Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 06:10 AM

4,866 posts, read 3,693,515 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):
What is your personal "style?" Are you casual, dressy, eclectic, etc? What does that look like for you? Casual but not sloppy. Typical is maxi skirt, sandals, coordinating top, nice jewelry or jeans/blazer/white shirt/boots

Bonus Question(s):
Do you have a favorite "graphic" (printed) t-shirt? If so, what design is printed on it? ZZ Top tee my son bought for me at a concert

If not, do you currently have any favorite article of clothing? If so, what is it? Nike Lunarsandiator shoe booties.

Just For Fun:
Do you regularly go through your refrigerator and get rid of outdated food, or do you clean it out as you go along? Yes, clean and get rid of stuff at one time. Or if it is moldy I toss it right then.

Today in History:
Arts/Entertainment: 2013 New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art announces it will return two statues from northern Cambodia's archeological site Koh Ker
Birthday: 1943 Michael Palin, British Comedian (Monty Python's Flying Circus)
Science: 1949 1st firing of a U.S. Viking rocket; reached 80 km
Sports: 1936 New York Yankee Joe DiMaggio makes his major-league debut, gets 3 hits

Today’s Word:
myriad
Pronunciation: (MIR-ee-ehd)
Meaning: noun: A large number.
adjective: Large in number, variations, etc.
Etymology: From Greek myriás (ten thousand, countless).
Earliest documented use: 1555.

Today Is:
Garden Meditation Day
Lumpy Rug Day
National Chocolate Custard Day
National Raspberry Popover/Raspberry Tart Day
Paranormal Day
School Nurse Day
Two Different Colored Shoes Day
World Press Freedom Day

Quote of the Day:
"I don't see why it should be remarkable that you can acquire a reputation for fairness and decency. Those are qualities shared by so many people. And the great majority of people I meet are decent people, just trying to navigate their way through the world without causing
too much trouble." ~ Michael Palin ~

Thanx for playing everyone!
Have a good day! [/quote]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2017, 06:29 AM

9,822 posts, read 14,407,458 times
Today's Question(s):
What is your personal "style?" Are you casual, dressy, eclectic, etc? What does that look like for you?
Casual, most of the time. On-the-job, I must inspect crawl spaces, attics, basements, etc. So, I usually wear ankle length fitted pants with a matching top. I love the stretch material pants, and I have them in various colors i.e. lime green, orange, yellow, coral. I usually wear black pants all winter, so in the spring I go nuts with color!
For evenings out, I like to wear maxi skirts with fitted tops. Tops have to have some style, like my favorite: a black short sleeve with a fringed bottom, that goes below the hips

Bonus Question(s):
Do you have a favorite "graphic" (printed) t-shirt? If so, what design is printed on it?
No, I don't wear t-shirts at all

If not, do you currently have any favorite article of clothing? If so, what is it?
I have a coral colored spring blazer (linen like) that I love

Just For Fun:
Do you regularly go through your refrigerator and get rid of outdated food, or do you clean it out as you go along? I clean it out as I go along. I read an article that we waste a lot of food like mustard, relish, catsup, etc. by throwing them out when they're still good

Have a good day! [/quote]

Thanks, Pat! Hope everyone has a colorful day!

Old 05-03-2017, 06:36 AM

7,272 posts, read 5,336,036 times
Today's Question(s):
What is your personal "style?" Are you casual, dressy, eclectic, etc? What does that look like for you?
I don't pay much attention other than casual would be the best description.

Bonus Question(s):
Do you have a favorite "graphic" (printed) t-shirt? If so, what design is printed on it?
I only have t-shirts for around home and working out, so I don't even think of them as clothing. No favorites for me.

If not, do you currently have any favorite article of clothing? If so, what is it?
Nope. No favorites.

Just For Fun:
Do you regularly go through your refrigerator and get rid of outdated food, or do you clean it out as you go along?
I let time pass too long usually, then have a clean out session.

Old 05-03-2017, 08:05 AM

4,054 posts, read 2,928,379 times
Today's Question(s):
What is your personal "style?" Are you casual, dressy, eclectic, etc? Now that I'm retired -- casual. What does that look like for you? In the summer -- capris, sandals, light top; in winter -- jeans, turtleneck, socks and comfy shoes.

Do you have a favorite "graphic" (printed) t-shirt? If so, what design is printed on it? I don't have any printed t-shirts.

If not, do you currently have any favorite article of clothing? Yes. If so, what is it? An aqua top that my daughter gave me for Christmas.

Do you regularly go through your refrigerator and get rid of outdated food, or do you clean it out as you go along? I clean out as I go.

Thanks PC and happy day everyone!

Old 05-03-2017, 08:06 AM

3,147 posts, read 1,997,041 times
Today's Question(s):
What is your personal "style?" Are you casual, dressy, eclectic, etc? What does that look like for you? Trendy Casual.

Bonus Question(s):
Do you have a favorite "graphic" (printed) t-shirt? No, I don't wear T-Shirts, outside the gym.

If not, do you currently have any favorite article of clothing? If so, what is it? My beautiful Trench Coat.

Just For Fun:
Do you regularly go through your refrigerator and get rid of outdated food, or do you clean it out as you go along?
I dump food every 2-3 days.

Old 05-03-2017, 08:10 AM

39,222 posts, read 23,199,902 times
Today's Question(s):
Casual, usually jeans, Hawaiian shirt and comfortable slip-on shoes.

Bonus Question(s):
I don't have a favorite. Most of my T-shirts are solid gray or black.

Several of my Hawaiian shirts. Very comfortable and colorful at the same time.

Just For Fun:
I go through it on a weekly basis, more or less.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Old 05-03-2017, 08:19 AM

5,925 posts, read 3,849,704 times
Good Morning everyone, I'm back after a 3 month battle with being extremely physically ill. It was a nightmare, I have completely fallen apart mentally and physically in the last 6 months. I can barely walk because of knee pain and stiffness, will find out on Monday whether or not it's arthritis or deterioration of cartilage and I am in need of a knee replacement. I'm so happy to be feeling better otherwise so I'm able to deal with the knee pain ok, hope all is well here with everyone. I want to give cautionary warning about medications, I feel certain that is what made me so sick - the drug is called Seroquel and it is complete poison. If you or anyone you know is taking any medication that gives them any kind of negative side effect, please stop taking it and tell your doctor immediately. Do not continue to take it. Anyway, on the the QOTD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCats View Post
Mornin' all! [url= "http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=15ppx03&s=5&hid=0&tag=hello+smiley"][/UR

Time again to pause for a moment and relax with your favorite morning beverage and today's Questions.

Today's Question(s):
Very casual, I haven't worn a dress in a long time. Looks like jeans and relaxed,
comfy shirts and flip-flops for me

Bonus Question(s):
Yeah I do, I'm really going to date myself but I still have a t-shirt from a 1981 REO Speedwagon concert. I keep it in a drawar because I'm significantly larger now and cannot wear it, it's tiny!! I can't believe I was ever that small

My favorite article of clothing is my jeans, one certain pair

Just For Fun:
Every so often I do clean it out but I usually do as I go to keep it under control

Today in History:
Arts/Entertainment: 2013 New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art announces it will return two statues from northern Cambodia's archeological site Koh Ker
Sports: 1936 New York Yankee Joe DiMaggio makes his major-league debut, gets 3 hits

Today’s Word:
myriad

Today Is:
Garden Meditation Day
Lumpy Rug Day
Paranormal Day
School Nurse Day
World Press Freedom Day

Quote of the Day:
"I don't see why it should be remarkable that you can acquire a reputation for fairness and decency. Those are qualities shared by so many people. And the great majority of people I meet are decent people, just trying to navigate their way through the world without causing

Have a good day!

Old 05-03-2017, 08:21 AM

8,003 posts, read 5,454,126 times
Good Morning

Today's Question(s):
What is your personal "style?" Are you casual, dressy, eclectic, etc? What does that look like for you? Trendy, classic, casual, never sloppy. I often wear dresses.

Bonus Question(s):
Do you have a favorite "graphic" (printed) t-shirt? If so, what design is printed on it? No--I don't do t-shirts.

Just For Fun:
Do you regularly go through your refrigerator and get rid of outdated food, or do you clean it out as you go along? I try to keep up to date with it. Sometimes something gets hidden in a corner.

Today Is:
Garden Meditation Day
Lumpy Rug Day
Paranormal Day
School Nurse Day
World Press Freedom Day

Wishing you a super duper day!

Old 05-03-2017, 08:42 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,253,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCats View Post
Mornin' all!

Time again to pause for a moment and relax with your favorite morning beverage and today's Questions.

Today's Question(s):
What is your personal "style?" Are you casual, dressy, eclectic, etc? What does that look like for you?Casual, Over the winter I changed my hair style going from short to longer. While it was growing (what is still there ) I certainly did not like the shaggy look. Love it now.

Bonus Question(s):
Do you have a favorite "graphic" (printed) t-shirt?Yes If so, what design is printed on it?Out of my mind Back in 5 minutes

Just For Fun:
Do you regularly go through your refrigerator and get rid of outdated food, or do you clean it out as you go along? AS we go along. Not much gets out dated

Today Is:
Garden Meditation Day
Lumpy Rug Day
Paranormal Day
School Nurse Day
World Press Freedom Day

Quote of the Day:

Have a good day!
Thank you Pat. Have a great day,

Old 05-03-2017, 09:15 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,882,870 times
[quote=PatsCats;48029420]Mornin' all!

Today's Question(s):

Woodsy out doors type.
Bonus Question(s):

It's a Halloween one with a scary old house and a red bloody hand print on the back. I only wear it in the house or to ride my bike late at night. It reminds me of a really fun time with one of my besties. The haunted house was amazing too. It was actually in an old mansion on some acreage. You have to take a bus down some scary old gravel road to get to it. Then you walk through a foggy path through a grave yard to get to the house. It's one of the best haunted houses I've ever been too. It's called Hell's Gate in Lockwood Illinois. Check out the web site. Can't wait to traumatize some shorties this year.

It's a toss up between my North Face fleece or my Colombia ski jacket.
Just For Fun:
I clean it out every week.

Today in History:

Today’s Word:
myriad

Today Is:
Garden Meditation Day
Lumpy Rug Day
Paranormal Day
School Nurse Day
World Press Freedom Day

Quote of the Day:

Have a good day!

Thanks Pat, Isn't it nice to see the sun today
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics