Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 04:09 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,260,043 times

Advertisements

zero
waffles
jelly
grow
great movie
yes, nope
yes
nope
yes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2017, 05:53 AM

30,916 posts, read 16,521,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post
Welcome to yet another edition of the QOTD. At least one or two minutes of effort went into these questions.

and worth every second!

Today's Questions...
-How much would I have to pay you to get you to ride the bus from the East coast to the West coast?

expenses and a return ticket on amtrak. That actually sounds kind of fun.

One or the other but not both...
-Belgium chocolate or Belgium waffles?

waffles please. with fresh strawberries and a bit of confectioners sugar.
-Grape jam or grape jelly?
jam but not really crazy about either.

-Watch paint dry or grass grow?

who's doing the painting and who's mowing the lawn?

But wait. Even more dumb questions...
-Name an event that you would be willing to stand in line for 2 hours to get tickets.

There is nothing or anyone worth the wait.

-Is there a city park near to where you live? Do you ever have picnics at that park?

well, a town park-Smythe Park. Haven't been on a picnic in years.

Time to fess up...
-Have you ever gotten a parking ticket?

once. cost $3.

-If you come to a stretch of highway that has just been re-paved do you ever drive faster than usual because the road is so smooth?

nope.
-Have you ever played Spin The Bottle?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spin_the_bottle

long ago and far away.

Today July 9th, 2017 is...
International Mother-In-Law Day
Unexpected Surprises Day
Mutual Responsibility Day
Billiards Fans' Day
Uniqueness Day

These questions were stored on my kitchen counter next to a bunch of unopened junk mail.
Thanks, mutt. Time for a stinky cheese and pepperoni sandwich? On rye? with yellow mustard? and onions? and pepto bismol?

Old 07-09-2017, 06:11 AM

18,968 posts, read 11,677,613 times
Today's Questions...
-How much would I have to pay you to get you to ride the bus from the East coast to the West coast? bus fare and the stipulation that I could stop and get back on whenever I want

-Belgium chocolate or Belgium waffles? chocoate
-Grape jam or grape jelly? jelly
-Watch paint dry or grass grow? paint today

-Name an event that you would be willing to stand in line for 2 hours to get tickets.ummmm

-Is there a city park near to where you live? yesDo you ever have picnics at that park? in a manner of speaking yes - not the classic picnic basket and blanket

Time to fess up...
-Have you ever gotten a parking ticket? no

-If you come to a stretch of highway that has just been re-paved do you ever drive faster than usual because the road is so smooth? yes

-Have you ever played Spin The Bottle? yes but not in years

These questions were stored on my kitchen counter next to a bunch of unopened junk mail. they held up well - thanks!

Old 07-09-2017, 06:49 AM

36,572 posts, read 16,157,367 times
Today's Questions...
-How much would I have to pay you to get you to ride the bus from the East coast to the West coast?
Oh, 10,000.00! That would be rough

-Name an event that you would be willing to stand in line for 2 hours to get tickets. I really can't think of anything I would wait that long for.

-Is there a city park near to where you live? Do you ever have picnics at that park? There are parks, but I live in a park

Time to fess up...
-Have you ever gotten a parking ticket? I don't think I have.

-If you come to a stretch of highway that has just been re-paved do you ever drive faster than usual because the road is so smooth?

Old 07-09-2017, 06:50 AM

37,863 posts, read 41,268,527 times
Welcome to yet another edition of the QOTD. At least one or two minutes of effort went into these questions.

Today's Questions...

I couldn't do it even if you gave me millions. But when I could do it, if you threw in a rental car for when I arrived, I would have done it for the cost of the ticket as long as the destination wasn't Los Angeles (worst traffic ever).

waffles
-Grape jam or grape jelly? jelly
-Watch paint dry or grass grow? grass

-Name an event that you would be willing to stand in line for 2 hours to get tickets.
None exists.

-Is there a city park near to where you live? Do you ever have picnics at that park?

We have a lot of parks in my town. No picnic but I have sat in my car and ate lunch while watching the birds at the park with the lake.

Time to fess up...

No, 98% of the time I park in parking lots and the other 2% driveways and parking garages. Been living here over 10 years and have yet to park on a street. I haven't parallel parked since my road test a gazillion years ago so it's not that I'm so law abiding when it comes to parking. The opportunity to get a parking ticket is just slim and none.

-If you come to a stretch of highway that has just been re-paved do you ever drive faster than usual because the road is so smooth? No.

-Have you ever played Spin The Bottle? Yes.

Old 07-09-2017, 07:21 AM

4,054 posts, read 2,929,800 times
Today's Questions...
-How much would I have to pay you to get you to ride the bus from the East coast to the West coast? You wouldn't need to pay me -- would do it in a heartbeat!

-Name an event that you would be willing to stand in line for 2 hours to get tickets. "Hello Dolly" with Bette Midler on Broadway.

-Is there a city park near to where you live? Do you ever have picnics at that park? There is but I haven't had a picnic there. My most recent picnic was in Death Valley this May.

Time to fess up...
-Have you ever gotten a parking ticket? I have.

-If you come to a stretch of highway that has just been re-paved do you ever drive faster than usual because the road is so smooth? I haven't.

-Have you ever played Spin The Bottle? Nope.

Thanks Mutt and happy day everyone!

Old 07-09-2017, 07:25 AM

27,497 posts, read 27,526,788 times
No need to pay for the bus ride, I've done it before. From WA to MO.
There are a couple of parks near where I live and we've done picnics at both.
Never got a parking ticket and regardless the reason, I've never done faster than the posted speed limit.
Thanks for the questions and happy Sunday!

Old 07-09-2017, 07:59 AM

32,944 posts, read 3,964,534 times
Today's Questions...
After trying to come up with an amount I decided not to take that bus ride after all. Thanks anyway.

Anything that my grandsons are involved in.

Yes there is; however, I have picnics at different parks where my family lives.

Time to fess up...
-Have you ever gotten a parking ticket? No, not even in Chicago.

-If you come to a stretch of highway that has just been re-paved do you ever drive faster than usual because the road is so smooth? No! I enjoy the smooth surface at the posted speed limit.

Thanks Alaskan Mutt! Good day everyone!

Last edited by geebabe; 07-09-2017 at 08:16 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 07-09-2017, 08:19 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,878,062 times
Today's Questions...
-How much would I have to pay you to get you to ride the bus from the East coast to the West coast? Expenses & a nice car and return expenses at the end, so I can drive and wander where I'd like driving home.

-Belgian chocolate or Belgium waffles?

-Name an event that you would be willing to stand in line for 2 hours to get tickets. Yo-Yo Ma concert

-Is there a city park near to where you live? Do you ever have picnics at that park? If seven or so miles away is considered near, yes & yes. I'd rather picnic at St. Gaudens though.

Time to fess up...
-Have you ever gotten a parking ticket? Have, at the beach in Maine.

-If you come to a stretch of highway that has just been re-paved do you ever drive faster than usual because the road is so smooth? Don't

-Have you ever played Spin The Bottle? Haven't

Today July 9th, 2017 is...
International Mother-In-Law Day
Unexpected Surprises Day
Mutual Responsibility Day
Billiards Fans' Day
Uniqueness Day

These questions were stored on my kitchen counter next to a bunch of unopened junk mail. Thanks, Mutt. Have a good day, all! I am deciding if I'll be responsible and stay home to finish unpacking and mow today or if I'll go to St. Gaudens to sit under a tree and listen to the concert.

Old 07-09-2017, 09:31 AM

31,304 posts, read 33,035,938 times
Today's Questions...
If it's a tour bus from east to west coast on the Canadian side then count me in. Otherwise I'll stay put......................

-Belgium chocolate or Belgium waffles? Chocolate.
-Grape jam or grape jelly? Jam.
-Watch paint dry or grass grow? I don't like grass however I can watch it grow.....

Not willing to do that... I dislike standing in lines

Yes about two blocks down at the end of the street there is a mountain preserve with hiking trails all over the place. No picnics tables near here but if you hike over to the other side there are.

Time to fess up...
Never a parking ticket......

No, but I'll keep up the speed with the other cars for the most part.

yes, but let's leave it at that................ lol

These questions were stored on my kitchen counter next to a bunch of unopened junk mail.

Enjoy your day and the start of a new week folks ..................

Attached Thumbnails
Today's Questions: Sunday 09 July 2017...Time to fess up-dsc_0518.jpg   Today's Questions: Sunday 09 July 2017...Time to fess up-dsc_0556.jpg   Today's Questions: Sunday 09 July 2017...Time to fess up-dsc_0972.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics