Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 04:12 AM

18,968 posts, read 11,675,083 times

Advertisements

Today’s Question:
Where you live, are there places which will close on July 4th (this Tues.) but are open on Mon. ? Yes
Where you live, are there places which are closed for both July 3rd & 4th (Mon. & Tues.) ? yes

Extra Credit:
What’s the last thing you drank or ate that you disliked, but you consumed it anyway-because otherwise it would go to waste ? watermelon - it was juicy but didn't have much flavor
Have you had a food or drink item on hand which you didn’t want/need/use-that you were able to give away to someone else who did like it ? often at work

Bonus:
During the summer, are there chores you wait until evening (or very early in morning) to do, when temps. are cooler ? i try yo do laundry early or late
During the winter, are there chores you do which help you warm up against the cold temperatures ? no

Just for Fun:
Can you think of something (for instance: a tv series, music, a book) you wish had ended sooner, been shorter, that you think could’ve done with more editing ? yes I've felt that about items in each of those categories - but can't recall examples right now. Especially music - I used to not like songs with long jam sessions thrown in

Wishing all y’all a fantastic festive first Monday of the new month[/b][/color] thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2017, 04:34 AM

11,446 posts, read 9,393,489 times
Happy Monday July 3, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:
Where you live, are there places which will close on July 4th (this Tues.) but are open on Mon. ?
- Yes, where I work and the Federal Government. I'm looking forward to a light traffic day today. My understanding many used their own leave and took a 4 day weekend which was not an option for me.

Where you live, are there places which are closed for both July 3rd & 4th (Mon. & Tues.) ? - I imagine there are a few but none that I'm aware of...

Extra Credit:
What’s the last thing you drank or ate that you disliked, but you consumed it anyway-because otherwise it would go to waste ?
- I don't remember. I'm sure it's happened and if so it's been many years...

Have you had a food or drink item on hand which you didn’t want/need/use-that you were able to give away to someone else who did like it ? - Nope, I buy for me only. I'm fairly set here and I would not have anyone I could give it to if it ever did happen.

Bonus:
During the summer, are there chores you wait until evening (or very early in morning) to do, when temps. are cooler ?
- It would only be inside my air conditioned apartment. I do it when I can and when needed.
Edit to add - I forgot about the dreaded laundry. It's such a hassle as there are no facilities in my building. Saturday in the middle of the day I hauled it to a laundromat. Heat index was about 100 degrees. Not pleasant but it got done. I beat a very bad storm by about 5 minutes so it could have been worse.

During the winter, are there chores you do which help you warm up against the cold temperatures ? N/A, I have more than adequate heat if / when needed. Often it's too hot as the heat is controlled by the management of this building. A good portion of the winter it stays off.

Just for Fun:
Can you think of something (for instance: a tv series, music, a book) you wish had ended sooner, been shorter, that you think could’ve done with more editing ?
- Last year - a job interview I was misled to apply. Sat through a boring presentation I wasn't told about. I was not interested at all.

Thanks, cloven.
Happy Monday to all!

Last edited by John13; 07-03-2017 at 04:51 AM..

Old 07-03-2017, 04:47 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,254,719 times
yup
affirmative

ritz cracker
yes

yard work
yard work

nope

Old 07-03-2017, 04:56 AM

8,003 posts, read 5,454,126 times
Hi Hi

Today’s Question:
Where you live, are there places which will close on July 4th (this Tues.) but are open on Mon. ?
Where you live, are there places which are closed for both July 3rd & 4th (Mon. & Tues.) ? Everything will be open for the 3rd. Banks/Post Office will be closed on the 4th. I am thinking most other places will be open on the 4th.

Extra Credit:
What’s the last thing you drank or ate that you disliked, but you consumed it anyway-because otherwise it would go to waste ? I am not a consume anyway girl. If I don't like it I won't eat/drink it.
Have you had a food or drink item on hand which you didn’t want/need/use-that you were able to give away to someone else who did like it ?

Bonus:
During the summer, are there chores you wait until evening (or very early in morning) to do, when temps. are cooler ? Yes, I water the flowers when it is cooler. If it is my day off I try to do my errands in the morning.
During the winter, are there chores you do which help you warm up against the cold temperatures ? Any chore that will get me moving.

Just for Fun:
Can you think of something (for instance: a tv series, music, a book) you wish had ended sooner, been shorter, that you think could’ve done with more editing ? I enjoy Orange is the New Black--but I think they are running out of ideas.

Today Is:
Emancipation Day (U.S. Virgin Islands)
Compliment Your Mirror Day
National Chocolate Wafer Day
-this month is-
Cell Phone Courtesy Month
National Grilling Month
Social Wellness Month
Wheat Month

Have an a"mazing" day!

Old 07-03-2017, 05:35 AM

16,913 posts, read 16,235,965 times
Thought for the Day:
“You can never get enough of what you don’t really want.”
-Huston Smith

This strikes me as the most profoundly stupid quote ever quoted. If you don't really want something then you have quite enough even if you have none.

Last edited by rainroosty; 07-03-2017 at 06:07 AM..

Old 07-03-2017, 05:37 AM

27,497 posts, read 27,521,349 times
Last thing I accidently drank and nearly gagged was fountain diet coke. We were at Wendy's yesterday and their pop machine had digital push button things that....well... long story but I hit the diet button, not thinking straight, and when I took a sip, eeeew, had to toss it and refill with the real Coke Classic.
Yes, I gave away some chocolate once. Someone tried to trick me with that fake sugar chocolate and I tasted a piece, gave the rest away. Don't try to trick a chocoholic!
In the summer I try to wash my jeep in the not so extreme heat. Winter, well, where I live we don't really get 'cold' so.....
Thanks for the questions, happy Monday!

Old 07-03-2017, 05:39 AM

36,572 posts, read 16,152,284 times
Today’s Question:
Where you live, are there places which will close on July 4th (this Tues.) but are open on Mon. ? My bank Probably the USPS and a variety of stores and businesses.
Where you live, are there places which are closed for both July 3rd & 4th (Mon. & Tues.) ? I don't know of any

Extra Credit:
What’s the last thing you drank or ate that you disliked, but you consumed it anyway-because otherwise it would go to waste ? I don't eat it or drink it if I don't like it.
Have you had a food or drink item on hand which you didn’t want/need/use-that you were able to give away to someone else who did like it ? Just gave some eggs to my Dad, I got from a client who was going on vacay.

Bonus:
During the summer, are there chores you wait until evening (or very early in morning) to do, when temps. are cooler ? If I pull weeds I do it in the morning.
During the winter, are there chores you do which help you warm up against the cold temperatures ?
If it's really cold I don't do anything.
Just for Fun:
Can you think of something (for instance: a tv series, music, a book) you wish had ended sooner, been shorter, that you think could’ve done with more editing ?

Old 07-03-2017, 05:45 AM

9,823 posts, read 14,407,458 times
Happy Monday July 3, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.
Thank you, Cloven!

Today’s Question:
Where you live, are there places which will close on July 4th (this Tues.) but are open on Mon. ? Stores and government are open today, Monday.
Where you live, are there places which are closed for both July 3rd & 4th (Mon. & Tues.) ?Don't think so.

Extra Credit:
What’s the last thing you drank or ate that you disliked, but you consumed it anyway-because otherwise it would go to waste ? I just had a second cup of hot coffee. I didn't want it, but I'm drinking it because my husband always makes the coffee. He fixed it for me, and I'm drinking it so I don't hurt his feelings.
Have you had a food or drink item on hand which you didn’t want/need/use-that you were able to give away to someone else who did like it ?No

Bonus:
During the summer, are there chores you wait until evening (or very early in morning) to do, when temps. are cooler ? Still waiting for a cool spell so I can mow the lawn. In the morning there's too much dew on the grass, and when that's gone it's too hot. Hoping to mow the grass tonight after visiting with the kids.....but may have to wait until tomorrow morning, dew or not.

During the winter, are there chores you do which help you warm up against the cold temperatures ?Don't know about chores, but I work outside in all kinds of weather. I'm just focused on getting the job done.

Just for Fun:
Can you think of something (for instance: a tv series, music, a book) you wish had ended sooner, been shorter, that you think could’ve done with more editing ? I've tried to look at some documentaries on t.v.
a few times, but lose interest quickly.

Everyone, enjoy your day!

Old 07-03-2017, 06:01 AM
bjh

60,510 posts, read 30,648,867 times
Today’s Question:
Maybe government offices. Not sure what the post office is doing this week. Weird to have
the holiday itself fall on Tuesday. At least that gives a really long weekend to some people who want or need it.

Where you live, are there places which are closed for both July 3rd & 4th (Mon. & Tues.) ?
Other than government offices, I'm not really sure. I would think a lot of people will be
looking for something to do or somewhere to go on Monday or Tuesday, if they have an office
job. Seems like stores would want to be open, 4th of July sales and all that, to cash in on the moola they might spend.

Extra Credit:
What’s the last thing you drank or ate that you disliked, but you consumed it anyway-because otherwise it would go to waste ?
Last bite of my pumpkin pie slice. Life is hard.

Have you had a food or drink item on hand which you didn’t want/need/use
-that you were able to give away to someone else who did like it ?
Yes, for instance, I once gave the rest of my food to a traveling companion when the trip was over.

Bonus:
During the summer, are there chores you wait until evening (or very early in morning) to do, when temps. are cooler ?
Anything outdoors.
During the winter, are there chores you do which help you warm up against the cold temperatures ?
Not really. I love winter. We don't get tons of ice and snow, and that's partially why.

Just for Fun:
I may have to duck and run after saying this, but how about Downton Abbey? Or most British drama for that matter.

Thanks, cloven. Have a great week, everyone.

Old 07-03-2017, 06:16 AM

37,862 posts, read 41,268,527 times
Today’s Question:
Where you live, are there places which are closed for both July 3rd & 4th (Mon. & Tues.) ?

Don't know to both.

Extra Credit:
I don't do that.

Have you had a food or drink item on hand which you didn’t want/need/use-that you were able to give away to someone else who did like it ?

Yes. That often happens when mixtures of things are sold together like cereal 8 packs and you don't like one of the cereals. Another would be bags of candy, when you pick out, for example, all of the dark chocolate and give those away.

Bonus:
No. Have air conditioning and live in an apartment complex so no outside chores.

During the winter, are there chores you do which help you warm up against the cold temperatures ? No.

Just for Fun:

Yes. When watching any multi-year TV show, they should end it as soon as the lead characters get married or have a baby. It seems to be a sign of desperation by the writers that they are fresh out of ideas. The X-Files immediately comes to mind, followed by Bones and Friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics