Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 03:30 AM

16,908 posts, read 16,157,165 times

Advertisements

~ One of the best books you have read:

~ Have you ever picked up a lottery ticket from the ground in case it had a prize on it?

~ Have you ever had and do you like egg noodles?

~ The last music CD that you bought:

~ Have you ever rolled and shaped some kind of meatball with your hands?

~ For those among our large group - how many of you have never been in a group of any size where someone or more was actually smoking....(drumroll!..............................MARIJUANA!

~ Have you, in the last few weeks, driven over any of those black skinny hose-like thingies that stretch across the road top in order to count the amount of cars that drive on that road?

~ Did you think that it was also tracking the speed of the cars that use the road?

~ What have you ever deep fried at home?

~ Would any of you like to receive these awesome, high-quality professional grade kitchen items in your mail during the next 5 days? We have a fabulous new upgraded speedy mail system (that means 'shipping') that will get it to you quickly and in pristine condition!)
But, OH! WAIT! I haven't told you what your lucky free items are!

You will receive the Deluxe Pro Chef's ALL in ONE cookie sheet set of 2(!)...AND, if you act NOW you will also receive the incredible lifetime guaranteed Metal Baking Pans! (Also set of 2, chef grade...models 340DPCa and 164DPCb)!

Order today before this offer runs out! Don't let it get away! Order here today!:

~ Do you think you will buy new socks in the next 2 months?

~ Have you ever added anything to the already made pancake batter?

~ At your home...can you listen to music or make noise at a volume of your choosing without disturbing anyone if you do it at 8:15 at night? What about 11:15 at night?

~ Have you ever removed your oven door?

~ Have you any experience at all with an air purifier (electrically operated) in your home or anywhere?

~ Which member of the cast of the TV show M*A*S*H plays drums in real life?

~ Pschological 'Bonus' for those that can name 3 songs by Steppenwolf! 4 is the Elite bonus and 6 is like you should get something really cool for free as a prize!

~ Write a word that has 5 or more vowels..the more vowels in this word then the more likely people that can actually imagine giving a hoot will give a hoot!

~ The longest word you can come up with (yes, it is early...come do it later then if that floats your boat!) ......longest word you can come up with using only ONE vowel:

Yes, vowels are A, E, I, O,U, Y

~ For the Million Dollar Spin on our wheel.....Name 1 word without a vowel! :

~ What color FREE guitar would you like delivered to your home! It the kind you would choose, too!

**** The weather changes have begun...behold, the power of the earth and it's elemental powers! ****

Man, this stuff is great! It's just as though Donovan himself had appeared on my very own TV
screen with words of peace, love and eternal cosmic wisdom!

Lost question: Name something that is purple that is pretty darn neato:

So why on earth do so many people think that purple is a feminine thing? Do YOU?

Last edited by rainroosty; 08-25-2017 at 03:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2017, 03:44 AM

16,908 posts, read 16,157,165 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHxWXeK4KJA

Old 08-25-2017, 04:29 AM

30,605 posts, read 16,285,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

oh, so many
Guess I'll just say 'Gone for the Day' by Ned Smith.

~ Have you ever picked up a lottery ticket from the ground in case it had a prize on it?

nope-never found one on the ground, but wouldn't that make a great book.

yes and yes.

a used Ofra Haza when I was in Tucson. Love her voice, even if I can't understand the lyrics.

yea. What other way is there to do it?

~ For those among our large group - how many of you have never been in a group of any size where someone or more was actually smoking....(drumroll!..............................MARIJUANA!

not I. but not lately.

~ Have you, in the last few weeks, driven over any of those black skinny hose-like thingies that stretch across the road top in order to count the amount of cars that drive on that road?

nope. Now that you mention it, haven't seen any all summer.

~ Did you think that it was also tracking the speed of the cars that use the road?

wondered.

not a thing.

~ Would any of you like to receive these awesome, high-quality professional grade kitchen items in your mail during the next 5 days? We have a fabulous new upgraded speedy mail system (that means 'shipping') that will get it to you quickly and in pristine condition!)

You will receive the Deluxe Pro Chef's ALL in ONE cookie sheet set of 2(!)...AND, if you act NOW you will also receive the incredible lifetime guaranteed Metal Baking Pans! (Also set of 2, chef grade...models 340DPCa and 164DPCb)!

Order today before this offer runs out! Don't let it get away! Order here today!:

or not.

yup. need some warmer ones for winter.

you can make pancakes from batter? Imagine that. I thought they just came out of the freezer.

~ At your home...can you listen to music or make noise at a volume of your choosing without disturbing anyone if you do it at 8:15 at night? What about 11:15 at night?

sure. even 3:15 in the morning.

not intentionally. Had one fall off one time tho'.

~ Have you any experience at all with an air purifier (electrically operated) in your home or anywhere?

yes. I use one in winter when I can't open the windows. It helps.

Wasn't that Father Mulcahy, whose real name I can't think of at the moment?

~ Pschological 'Bonus' for those that can name 3 songs by Steppenwolf! 4 is the Elite bonus and 6 is like you should get something really cool for free as a prize!

I read the book Steppenwolf. Does that count?

~ Write a word that has 5 or more vowels..the more vowels in this word then the more likely people that can actually imagine giving a hoot will give a hoot!

onomatopoeia
encyclopedia

~ The longest word you can come up with (yes, it is early...come do it later then if that floats your boat!) ......longest word you can come up with using only ONE vowel:

shucks

whew-glad you told me.

in English?

~ What color FREE guitar would you like delivered to your home! It the kind you would choose, too!

I would not wish that abuse on any musical instrument. I'm a worse musician than I am a cook. One of my many untalents.

**** The weather changes have begun...behold, the power of the earth and it's elemental powers! ****

awesome, isn't it.

Man, this stuff is great! It's just as though Donovan himself had appeared on my very own TV

mellow yellow or what.

violets (of Dawn-Eric Anderson)

I never saw a purple cow
I never hope to see one.
But let me tell you here and now
I'd rather see than be one.

So why on earth do so many people think that purple is a feminine thing? Do YOU?

nope. I rather think of it as a gender neutral color. One of the baby afghan colors when you don't know if the baby's a boy or a girl.

Thanks, roosty.

Stay safe, all you Texans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv9-...I0S0NzuadZQciy

Last edited by PAhippo; 08-25-2017 at 04:55 AM..

Old 08-25-2017, 04:34 AM

11,388 posts, read 9,307,678 times
I have to run though this today. Must leave soon and may not have time later. For some reason I have an early shift today but after I get an unexpected 3 day weekend!

No egg noodles or meatballs, deep fried was probably close to 40 years ago.

Last CD's I bought was the Hot Tuna 3 pack I mentioned a couple of months ago - The Phosphorescent Rat, Yellow Fever, Hoppkorv.

Tracking hoses I thought was to count traffic...

I listen to music on my headphones so I don't disturb my neighbors

Passing on the cookie sheets because I have no one to share with.

Steppenwolf, some of my favorites - For Ladies Only, Move Over, Monster, Who Needs Ya, Snow Blind Friend, Don't Step on the Grass, Sam.

What's my prize?

Thanks, roosty.
Happy Friday to all!

Old 08-25-2017, 04:40 AM

18,951 posts, read 11,613,247 times
~ One of the best books you have read:pretty much anything by iris Murdoch

~ Have you ever picked up a lottery ticket from the ground in case it had a prize on it? no

~ Have you ever had and do you like egg noodles? yes and I've made them from Scratch

~ The last music CD that you bought:cant recall last time I bought a CD

~ Have you ever rolled and shaped some kind of meatball with your hands? yes

~ For those among our large group - how many of you have never been in a group of any size where someone or more was actually smoking....(drumroll!..............................MARIJUANA! count me out - ive been in groups where at least one person was smoking a joint

~ Have you, in the last few weeks, driven over any of those black skinny hose-like thingies that stretch across the road top in order to count the amount of cars that drive on that road? yes

~ Did you think that it was also tracking the speed of the cars that use the road? i felt like it was

~ What have you ever deep fried at home? falafel

Order today before this offer runs out! Don't let it get away! Order here today!: yes, send them!

~ Do you think you will buy new socks in the next 2 months? no

~ Have you ever added anything to the already made pancake batter? yes

~ At your home...can you listen to music or make noise at a volume of your choosing without disturbing anyone if you do it at 8:15 at night? What about 11:15 at night? i wouldn't turn the volume up too much after 10pm

~ Have you ever removed your oven door? not this one - but my mom's, yes - a wall oven

~ Have you any experience at all with an air purifier (electrically operated) in your home or anywhere? not to repair or anything

~ Which member of the cast of the TV show M*A*S*H plays drums in real life? my guess is Gary burghoff - radar

~ Pschological 'Bonus' for those that can name 3 songs by Steppenwolf! 4 is the Elite bonus and 6 is like you should get something really cool for free as a prize! i think I could name three - I'd start with born to be wild. That was them, right?

~ Write a word that has 5 or more vowels..the more vowels in this word then the more likely people that can actually imagine giving a hoot will give a hoot! ill go with tremendously and count the y

~ For the Million Dollar Spin on our wheel.....Name 1 word without a vowel! : hmmph is a word I use

~ What color FREE guitar would you like delivered to your home! It the kind you would choose, too! brown

**** The weather changes have begun...behold, the power of the earth and it's elemental powers! **** amazing!

screen with words of peace, love and eternal cosmic wisdom! far out

Lost question: Name something that is purple that is pretty darn neato: i have a purple letter opener

So why on earth do so many people think that purple is a feminine thing? Do YOU? no - purple is a royal color. Goes well with orange

[/quote]
great - thanks!

Old 08-25-2017, 04:40 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,166,227 times
The Sand Pebbles
nope
yes, yes
Erik Satie
yes
-
yes
if more than one
chicken

nope
chocolate chips
yes, yes
nope

Old 08-25-2017, 05:07 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,872,721 times
~ One of the best books you have read: ¨The Book Thief¨ by Markus Zusak

~ Have you ever picked up a lottery ticket from the ground in case it had a prize on it? Haven't

~ Have you ever had and do you like egg noodles? Have & do

~ The last music CD that you bought: Oh, it's been a while. I think it was with John Coltrane. Can't remember the title.

~ Have you ever rolled and shaped some kind of meatball with your hands? Sure, the last time was a week or so ago.

~ For those among our large group - how many of you have never been in a group of any size where someone or more was actually smoking....(drumroll!..............................MARIJUANA! I can not raise my hand.

~ Have you, in the last few weeks, driven over any of those black skinny hose-like thingies that stretch across the road top in order to count the amount of cars that drive on that road? Haven't. I don't remember even seeing one on the way to Maine.

~ Did you think that it was also tracking the speed of the cars that use the road? Hadn't considered it. I'd say no.

~ What have you ever deep fried at home? Not done in years. We used to deep fry veggies.

Order today before this offer runs out! Don't let it get away! Order here today!: Filling out the order form!

~ Do you think you will buy new socks in the next 2 months? Just received notice that the Smart Socks I ordered from Zulily are being shipped.

~ Have you ever added anything to the already made pancake batter? Blueberries, chocolate chips

~ At your home...can you listen to music or make noise at a volume of your choosing without disturbing anyone if you do it at 8:15 at night? What about 11:15 at night? 8:15 pm would be alright. 11:15 there might be some unhappy people.

~ Have you ever removed your oven door? Haven't

~ Have you any experience at all with an air purifier (electrically operated) in your home or anywhere? My air purifier involves opening the windows.

~ Which member of the cast of the TV show M*A*S*H plays drums in real life? No idea.

~ Pschological 'Bonus' for those that can name 3 songs by Steppenwolf! 4 is the Elite bonus and 6 is like you should get something really cool for free as a prize! Born to be Wild, Jupiter's Child, Magic Carpet Ride, Rock Me

~ Write a word that has 5 or more vowels..the more vowels in this word then the more likely people that can actually imagine giving a hoot will give a hoot! antidisestablishmentarianism

~ The longest word you can come up with (yes, it is early...come do it later then if that floats your boat!) ......longest word you can come up with using only ONE vowel: Lights

~ For the Million Dollar Spin on our wheel.....Name 1 word without a vowel! : In Engish, each syllable has at least one vowel. Abbreviations like Mrs...... Some sounds....

~ What color FREE guitar would you like delivered to your home! It the kind you would choose, too! Painted with many colors.

Lost question: Name something that is purple that is pretty darn neato: One eyed flying purple people eater

So why on earth do so many people think that purple is a feminine thing? Do YOU? I don't.

Thanks, roosty! Off to a second day of meetings.... Whoopee. I will be happy when the kids come next week.

Old 08-25-2017, 05:17 AM

2,292 posts, read 1,436,504 times
[quote=rainroosty;49306739]~ One of the best books you have read:[quote=rainroosty;49306739]~ One of the best books you have read:

That's hard to choose from.

No.

Had them and no, I don't like them. The texture is weird.

I haven't purchased a physical CD in years. The last full album I downloaded was Foster The People's SHC.

No.

Not that I know of. But when I was about 13, my friend's older brother came to pick us up from school and he pulled up in a van full of his friends and they were smoking things. I was young but I assume that's what it was. My parents would have had a fit if I had told them.

Not that I know of.

No, it was spying and collecting data.

I haven't.

Only if I get use out of them. Otherwise they're just clutter.

Time will tell.

Maybe. I don't know. I hardly ever make pancakes.

I almost always use earbuds anywhere I listen to music. My main source is my phone and I don't have an external speaker.

No.

No.

I hardly know anything about that show.

I don't know what they sing, but if I heard one of their songs I might recognize it.

Flakepiquelou.

Cloddypsssssst

Psh.

Light green

[b][color=SeaGreen]**** The weather changes have begun...behold, the power of the earth and it's elemental powers! ****

[color=DarkRed]Man, this stuff is great! It's just as though Donovan himself had appeared on my very own TV

[color=DarkSlateGray]Lost question: Name something that is purple that is pretty darn neato:

Eggplant.

The same reason people think it's ok to have certain breads uncovered in the grocery stores.

Old 08-25-2017, 05:45 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,078,128 times

The Big Sort: Why the Clustering of Like-Minded America is Tearing Us Apart by Bill Bishop

~ Have you ever picked up a lottery ticket from the ground in case it had a prize on it? No

~ Have you ever had and do you like egg noodles? Many times and yes.

Haven't bought a CD in a very, very long time. I buy my music (singles) from ITunes and burn my own CDs for the car.

Yes. That's the only way I've done it. Is there another way to make a meatball?

~ For those among our large group - how many of you have never been in a group of any size where someone or more was actually smoking....(drumroll!............................. .MARIJUANA!

Not in the last few weeks.

No. When I did go over the last one, I thought it might be in a location where we could use a traffic light for turning purposes.

~ What have you ever deep fried at home? Nothing.

~ Would any of you like to receive these awesome, high-quality professional grade kitchen items in your mail during the next 5 days? No, but I could use a large, really quality second frying pan.

We have a fabulous new upgraded speedy mail system (that means 'shipping') that will get it to you quickly and in pristine condition!) But, OH! WAIT! I haven't told you what your lucky free items are! You will receive the Deluxe Pro Chef's ALL in ONE cookie sheet set of 2(!)...AND, if you act NOW you will also receive the incredible lifetime guaranteed Metal Baking Pans! (Also set of 2, chef grade...models 340DPCa and 164DPCb)! Order today before this offer runs out! Don't let it get away! Order here today!:

~ Do you think you will buy new socks in the next 2 months? No

~ Have you ever added anything to the already made pancake batter? No

No, on the music volume. I wouldn't want my upstairs neighbors to do it, either. I usually listen to music in the daytime while I'm on the PC and everyone is at work. Not into blasting it, anyway.

~ Have you ever removed your oven door? No

~ Have you any experience at all with an air purifier (electrically operated) in your home or anywhere? No

~ Which member of the cast of the TV show M*A*S*H plays drums in real life? No idea.

Only 2: Born To Be Wild and Magic Carpet Ride.

unnecessary (5), idiomatic (5), automobile (has 6), autoerotic (has 6)...auto something makes it easier because auto has 3, illumination (6), abomination (6)...underestimation (7), indoctrination (6), unquestionable (7)

~ The longest word you can come up with (yes, it is early...come do it later then if that floats your boat!) ......longest word you can come up with using only ONE vowel: Yes, vowels are A, E, I, O,U, Y

Rhythm (not very big). There used to be a guy in Superman comics when I was a kid called Mister Mxyzptlk but that's a proper noun since it's a name so it doesn't count. Yes, I remember him but not what I did yesterday. Jeez.

What color FREE guitar would you like delivered to your home! It the kind you would choose, too!

Brown. It would be acoustic. Remember the noise question up there... ^

Well, let's have him try to Catch The Wind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8hjEYTpwE8

Flying People Eaters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9H_cI_WCnE

For mens clothes, I do. I once teased an Italian boss (of the regular kind), that the mob would kick him out for wearing a purple shirt with his suit. Now? Fuggedaboutit

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jag9889/5483202296/

Old 08-25-2017, 05:52 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,394,226 times
~ One of the best books you have read: A Song of Ice and Fire (George R.R. Martin), The Glass Castle (Jeannette Walls), We were Liars (E. Lockhardt), Interpreter of Maladies (Jumpha Lahiri), Cutting for Stone (Abraham Verghese), Outlander (Diana Gabaldon), The Shining (Stephen King) etc.....................

~ Have you ever picked up a lottery ticket from the ground in case it had a prize on it? No

~ Have you ever had and do you like egg noodles? Yes and yes.

~ The last music CD that you bought: Andreas Bourani "Hey"

~ Have you ever rolled and shaped some kind of meatball with your hands? Sure.

~ Have you, in the last few weeks, driven over any of those black skinny hose-like thingies that stretch across the road top in order to count the amount of cars that drive on that road? No.

~ What have you ever deep fried at home? Quarkbällchen (https://kuechenlatein.com/time-to-ma...uarkbaellchen/), small round things, same dough as donuts I think.

Order today before this offer runs out! Don't let it get away! Order here today!: No way. There's not enough space in our kitchen. And - next week we'll have a tupperware party

~ Do you think you will buy new socks in the next 2 months? No.

~ Have you ever added anything to the already made pancake batter? No. I make my own batter.

~ At your home...can you listen to music or make noise at a volume of your choosing without disturbing anyone if you do it at 8:15 at night? What about 11:15 at night? Yes. Even though 11:15 would be a little late for the kids.

~ Have you ever removed your oven door? No.

~ Have you any experience at all with an air purifier (electrically operated) in your home or anywhere? No.

~ Write a word that has 5 or more vowels..the more vowels in this word then the more likely people that can actually imagine giving a hoot will give a hoot! Doppelkassettenlaufwerk

~ For the Million Dollar Spin on our wheel.....Name 1 word without a vowel! : Krk (Island of Croatia)

Have a great weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics