Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 06:42 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,875,836 times

Advertisements

~ Guess today's high temperature for where your home is: Already checked first thing this morning. 85F with rain this afternoon.

~ Something different that you had to eat this past week: Nothing different to eat, but I was at a friend's house Monday night and she made drinks called Dark and Stormy. I only had a sip, too strong for me.

~ Have you had any melon lately? Watermelon a few weeks ago.

~ We have every kind of radio in the world here at Roosty's Radios! What kind of radio would you like? It is being sent to you Absolutely FREE! Maybe a vintage radio.

~ Have you anything planned for the July 4th holiday? I leave tomorrow for a week at the lake.

~ Any name associated with science fiction or OLD scary movies: Vincent Price

~ What was the best gum to chew when you were very young? Bubblegum..... The kind came with a comic.

~ What cookies are good cookies? Any homemade, warm from the oven.

~ Have you ever ridden in a golf cart? Many times. Ex was a golfer and now my son-in-law's family use them to get around their campground.

~ Somewhere that you stayed in a motel...and it was memorable: Northern Vermont, years ago. Memorable for how run down it was.

~ Something that might be associated with:

Texas: Alamo

New York: Statue of Liberty

Georgia: Jimmy Carter

California: Coastline

~ Say hello to a few of your favorite meals: Hello salmon and veggies!

~ Are there any electronic gadgets that you are thinking you might like? I'd like a turntable.

**** Everybody Wang Chung tonight! **** Thanks, roosty!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2017, 07:06 AM

37,839 posts, read 41,193,924 times
~ Guess today's high temperature for where your home is: 85

~ Something different that you had to eat this past week: Nothing

~ Have you had any melon lately?
No

~ We have every kind of radio in the world here at Roosty's Radios! What kind of radio would you like? It is being sent to you Absolutely FREE! Scanner radio

~ Have you anything planned for the July 4th holiday?
No

~ Any name associated with science fiction or OLD scary movies:
Vincent Price

~ What was the best gum to chew when you were very young?
Bazooka

~ What cookies are good cookies? Jam Thumb Prints

~ Have you ever ridden in a golf cart? Edit: Forgot I've been in a golf cart twice because neither time was it on a golf course - once on a battlefield re-enactment (from parking lot to battlefield) and once on a long dock for a boat tour.

~ Somewhere that you stayed in a motel...and it was memorable: I've stayed in so many. The two that immediately come to mind are in Ocean City, Maryland and Sault Ste Marie, Michigan.

Texas:
Ranches

New York: High Taxes

Georgia: Deliverance (I only say this because I keep having to tell people it didn't take place in Tennessee. It was Georgia.)

California: Crazy laws and regulations (Was going to say traffic but obviously the whole state isn't like Los Angeles.)

~ Say hello to a few of your favorite meals:

HELLO!

chicken parmigiana and spaghetti and self-grated romano cheese
roast pork roasted with sauerkraut and roasted potatoes with cold applesauce, pork gravy and corn
sauerbraten with potato dumplings
cowboy cut pork chops with baked beans
steak salad (no tomatoes) with sliced flank steak, cucumbers, lettuce, bleu cheese crumbles, diced potatoes and bleu cheese dressing
hot dogs with the skin on and melted cheese or hot dogs with the skin on and sauerkraut with mustard on a bun
ricotta cavatelli with sauce, meatballs and self-grated romano cheese
ribeye steak with broccoli or spinach and a baked potato with sour cream or butter.
baby back ribs with potato salad and homemade banana pudding for dessert...and plenty of napkins

~ Are there any electronic gadgets that you are thinking you might like?
No, not right now.

Last edited by LauraC; 06-30-2017 at 07:17 AM..

Old 06-30-2017, 07:26 AM

44,435 posts, read 20,208,013 times
~ Guess today's high temperature for where your home is: 77 (Cooler than yesterday because we had a cold front come through last night and a severe thunderstorm as a result.)

~ Something different that you had to eat this past week: Homemade navy bean soup with bits of smoked ham hocks. I made a huge batch and will be eating it again for lunch today.

~ Have you had any melon lately? I had a few chunks of watermelon last Saturday. That's the only kind of melon I like. The rest are bleccccchy!

~ We have every kind of radio in the world here at Roosty's Radios! What kind of radio would you like? It is being sent to you Absolutely FREE! LOL! If it's free, I'd like a top-of-the-line Bose Wave Sound Touch IV wireless radio, please. It's only $599 + S&H.

~ Have you anything planned for the July 4th holiday? Yep. My boyfriend and I are forgoing parties with others and are going to work on our respective houses and yards during the morning and then will get together in the afternoon. He's going to prepare a turkey breast in his smoker and I'll make some sides and we'll have a real nice picnic, just the two of us. A nice change from big gatherings. We need some down time!

~ Any name associated with science fiction or OLD scary movies: Bela Lugosi a/k/a Count Dracula.

~ What was the best gum to chew when you were very young? My mom didn't let us chew gum when I was a kid, so it was extremely rare for me to have a piece of gum (still is). I think I recall trying a striped, fruit-flavored gum by Beechnut.

~ What cookies are good cookies? My homemade Snickerdoodles or my homemade chocolate chip cookies.

~ Have you ever ridden in a golf cart? Yes, several times. Only once on a golf course.

~ Somewhere that you stayed in a motel...and it was memorable: There's only one time I can think of when I stayed in a motel. It was in the fall of 1976 or 1977. My bf and I drove his great-aunt down to her home in FL for the winter. It was her car that we drove, so we flew back to Chicago. After we delivered his aunt to her home, we stayed a couple of nights in FL - somewhere around Tampa - and we stayed at a motel there. It had a swimming pool, and I recall really enjoying swimming because that's something I rarely get to do back home in Indiana.

Texas: Longhorns

New York: Taxi cabs

Georgia: Peaches

California: Sunshine

~ Say hello to a few of your favorite meals: Hello, lobster and steak combo! Hello, Pammy's homemade soups! Hello, grilled scallops! Hello, Pammy's homemade spaghetti sauce on whole-grain pasta!

~ Are there any electronic gadgets that you are thinking you might like? After I retire and have more time to read, I may get a Nook or Kindle.

**** Everybody Wang Chung tonight! **** <<< LOL! Thanks for the fun Q's, roosty!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-30-2017 at 07:43 AM..

Old 06-30-2017, 08:27 AM

4,051 posts, read 2,924,067 times
~ Guess today's high temperature for where your home is: 106

~ Something different that you had to eat this past week: Tutti Frutti Skillet at the Cheeze Factory, a vegan restaurant in the Wisconsin Dells. It was delicious!

~ Have you had any melon lately? Not for a while.

~ We have every kind of radio in the world here at Roosty's Radios! What kind of radio would you like? It is being sent to you Absolutely FREE! I'll take a new little one for the garage thanks Roosty.

~ Have you anything planned for the July 4th holiday? Nothing traditional. I'll probably spend the day reading and painting.

~ Any name associated with science fiction or OLD scary movies: Alfred Hitchcock.

~ What was the best gum to chew when you were very young? I'll go with Juicy Fruit but gum wasn't a big thing in New Zealand where I grew up.

~ What cookies are good cookies? Cranberry nut thanks.

~ Have you ever ridden in a golf cart? I have.

~ Somewhere that you stayed in a motel...and it was memorable: My kids and I stopped at a motel in Cleveland on the way back from a vacation in Washington DC some time in the early 80s. I was recently divorced and this was my first solo road trip with the kids. I'd been trying to make it to Wisconsin but ended up being too tired to push on, so we stopped in the first place we found off the freeway. It was a bit run down but looked clean enough. We had noisy neighbors who pounded on our door several times during the night, and the queen sized bed the kids were sharing collapsed when they jumped into bed. We cleared out of the room at about 5 a.m. -- the earliest start we'd ever had while traveling. Couldn't wait to get home!

Texas: Two Step

New York: Yankees

Georgia: Ray Charles

California: Beach Boys

~ Say hello to a few of your favorite meals: Hi roast beef and veggies, chili, curried mango chicken!

~ Are there any electronic gadgets that you are thinking you might like? Not really. I just installed a modem and router in my WI Dells place so I now have wifi there. That'll do me for a while thanks.

Thanks Mr. Roosty and happy weekend everyone!

Old 06-30-2017, 08:34 AM

114,838 posts, read 66,120,001 times
~ Guess today's high temperature for where your home is:
About 100..

~ Something different that you had to eat

~ We have every kind of radio in the world here at Roosty's Radios! What kind of radio would you like? It is being sent to you Absolutely FREE!
Ham transceiver 2 meter +

Chucky!

Chum gum

~ What cookies are good cookies?
Moist chocolate chip

~ Have you ever ridden in a golf cart?

~ Somewhere that you stayed in a motel...and it was memorable:
Williams , Arizona

Texas: Cowboys

New York: Crowds

Georgia: Peaches

California: Nuts! I know a few exceptions.

Hello!

Yes a larger tablet.

**** Everybody Wang Chung tonight! ****
Thanks Roosty! Nice job!

Old 06-30-2017, 08:38 AM

5,919 posts, read 3,833,067 times
It's raining and the temp is a little cooler I think the high will be around 79 but tomorrow it will be blazing hot again

~ Something different that you had to eat this past week:
Same old same old here

no not lately

~ We have every kind of radio in the world here at Roosty's Radios! What kind of radio would you like? It is being sent to you Absolutely FREE!
I want a CB radio

No it's going to be too hot

Boris Karloff

Hubba Bubba

Pretty much anything that isn't sugar free

Yes so much fun!

At Disneyworld, it was memorable because it was a horrible experience

Texas: longhorns

New York: pizza

Georgia: peaches

California: warm weather

hello manicotti and fried chicken!

no I'm satisfied with my smartphone, tablet and computer

Thanks Roosty!

Old 06-30-2017, 08:41 AM

32,944 posts, read 3,955,614 times
Around 70F here in northern Minnesota

I whipped up a new Avocado salad dressing with different ingredients than I usually use. Yum!

No, melon is usually too sweet for me.

Okay, a Marine radio from West Marine, Fixed-Mount Submersible VHF, please. Thanks!

Not yet...

Sir Arthur C. Clarke

CLOVE gum by Adams because I never liked gums that were really sweet.

Is this a trick question? Most cookies are good cookies!

Yes, but not on a golf course.

Hmm... one place was in Maine that was one of those cool 1950s-type motels with the rooms in a half circle and a little lounge in the middle serving refreshments; plus it was in the woods!

Texas: Diverse geography

New York: Upstate is the best region

Georgia:Weather is too hot and humid

California: Just too many people

Even though I'd have to travel far to get this stuff...
Lobster Roll from Maine or Rhode Island and a
Pylsur from Iceland (hot dog, made mostly of lamb and the condiments are different than ours, also) So good!!!

Yes, my laptop needs a cleaning! I'd like that, so I guess I should get on it.

Thanks rainroosty, you make Friday my favorite here! Everybody have fun tonight!

Last edited by geebabe; 06-30-2017 at 09:03 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 06-30-2017, 08:54 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,418,886 times
100°

Fried okra. I love it.

Nope.

Boombox. ahahahaha

Resting up for jury duty.

Vincent Price.

Licorice

Macadamia.

Yes.

Houston, TX.

Texas: The Alamo

New York: The Statue of Liberty

Georgia: Peanuts

California: The Presidio

Lentil soup and cornbread. It's my "comfort meal."

Not really.

......while Kung Foo Fighting.
Thanks, RR.

Old 06-30-2017, 09:17 AM

14,957 posts, read 8,272,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

The TV station said the high would be 84, The low 70

~ Something different that you had to eat this past week: Red Thai Curry also Cajun Fries.

~ Have you had any melon lately? No

~ Have you anything planned for the July 4th holiday? Maybe a special dinner and dessert.
Sometimes we Grill out, but hubby has to work. Later will probably comfort my cat, she is not fond of
fireworks - the sound scares her I thi
nk.

Vincent Price, Bella Lugosi -Horror. William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy - Star Trek(Sci-Fi)
Mark Hamil, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fischer - Star Wars (Sci-f)

~ What was the best gum to chew when you were very young? Never really a gum chewer.

~ What cookies are good cookies? All cookies are good cookies! All of them!

The Scottish Inn 1974 Nashville - we were very young teenagers, the girls in my neighborhood and I,
and every year we would make a trip to Nashville and go to Opryland. The Scottish Inn was probably
not the fanciest hotel in the world, but it suited our budgets! Until the next morning...I was bit by a
huge spider and swelled up and turned all red. Thought I would probably die.

Peabody Hotel in Nashville, 1976, got to see walking of the ducks - which was too cool for the
teenage Crazee Cat Lady.

Indy 1977 at the Marriott
(got stuck in an elevator as a teenager! Realized I must be claustrophobic! Panic!)

Travel Lodge - Jan. 1980 Provo Utah - we were next to an old man with strange clothes and a long white beard, who keep trying to flirt or be super
friendly with us (me and one of my friends) - and he was with 4 ladies, all of whom wore long dresses and were pregnant and holding babies. For all intense purposes, I think one of those polygamous
Mormons might have been trying to pick us up! We got out of there pretty quick!

Best Western - Colorado Springs - Jan 1980 - The same friend and I from the Travel Lodge were
traveling back home from visiting our friends in Utah, when a Blizzard came up and they warning of
possible Avalanche's on the radio news- were planning on driving straight through back home but because the weather was so bad, we had to stop.....in Colorado Springs in one of it's peak skiing seasons evidently....we didn't have a lot of money left at the end of our trip, so were happy to see a
Best Western because they were never very expensive....well it turns out that they are if you go to the
one in Colorado Springs in January! This was like 37 years ago and it was almost 200 dollars for the night...which was a lot of money back then!

Virginia in 1983 - Triangle Motel- absolutely horrifying - felt like being in an Alfred Hitchcock movie!)

Best Western - Cincinnati - the 1990's we had visited Kings Island the night before, everyone
woke up with food poisoning - nixing day two's plans

Make note one and all, if you go on a trip don't invite me....it's probably not going to end well...as you
can see from above.

Texas: Cowboys

New York: Sky scrapers, Central Park and Broadway

Georgia: Peaches and Atlanta

California: Movie Stars and Ocean

Turkey and fixin's, Prime Rib, Lasagna, Grilled Steak
or chicken with salad. Fried Chicken. Mushroom stuffed Rigatoni, grilled veggies and Garlic Bread.

Great Questions! Have a great Weekend!

Last edited by Crazee Cat Lady; 06-30-2017 at 10:23 AM..

Old 06-30-2017, 09:48 AM

62,319 posts, read 88,227,104 times

100+F for sure

Past week was boring foodwise (hospital cafeteria food). Hope to eat something exciting this weekend

Oh, yeah, all kinds! They are so sweet now!

Shortwave radio - the source when searching for international broadcasters from around the world. I have one, but it's quite old.

If stays 100+F outside, I will plan indoor activities.

Twilight Zone...

A lady chewing a gum? My mom would not approve.

I like the Voortmans oatmeal cranberry cookies.

Yes.

Yes! I stayed in a Motel 9 once (in the 80's) and remember the room was so cold and humid, the sheets felt cold and wet Never stayed in that chain again

Texas:

Longhorn

New York:

Manhattan

Georgia:

Peaches

California:

Nice beaches and great weather all year around

Hello Sushi!
Hello lambchops!
Hello pierogi!
Hello soups!
Hello steaks!

Nah. I have what I like, no need for more.

Thank you, roosty!!!
TGIF peeps!

Last edited by elnina; 06-30-2017 at 10:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics