Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 04:23 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,195,352 times

Advertisements

good morning everyone
what a great turn out we had for this "? 'O the day"

as I was reading the posts I kept saying "ooo yes thats another one I like"

when NCN mentioned the old graveyards it reminded me of our visit to New Orleans the year before Katrina
Our friends took us to a cemetery, for those that aren't aware because of NO being at or in some cases below sea level most of the cemeteries are above ground crypts it was amazing to walk around and see the family crypts. Many generations are buried within. I was drawn to the ones that were in disrepair, our friends explained that when there are no more family members there is noone to maintain them. I realized that it also meant that there were no family members left to visit so I took a few moments at these to pay my respects to hopefully let them know someone was thinking about them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2008, 04:24 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,195,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
Then you should see the one for 'Bourbon, Missouri! Over the years many comments have been made about the water tower with 'BOURBON' on it.
I would love to convince hubby to do a road trip vacation just to see all the different one around the country

Old 03-17-2008, 02:37 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,458,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Busy busy day ahead breakfast with friends then my nieces bridal shower, lol yup doing the hair & makeup thing mental note pick up card
Remember you have 1 day left to see if you have something green in your closet to wear tomorrow

So I was thinking hmmm what should I use as todays question brain is still foggy and decided we needed another fill in the ______ so here we go with

Todays question:

I am fascinated by __________

Today in history:
March 16, 1912 Mrs. William Howard Taft plants 1st cherry tree in Washington D.C.

Word of the day:

chagrin \shuh-GRIN\, noun:
1. Acute vexation, annoyance, or embarrassment, arising from disappointment or failure.

transitive verb:

Today is:

National Curlew Day
and
Everything You Do Is Right Day

p.s. How many of you looked up Curlew day
I am fascinated by these questions every morning and even more fascinated that Karla with a K comes up with a thought provokng question every morning. I know if I was posting the questions, I would run out of ideas after a couple of days.

Old 03-17-2008, 03:41 PM

3,567 posts, read 3,743,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Actually, I have the compilation of all 4 of his books in one volume. So, you assume correctly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics