Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 06:03 AM

16,374 posts, read 10,595,529 times

Advertisements

Today’s Question:
Does your fridge have a thermometer inside (that you can read) ?
No

Do you have a thermometer outside your home-if so, can you see it from indoors ?

Actually had one of those digital indoor/outdoor ones for years. After it broke the multiple replacement failed to work so I got a big old fashion wall clock looking one. When the sun hits it the thing will read 30 degrees hotter than actual, even out of the sun it is useless. I keep it up as a running joke, just use my phone now

Does your vehicle have a thermometer readout inside, on/around dashboard area ?

Yeah and I love it. I play a game where I guess, I'm allowed +/- 3 degrees and I usually nail it.

Extra Credit:
Do you ever skim the “comments section” of an online story/piece of content (for instance, at YouTube or Facebook) ?

Oh sure

If so-is that before, after, or instead of-viewing a video or reading an article (the content itself) ?

After duh

Bonus:
Have you ever seen-or smelled-a carrion flower (plant which, when in bloom, emits odor of decomposition) ?[/b][/color]

I am about to Google "carrion flower" so I believe we have our answer.

Do you use “twist-ties” for anything ?

Sure when I can find them. We have a very busy pattern on our kitchen tablecloth, it turns a twist tie placed while opening bread into a game of Where's Waldo, little bastards simply disappear on that tablecloth. So this results in the classic go to move perfected by men around the world of spinning the bread so the open end is closed and in the form of a long skinny strand, then tucking the long strand under the bread to hold it in place as it is returned to the counter.

If you buy bread products, is the “freshness date” stamped right on the bag, a plastic tag, a sticker, or another method ?

I should know this but I don't check, I really should check the dates.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 02-27-2017 at 06:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2017, 06:29 AM
Status: "Civility needs to make a return." (set 4 days ago)

4,733 posts, read 3,302,253 times
Happy Monday February 27, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:
Does your fridge have a thermometer inside (that you can read) ?.......Yes
Do you have a thermometer outside your home-if so, can you see it from indoors ?..........Nothing outside.
Does your vehicle have a thermometer readout inside, on/around dashboard area ?...........Yes

Extra Credit:
Do you ever skim the “comments section” of an online story/piece of content (for instance, at YouTube or Facebook) ? ..............Yes
If so-is that before, after, or instead of-viewing a video or reading an article (the content itself) ?.........Depends on the subject.

Bonus:
Have you ever seen-or smelled-a carrion flower (plant which, when in bloom, emits odor of decomposition) ?
........Thankfully I have not.
LINK —> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrion_flower

Just for Fun:
..........Yes, I often use the large ones to keep electric cords neat.
LINK —> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twist_tie
If you buy bread products, is the “freshness date” stamped right on the bag, a plastic tag, a sticker, or another method ?........I've purchased bread with various labeling.

Today in History:
1930: Birth of actress & philanthropist Joanne Gignilliat Trimmier Woodward (The Three Faces of Eve)
1934: Birth of activist & author Ralph Nader
1940: Birth of actor Howard Hesseman (WKRP in Cincinnati, Head of the Class)
1940: Discovery by Sam Ruben & Martin Kamen of the radioactive isotope carbon-14
1942: Birth of journalist Charlayne Hunter-Gault (PBS NewsHour)
1951: Ratification (approval by 3/4 of the state legislatures) of the 22nd amendment to the U.S. Constitution, imposing presidential term limits
1966: Birth of actor Donal Logue (Grounded for Life, Terriers)
1983: Birth of actress Kate Mara (House of Cards)

Today’s Word:
disgruntled /ˌdisˈɡrən(t)ld/ (adj.): Angry, discontent. Grouchy, sullen, in a bad mood, resentful, incensed, outraged, indignant.

Today Is:
Anosmia Awareness Day (anosmia = loss of sense of smell)
International Polar Bear Day
National Cupcake Day (Canada)

Today’s Picture:
Entrance & exit are at center left-

Thought for the Day:
“I realized I had a choice-I could have a blog with comments and no posts, or a blog with posts and no comments.”
-Seth Godin
Hoping that what disgruntlements your day has in store are of the brief & fleeting kind.

Old 02-27-2017, 06:38 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,526,916 times
Today’s Question:
Does your fridge have a thermometer inside (that you can read) ? Yes I do
Do you have a thermometer outside your home-if so, can you see it from indoors ? No but hubby has one in the solar building
Does your vehicle have a thermometer readout inside, on/around dashboard area ? Not the Jeep but the Van does and it is always wrong sometimes by 30 degrees

Extra Credit:
Do you ever skim the “comments section” of an online story/piece of content (for instance, at YouTube or Facebook) ? I do..and then I roll my eyes. People have become mean and vicious
If so-is that before, after, or instead of-viewing a video or reading an article (the content itself) ? I read or watch first.

Bonus:
Have you ever seen-or smelled-a carrion flower (plant which, when in bloom, emits odor of decomposition) ?[/b][/color] No. Oh...poor flower. I guess that is not one to use for weddings

Just for Fun:
Rarely and mostly for breads or wires
[color=DarkRed][b]If you buy bread products, is the “freshness date” stamped right on the bag, a plastic tag, a sticker, or another method ? Bread on the plastic, English Muffins on the tag, fresh bread on the label.

Hoping that what disgruntlements your day has in store are of the brief & fleeting kind.
You also

Old 02-27-2017, 06:51 AM

4,865 posts, read 3,691,770 times
Today’s Question:
Does your fridge have a thermometer inside (that you can read) ? no. Digital display on water dispenser.
Do you have a thermometer outside your home-if so, can you see it from indoors ? No
Does your vehicle have a thermometer readout inside, on/around dashboard area ? Yes

Extra Credit:
Do you ever skim the “comments section” of an online story/piece of content (for instance, at YouTube or Facebook) ?
If so-is that before, after, or instead of-viewing a video or reading an article (the content itself) ? Afterwards.

Bonus:
Have you ever seen-or smelled-a carrion flower (plant which, when in bloom, emits odor of decomposition) ?[/b][/color]
LINK —> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrion_flower No. Supposed to smell like dead people. Ewww!

Just for Fun:

If you buy bread products, is the “freshness date” stamped right on the bag, a plastic tag, a sticker, or another method ? I don't eat bread.

Today in History:
1930: Birth of actress & philanthropist Joanne Gignilliat Trimmier Woodward (The Three Faces of Eve)
1934: Birth of activist & author Ralph Nader
1940: Birth of actor Howard Hesseman (WKRP in Cincinnati, Head of the Class)
1940: Discovery by Sam Ruben & Martin Kamen of the radioactive isotope carbon-14
1942: Birth of journalist Charlayne Hunter-Gault (PBS NewsHour)
1951: Ratification (approval by 3/4 of the state legislatures) of the 22nd amendment to the U.S. Constitution, imposing presidential term limits
1966: Birth of actor Donal Logue (Grounded for Life, Terriers)
1983: Birth of actress Kate Mara (House of Cards)

Today’s Word:
disgruntled /ˌdisˈɡrən(t)ld/ (adj.): Angry, discontent. Grouchy, sullen, in a bad mood, resentful, incensed, outraged, indignant.

Today Is:
Anosmia Awareness Day (anosmia = loss of sense of smell)
International Polar Bear Day
National Cupcake Day (Canada)

Today’s Picture:
Entrance & exit are at center left-

Thought for the Day:
“I realized I had a choice-I could have a blog with comments and no posts, or a blog with posts and no comments.”
-Seth Godin

[/quote]

Old 02-27-2017, 06:54 AM

2,299 posts, read 1,445,818 times
Today’s Question:

I think so.

Do you have a thermometer outside your home-if so, can you see it from indoors ?

Yes.

Yes.

Extra Credit:

Yes, but in the past months comments sections have become so tedious with the cliche name calling. Even if it has absolutely nothing to do with politics; it can be an article about bran flakes and you can guarantee that it will be flooded with "Trumpettes", "libt@rds" (CD censored me), 'SJWs", "snowflakes", "alt-right", "alt-left", etc.

So free king over it. It's turning my brain to mush. If anyone accuses me of being immature, I just bring up crap like that.

If so-is that before, after, or instead of-viewing a video or reading an article (the content itself) ?

I at least partially skim or view first.

Bonus:

No, but I've heard of them.

Just for Fun:

Yes.

[color=DarkRed][b]If you buy bread products, is the “freshness date” stamped right on the bag, a plastic tag, a sticker, or another method ?

Either.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:24 AM

7,443 posts, read 5,544,692 times
Today’s Question:
Does your fridge have a thermometer inside (that you can read) ? No
Do you have a thermometer outside your home-if so, can you see it from indoors ? No
Does your vehicle have a thermometer readout inside, on/around dashboard area ? Yes

Extra Credit:
Do you ever skim the “comments section” of an online story/piece of content (for instance, at YouTube or Facebook) ? Sometimes.
If so-is that before, after, or instead of-viewing a video or reading an article (the content itself) ? Depends what the video or article is, I've done all three.

Bonus:
Have you ever seen-or smelled-a carrion flower (plant which, when in bloom, emits odor of decomposition) ? No [/b][/color]

Just for Fun:
yes, to close packages that don't have re-seal.
[color=DarkRed][b]If you buy bread products, is the “freshness date” stamped right on the bag, a plastic tag, a sticker, or another method ? No, I never look.

Old 02-27-2017, 08:13 AM
bjh

60,510 posts, read 30,639,589 times
Today’s Question:
One in the kitchen does. One in the utility room doesn't.
Yep and yep.
Not my truck. Our car does.

Extra Credit:
Every time. I won't read most news sites that don't have comments sections.
Any and all of those depending on my level of interest. If a news story is really familiar or simple, the comments can be more interesting than the story and give updates after the story is shelved by the news source. But usually I at least skim the article first. I might read comments before a vid to gauge whether it's worth my time.

Bonus:
Have you ever seen-or smelled-a carrion flower (plant which, when in bloom, emits odor of decomposition) ?

No, I'm happy to say. And I don't care to.

Just for Fun:

Garbage bags.

If you buy bread products, is the “freshness date” stamped right on the bag, a plastic tag, a sticker, or another method ?
Have seen all of those. The bread we use the most has it stamped on the plastic bag.

Today’s Word:

gruntled /
ɡrən(t)ld / (adj.): Happy, content. Cheerful, chipper, in a good mood, generous, elated, ecstatic, pleased.

And yours! Have a gruntled day!

Old 02-27-2017, 08:26 AM

15,443 posts, read 21,490,132 times
Today’s Question:
Does your fridge have a thermometer inside (that you can read) ? No, only the numbers 1 through 9.
Do you have a thermometer outside your home-if so, can you see it from indoors ? Yes. We have remote thermometers on each side of the house. I can see the temperature at the front and rear of the house from my PC desk.
Does your vehicle have a thermometer readout inside, on/around dashboard area ? In my old F150 there is only the gauge that reads the engine temperature and all it reads is C and H. My wife's minivan on the other hand has outside temperatures, gas mileages, directions, television controls and several other readouts that only a rocket scientist can understand.

Extra Credit:
Do you ever skim the “comments section” of an online story/piece of content (for instance, at YouTube or Facebook) ? Sometimes the comments are more entertaining than the video at YouTube.
If so-is that before, after, or instead of-viewing a video or reading an article (the content itself) ? All.

Bonus:
LINK —> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrion_flower I am aware of the plant groups but I don't recall ever smelling one.

Just for Fun:
Do you use “twist-ties” for anything ? Everyday.

Thanks for the entertainment on this cool Monday morning Cloven.

Old 02-27-2017, 08:47 AM

39,212 posts, read 23,189,070 times
Today’s Question:
Does your fridge have a thermometer inside (that you can read) ? No.
Do you have a thermometer outside your home-if so, can you see it from indoors ? No.
Does your vehicle have a thermometer readout inside, on/around dashboard area ? The dashboard clock has the option of turning it into a thermometer but I don't use it.

Extra Credit:
Do you ever skim the “comments section” of an online story/piece of content (for instance, at YouTube or Facebook) ? Yes, some of those can be rather entertaining.
If so-is that before, after, or instead of-viewing a video or reading an article (the content itself) ? Always after reading or viewing.

Bonus:
No.

Just for Fun:
Do you use “twist-ties” for anything ? No.

If you buy bread products, is the “freshness date” stamped right on the bag, a plastic tag, a sticker, or another method ? Usually it's on the bag itself.

Have a marvelous Monday and a great start to the new week!

Old 02-27-2017, 10:00 AM

4,054 posts, read 2,927,756 times
Today’s Question:
Does your fridge have a thermometer inside (that you can read)? Don't know and I just sat down with my first coffee of the day and don't want to get up to go look inside my fridge.

Do you have a thermometer outside your home-if so, can you see it from indoors ? I don't therefore I can't .

Does your vehicle have a thermometer readout inside, on/around dashboard area ? It does.

Do you ever skim the “comments section” of an online story/piece of content (for instance, at YouTube or Facebook) ? I do.

If so-is that before, after, or instead of-viewing a video or reading an article (the content itself) ? After.

Have you ever seen-or smelled-a carrion flower (plant which, when in bloom, emits odor of decomposition) ? I have -- totally, absolutely, completely disgusting!

Do you use “twist-ties” for anything ? The only things I use twisties on are on food that comes in bags with twisties.

If you buy bread products, is the “freshness date” stamped right on the bag, a plastic tag, a sticker, or another method ? I've never looked.

Thanks cloven -- happy day everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics