Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 04:18 AM

16,913 posts, read 16,235,965 times

Advertisements

~ What place(s) do you think should be open for business at an earlier hour in the morning?

~ What place(s) do you think should close up at an earlier hour in the evening/night?

~ Have you any onion or garlic powder?

~ Have you a skillet with a glass lid?

~ What did you last eat that had either spinach, garlic or mushrooms in/on it?

~ What FREE book would you like to receive in the mail this week? ANY kind of book will do!

~ You HAVE to sit down...on whatever you'd like...for 8 hours...somewhere! For a FREE $5,000 cash prize! WHERE in the United States would you like to sit? Anywhere at all, inside or outside...:

~ Name 5 old rock bands that nobody else here in the Fryday Fill-Ins has mentioned already (today)!

~ Warp to a distant town/city instantly, just for a 2 hour limited lunch, FREE!:

Please don't eat the Daisies...leave them for the wabbits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2017, 04:25 AM

761 posts, read 611,234 times
The harbor Ogunquit Maine for a 2 hour lunch with Lobster Rolls, and New England sides like clam chowder, roasted corn on the cob etc...

Old 04-28-2017, 04:30 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,253,460 times
]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
~ What place(s) do you think should be open for business at an earlier hour in the morning?Oil Change place

~ Have you any onion or garlic powder?Both

~ Have you a skillet with a glass lid?No

~ What did you last eat that had either spinach, garlic or mushrooms in/on it? Fresh mushrooms in breakfast omlett

~ What FREE book would you like to receive in the mail this week? ANY kind of book will do!

~ You HAVE to sit down...on whatever you'd like...for 8 hours...somewhere! For a FREE $5,000 cash prize! WHERE in the United States would you like to sit? Anywhere at all, inside or outside...Cape Henlopen State Park outside:

~ Warp to a distant town/city instantly, just for a 2 hour limited lunch, FREE!:Montego Bay

Old 04-28-2017, 04:50 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,877,050 times
~ What place(s) do you think should be open for business at an earlier hour in the morning? The polls. They didn't open here until 8am here. I will say though, the town makes it easy to vote with absentee ballots. I went to the town office and voted early.

~ What place(s) do you think should close up at an earlier hour in the evening/night? Can't think of anything.

~ Have you any onion or garlic powder? Don't. I do have onions and garlic but no powder.

~ Have you a skillet with a glass lid? Do

~ What did you last eat that had either spinach, garlic or mushrooms in/on it? Garlic mashed potatos

~ What FREE book would you like to receive in the mail this week? ANY kind of book will do! Someone recommended Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders and I haven't had a chance to pick it up yet, so that would be nice!

~ You HAVE to sit down...on whatever you'd like...for 8 hours...somewhere! For a FREE $5,000 cash prize! WHERE in the United States would you like to sit? Anywhere at all, inside or outside...: I will sit down in my kayak on a quiet lake.

~ Name 5 old rock bands that nobody else here in the Fryday Fill-Ins has mentioned already (today)! Oh.... Nobody else has mentioned? I'd need to look for some pretty obscure bands.

~ Warp to a distant town/city instantly, just for a 2 hour limited lunch, FREE!: A small town in Greece, I think. I have been wanting Greek food lately.

Please don't eat the Daisies...leave them for the wabbits. No daisies here yet. A few dandelions though and I've tried them.... fried dandelions and dandelion wine. I will definitely leave the dandelions for the wabbits.

Thanks, roosty! Enjoy your day, all!

Old 04-28-2017, 04:56 AM

37,862 posts, read 41,261,575 times
What place(s) do you think should be open for business at an earlier hour in the morning?

Anything that has to do with wildlife should be open when the sun comes up.

~ What place(s) do you think should close up at an earlier hour in the evening/night?

Can't really think of anything.

~ Have you any onion or garlic powder? Just garlic and onion salt.

~ Have you a skillet with a glass lid?
No

~ What did you last eat that had either spinach, garlic or mushrooms in/on it? Garlic - tomato sauce.

None. No packages for the next 2.5 weeks.

~ You HAVE to sit down...on whatever you'd like...for 8 hours...somewhere! For a FREE $5,000 cash prize! WHERE in the United States would you like to sit? Anywhere at all, inside or outside...:

At this time of year I would like to sit on a fishing boat in a calm bay.

~ Name 5 old rock bands that nobody else here in the Fryday Fill-Ins has mentioned already (today)!

Assuming they must play instruments:

Queen, The Animals, Mitch Ryder and The Detroit Wheels, Guns N Roses, Kinks

~ Warp to a distant town/city instantly, just for a 2 hour limited lunch, FREE!:

Las Vegas

Old 04-28-2017, 05:00 AM

11,446 posts, read 9,393,489 times
~ What place(s) do you think should be open for business at an earlier hour in the morning? - D/K

~ What place(s) do you think should close up at an earlier hour in the evening/night? - No opinion

~ Have you any onion or garlic powder? - Seen the latter but never used either

~ Have you a skillet with a glass lid? - By accident. One fits and I use it. Great for over hard eggs and to melt cheese.

~ What did you last eat that had either spinach, garlic or mushrooms in/on it? - I have all 3 often.
Spinach yesterday in my salad and the garlic and mushrooms (with onion) on a yummy veggie burger I made 3 days ago...

~ What FREE book would you like to receive in the mail this week? ANY kind of book will do! - Need more thought to answer. I just woke up and I'm a little behind...

~ You HAVE to sit down...on whatever you'd like...for 8 hours...somewhere! For a FREE $5,000 cash prize! WHERE in the United States would you like to sit? Anywhere at all, inside or outside...: - Overlooking the Pacific Ocean in La Jolla, CA

~ Name 5 old rock bands that nobody else here in the Fryday Fill-Ins has mentioned already (today)! -
Mentioned today? Well, I'm near the top plus I hardly ever read answers before I post mine. I post then read others.

I mentioned a couple of these in the past and I won't be too obvious:

The Kinks, Climax Blues Band, Savoy Brown, Deep Purple, Humble Pie

Edit: I see Laura mentioned the Kinks. Way to go! Add Foghat instead.

~ Warp to a distant town/city instantly, just for a 2 hour limited lunch, FREE!: - See "sit down" answer above.

Thanks, rainroosty.
Happy Friday to all!

Old 04-28-2017, 05:16 AM

18,968 posts, read 11,675,083 times
~ What place(s) do you think should be open for business at an earlier hour in the morning? anywhere I happen to feel like calling or visiting - I'm fickle that way

~ What place(s) do you think should close up at an earlier hour in the evening/night? my new neighbors on their balcony! It's been blessedly quiet for weeks - now they're back.

~ Have you any onion or garlic powder? yes

~ Have you a skillet with a glass lid? yes

~ What did you last eat that had either spinach, garlic or mushrooms in/on it? palak paneer - yesterday for lunch

~ What FREE book would you like to receive in the mail this week? ANY kind of book will do! my annotated Alice that's in storage right now

~ You HAVE to sit down...on whatever you'd like...for 8 hours...somewhere! For a FREE $5,000 cash prize! WHERE in the United States would you like to sit? Anywhere at all, inside or outside...:the sofa in my moms living room - 8 hours will fly by and include so much good conversation and giggles

~ Name 5 old rock bands that nobody else here in the Fryday Fill-Ins has mentioned already (today)!oh I never read answers before I post my own. I'll add Hermans Hermits, Siouxsie and the Banshees, bow wow wow, graham Parker & the rumour, and rockpile

~ Warp to a distant town/city instantly, just for a 2 hour limited lunch, FREE!:today I'll go to Riga in Latvia - for pelmeni. They might not be the best, but they're my favorite that I've tried so far

[b][color=Indigo]Please don't eat the Daisies...leave them for the wabbits. oh gosh. I'll leave the daisies but might nibble a few violets

Old 04-28-2017, 05:22 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,772,732 times
~ What place(s) do you think should be open for business at an earlier hour in the morning? The Post Office.

~ What place(s) do you think should close up at an earlier hour in the evening/night? The bars.

~ Have you any onion or garlic powder? Garlic powder.

~ Have you a skillet with a glass lid? No.

~ What did you last eat that had either spinach, garlic or mushrooms in/on it? Spinach salad with mushrooms in it.

~ You HAVE to sit down...on whatever you'd like...for 8 hours...somewhere! For a FREE $5,000 cash prize! WHERE in the United States would you like to sit? Anywhere at all, inside or outside...: In the Rocky Mountains.

~ Name 5 old rock bands that nobody else here in the Fryday Fill-Ins has mentioned already (today)! Blind Faith, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Rare Earth, Mountain and Country Joe and The Fish.

~ Warp to a distant town/city instantly, just for a 2 hour limited lunch, FREE!: Boulder, Colorado

Please don't eat the Daisies...leave them for the wabbits. [/quote]

Have a nice day, everyone.

Old 04-28-2017, 05:36 AM

36,572 posts, read 16,152,284 times
~ What place(s) do you think should be open for business at an earlier hour in the morning?

~ What place(s) do you think should close up at an earlier hour in the evening/night? Bars

~ Have you any onion or garlic powder? Yes both

~ Have you a skillet with a glass lid? No but I'd like to.

~ What did you last eat that had either spinach, garlic or mushrooms in/on it? Hummus has garlic

~ What FREE book would you like to receive in the mail this week? ANY kind of book will do! A really good thriller.

~ You HAVE to sit down...on whatever you'd like...for 8 hours...somewhere! For a FREE $5,000 cash prize! WHERE in the United States would you like to sit? Anywhere at all, inside or outside...: On the deck of a house on the Oregon coast, watching and listening to the waves.

Oh I didn't read all the answers.
Montrose
Crash Test Dummies
Boston
Scorpions
Styx

~ Warp to a distant town/city instantly, just for a 2 hour limited lunch, FREE!: Sacramento, Jacks Urban Eats.

Old 04-28-2017, 05:50 AM

44,467 posts, read 20,252,965 times
~ What place(s) do you think should be open for business at an earlier hour in the morning? Gee, I don't know. Except for work, I don't leave the house early in the morning, so I'm not aware of the time most businesses open for the day.

~ What place(s) do you think should close up at an earlier hour in the evening/night? All retail stores, around the winter holidays and on holidays throughout the year. I don't think they should stay open till all hours at then because it's not fair to the employees who are prevented from spending time with their families and friends on the holidays. Let the shoppers shop during normal business hours.

~ Have you any onion or garlic powder? Yes to both. I use garlic powder fairly often.

~ Have you a skillet with a glass lid? Not a skillet. I do have some Visions cookware that is all glass, including the lids, but none of the pieces are skillets.

~ What did you last eat that had either spinach, garlic or mushrooms in/on it? I had shrooms in the salad I ate for lunch yesterday.

~ What FREE book would you like to receive in the mail this week? ANY kind of book will do! Hmmm. I don't know. I have several books on my nightstand waiting to be read. I don't need any more right now. If I think of something later (when I'm more awake!), I'll edit this answer.

~ You HAVE to sit down...on whatever you'd like...for 8 hours...somewhere! For a FREE $5,000 cash prize! WHERE in the United States would you like to sit? Anywhere at all, inside or outside...: In the deep forest in northern Minnesota, at the edge of a lake.

~ Name 5 old rock bands that nobody else here in the Fryday Fill-Ins has mentioned already (today)! I don't have time right now to go back and read the other answers, so I'll answer without benefit of reading them. Dave Clark Five; Herman's Hermits; The Buckinghams; Creedence Clearwater Revival; The Byrds.

~ Warp to a distant town/city instantly, just for a 2 hour limited lunch, FREE!: Salsburg, Austria. (It's on my must-see list and I love German/Austrian food.)

Please don't eat the Daisies...leave them for the wabbits. I remember the TV show, Please Don't Eat The Daisies. Haven't heard of it for decades. I may look it up and see if it's available to watch again. Happy Fryday, everybody!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-28-2017 at 06:04 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics