Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 08:40 AM

4 posts, read 2,844 times

Advertisements

The best gift no matter what it is, is usually spending time together! A 50th Wedding Anniversary is of course something very special to celebrate and what is better than remembering all those special years the couple has been together.
With up's and downs, children, grandchildren - a big celebration is obviously the biggest gift. Bring the whole family together and spend time!
For a gift I would like to offer you the idea of turning a photo into a hand [URL="https://www.lovecustomart.com"]painted portrait[/URL]
Choose a pastel painting for example:
https://www.lovecustomart.com/showca...inting-712.jpg

A gold frame will round this of perfectly for the gold wedding anniversary!

I hope this will give anyone looking for a gift of memories a lovely idea!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2016, 10:14 AM

5,238 posts, read 4,067,503 times
My parents had their 50th wedding anniversary a few years ago, and we all had to pretend it wasn't happening! No celebrations - nothing. For my parents both hate each other, and have been on about divorcing for most of my life.

I think they are coming up to their 54th wedding anniversary this year. Can you imagine spending all that time with someone you actually hate?! It's ridiculous.

Every so often my mother will say "I've had enough of your father, I'm divorcing him!". And my father says he's going to move out, because my mother is being a right cow. But then they never go through with it. It's like they have been together so long, that they can't manage without each other either.

It reminds me of those birds that perch on African animals, pecking away at insects on their back. They both probably don't want to be around each other, but they put up with each other because they are quite useful to know.

Sorry about bringing the tone of this thread down with unhappy stories. Hopefully other people who have been married this long are together because they are happy and actually love each other.

Old 07-15-2016, 12:15 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,898,206 times
Anything old from 50 years ago 1966 was an amazing year with many special things happening. As for a gift/s you can always give them 50 year old items. Things like those old newspapers or magazines Life, Look etc dated back for the month and year are fun to read again after all the years and relive some of the history. Other items of interest are old proof sets coins for 1966. I had to go to an antique to find some items when my parent’s 50th anniversary came up years ago and found a number of items that were special. I even found a funny old business card for a hometown hotel that was special to them and no longer was around; and it was inexpensive to buy, but included with many other items it sure brought back the days when for them.

Old 07-15-2016, 02:59 PM

24,773 posts, read 28,545,070 times
Don't be cheap... It's 50 years... Get on a plane fly down.. give them a hug & kiss.. and nice dinner. And flowers..

Old 07-15-2016, 03:14 PM

126,290 posts, read 19,074,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Tin Man View Post
Don't be cheap... It's 50 years... Get on a plane fly down.. give them a hug & kiss.. and nice dinner. And flowers..
I am with TN Tin Man nothing is nicer than witnessing in person your parents 50 year anniversary and celebrate with them and make them feel special.You will regret if you don't go.

Old 07-15-2016, 03:53 PM

24,773 posts, read 28,545,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almrausch View Post
I am with TN Tin Man nothing is nicer than witnessing in person your parents 50 year anniversary and celebrate with them and make them feel special.You will regret if you don't go.
Amen

Old 07-15-2016, 05:32 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,898,206 times
Fifty only comes around ONCE! Make it a point to be with Mom & Dad. You’ll never regret it, if you don’t go you’ll always wish you had.

Old 07-15-2016, 05:37 PM

44,640 posts, read 61,661,969 times
[quote=Star10101;44769576]
Every so often my mother will say "I've had enough of your father, I'm divorcing him!". And my father says he's going to move out, because my mother is being a right cow. But then they never go through with it. It's like they have been together so long, that they can't manage without each other either.

It's sounds like a 'love-hate' relationship and they both know they would be miserable without each other and not know what to do if they did separate.

Old 07-15-2016, 07:22 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,370,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adream View Post
Any other ideas? Did you do something for your out of town parents that worked out well? Thanks for your help!
My wife and I are only at 44.5 years now but it always means much to me for my daughter to remember our anniversaries. Then of course, personal life situations can vary much among adult children. If my daughter's work and life schedules prevented her from visiting her mom on an anniversary, even the 50th, my wife and I would understand.

The 50th anniversary is however very special. Right now my largest concern is getting there intact in mind and body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics