocolate while still inside the wrapper
Something that you wanted to freeze, but it didn’t ?
A frozen dessert treat (pie-pops) stored in friend's freezer-
brought the goodies home in an igloo/cooler, and got them into my freezer to remedy that

Something that you didn’t want to freeze, but which did ?
An item at back of fridge's top shelf, maybe a soda can ?

Just for Fun:
Does your home have vinyl siding ?

No, it's wood.
Visited a house that had it-and noticed the strange noises it made in heat of morning sun-I'm not used to that phenomenon.

Have you sat in an Adirondack chair ?
Yes, they're not very comfy-but they're sturdy and capacious, have a certain elegant simplicity from a design perspective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics