Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 06:04 AM

4,855 posts, read 3,665,005 times

Advertisements

Where do you want to go and what do you want to do? Home. Sleep.

~ Something that YOU bake on a cookie sheet/baking pan in the oven...besides cookies: Bacon

~ Have you noticed a dead or injured bird in the last month or two? yes

~ Do you have AAA road trip protection for you and your vehicle...or something similar? Yes

~ Do things get dusty in your home faster than you think they should? Yes.

~ Continental Breakfast. What would you expect to be offered? Bacon.

~ Any games that you have played on a hand-held gadget? Scrabble.

~ Choose ONE...for FREE!

Deluxe Towel Set

Bag of new socks

Kitchen dish towels (6) Yes

Box of 5 Cinnamon scented liquid dish soaps...with a FREE little Hippo statuette.

~ Your favorite kitchen appliance/tool/gadget: Vitamix

~ ~ Your most often used kitchen appliance/tool/gadget: Couple times a week

~ ~ ~ Your least often used kitchen appliance/tool/gadget: KitchenAid Mixer.

~ Congratulations! You have just won a FREE doormat! You'll be so proud and happy with this beautiful doormat! AND! You can receive it PERSONALIZED, just for you!

Please submit your personalized printed message here (34 letters/numbers maximum): Go Away

~ Last thing you had to eat: Eggs and sausage

~ Last song you heard:
Wouldn't It Be Nice by the Beach Boys (Pandora)

**** May all your garbage bags be sturdy and very nice! ****[/quote]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2017, 06:32 AM

2,292 posts, read 1,438,232 times
[quote=rainroosty;47302781]~ FREE visit to Florida for the weekend!

Where do you want to go and what do you want to do?

Miami, Disney, Orlando Eye. Gatorland I always thought sounded hokey and not all that interesting, but I watched a video about it not long ago and now I'd really like to visit.

~ Something that YOU bake on a cookie sheet/baking pan in the oven...besides cookies:

Chicken strips.

~ Have you noticed a dead or injured bird in the last month or two?

No.

~ Do you have AAA road trip protection for you and your vehicle...or something similar?

Similar.

~ Do things get dusty in your home faster than you think they should?

Some parts get dustier faster than others.

~ Continental Breakfast. What would you expect to be offered?

Dry cereal, rolls, fruit, etc. Sometimes hotels have those waffle makers.

~ Any games that you have played on a hand-held gadget?

I just played Solitaire the other day. Haven't been playing many games recently.

~ Choose ONE...for FREE!

Deluxe Towel Set

Bag of new socks <--- New socks feel good.

Kitchen dish towels (6)

Box of 5 Cinnamon scented liquid dish soaps...with a FREE little Hippo statuette.

I already have a hippo statuette outside. The squirrels like to drink out of its mouth.

~ Your favorite kitchen appliance/tool/gadget:

Garlic press.

~ ~ Your most often used kitchen appliance/tool/gadget:

A knife.

~ ~ ~ Your least often used kitchen appliance/tool/gadget:

An electric vegetable chopper. Just because I don't want to have to wash it after I dirty it up. I don't like many electric kitchen gadgets for that same reason.

~ Congratulations! You have just won a FREE doormat! You'll be so proud and happy with this beautiful doormat! AND! You can receive it PERSONALIZED, just for you!

Please submit your personalized printed message here (34 letters/numbers maximum):

Something original like "Welcome". Oh, and "Welcome" would be in quotation marks.

~ Last thing you had to eat:

Dry Cheerios. The breakfast of toddlers.

~ Last song you heard:

Polish Girl by Neon Indian:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMikr8PvqIY

Last edited by KimFreebish; 02-24-2017 at 06:51 AM..

Old 02-24-2017, 06:42 AM

7,392 posts, read 5,507,192 times
~ FREE visit to Florida for the weekend!

Where do you want to go and what do you want to do? DisneyWorld and go to a beach.

~ Something that YOU bake on a cookie sheet/baking pan in the oven...besides cookies: chicken strips

~ Have you noticed a dead or injured bird in the last month or two? Yes, there was one on our deck last week.

~ Do you have AAA road trip protection for you and your vehicle...or something similar? Yes

~ Do things get dusty in your home faster than you think they should? Yes

~ Continental Breakfast. What would you expect to be offered? Bacon, eggs, donuts.

~ Any games that you have played on a hand-held gadget? My iPad is hand held so Words With Friends

~ Choose ONE...for FREE!

Deluxe Towel Set

Bag of new socks

Kitchen dish towels (6)

~ Your favorite kitchen appliance/tool/gadget: my stove/oven

~ ~ Your most often used kitchen appliance/tool/gadget: microwave

~ ~ ~ Your least often used kitchen appliance/tool/gadget: stand mixer

Please submit your personalized printed message here (34 letters/numbers maximum): welcome

~ Last thing you had to eat: a cookie

~ Last song you heard: I was background music on a TV show, I didn't pay attention.

Old 02-24-2017, 06:51 AM

37,809 posts, read 41,107,845 times
FREE visit to Florida for the weekend!

Ding Darling NWR - photos

~ Something that YOU bake on a cookie sheet/baking pan in the oven...besides cookies:

little cocktail weiners

No but have been noticing less of some types of birds.

~ Do things get dusty in your home faster than you think they should? Never noticed.

~ Continental Breakfast. What would you expect to be offered? bagel/toast/roll and tea/juice

~ Any games that you have played on a hand-held gadget? No

~ Choose ONE...for FREE!

Deluxe Towel Set this one
Bag of new socks
Kitchen dish towels (6)

~ Your favorite kitchen appliance/tool/gadget: microwave

~ ~ Your most often used kitchen appliance/tool/gadget: refrigerator

~ ~ ~ Your least often used kitchen appliance/tool/gadget: Carving knife

~ Congratulations! You have just won a FREE doormat! You'll be so proud and happy with this beautiful doormat! AND! You can receive it PERSONALIZED, just for you! Please submit your personalized printed message here (34 letters/numbers maximum):

No doormats for me. They vacuum the outdoor breezeways in the apartment complex once a week and they power wash them every few months. You have to take your doormats inside if you have one. Gross. No doormat for me.

~ Last thing you had to eat: ice cream cone last night.

~ Last song you heard: This is a longer version...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz4-aEGvqQM

Last edited by LauraC; 02-24-2017 at 07:01 AM..

Old 02-24-2017, 07:15 AM

4,043 posts, read 2,916,257 times
~ FREE visit to Florida for the weekend! Where do you want to go and what do you want to do? The Keys please -- just want to explore. I'd visit some of Hemingway's haunts and walk along the shore.

~ Something that YOU bake on a cookie sheet/baking pan in the oven...besides cookies: Pizza, olive tapenade, biscuits, scones.

~ Have you noticed a dead or injured bird in the last month or two? I haven't.

~ Do you have AAA road trip protection for you and your vehicle...or something similar? I don't -- just regular car insurance that has a rental clause but no road-side assistance.

~ Do things get dusty in your home faster than you think they should? Yes -- the desert seems to find its way into the house pretty quickly after I think the place is dust-free.

~ Continental Breakfast. What would you expect to be offered? Real European style? Fresh fruit, bread, cold cuts, yoghurt, scrambled eggs, orange juice.

~ Any games that you have played on a hand-held gadget? Words with Friends, Juice Jam, Solitaire.

~ Choose ONE...for FREE!

Deluxe Towel Set

Bag of new socks
Kitchen dish towels (6)

~ Your favorite kitchen appliance/tool/gadget: Food processor.

~ ~ Your most often used kitchen appliance/tool/gadget: Microwave.

~ ~ ~ Your least often used kitchen appliance/tool/gadget: Hand-held beaters.

~ Congratulations! You have just won a FREE doormat! You'll be so proud and happy with this beautiful doormat! AND! You can receive it PERSONALIZED, just for you! Please submit your personalized printed message here (34 letters/numbers maximum): Wipe Your Feet!

~ Last thing you had to eat: Cereal -- a mixture of cornflakes and Great Grains Nuts & Raisins.

~ Last song you heard: Wallflower -- Diana Kroll, on my car MP3 playlist.

This was one of your most entertaining QOTDs Roosty -- I laughed out loud a couple of times. Thanks -- a wonderful way to start the day!

Old 02-24-2017, 07:25 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,723,681 times

Where do you want to go and what do you want to do? The Daytona 500 is this Sunday so will go there and might as well stop and see my aunt since she lives 10 minutes away from the race track.

~ Something that YOU bake on a cookie sheet/baking pan in the oven...besides cookies: Meatballs.

~ Have you noticed a dead or injured bird in the last month or two? Dead bird.

~ Do you have AAA road trip protection for you and your vehicle...or something similar? Nope.

~ Do things get dusty in your home faster than you think they should? Yes, especially since we live by a major highway.

~ Continental Breakfast. What would you expect to be offered? Fruits, Scrambled eggs, bacon, hash browns, bagels, cereals, coffee, tea, milk, juice.

~ Any games that you have played on a hand-held gadget? Solitaire.

~ Choose ONE...for FREE!

Deluxe Towel Set

Bag of new socks

Kitchen dish towels (6)

~ Your favorite kitchen appliance/tool/gadget: Microwave

~ ~ Your most often used kitchen appliance/tool/gadget:Refrigerator

~ ~ ~ Your least often used kitchen appliance/tool/gadget: Oven

Please submit your personalized printed message here (34 letters/numbers maximum): Did you call first?

~ Last thing you had to eat: A banana

~ Last song you heard: " Can't You See" by Marshall Tucker Band.

Have a good day, everyone.

Old 02-24-2017, 08:08 AM
bjh

60,172 posts, read 30,486,746 times

To the beach to walk along the shore and beachcomb then stop somewhere and have fried
shrimp and a Coke with shaved ice. Then have a chauffeur driven limo ride back to the luxury hotel.

Biscuits

Every bird I've seen has been a-okay.

~ Do you have AAA road trip protection for you and your vehicle...or something similar?
We have road service.

Not too fast.

Not enough food and no protein. Orange juice and maybe another kind of juice, fruit like
apples, oranges and bananas, and some kind of bread, maybe donuts.

Tetris

~ Choose ONE...for FREE!
Deluxe Towel Set

I like our long handle tea spoons. I'm easily pleased. When it comes to kitchenalia anyway.

Toaster oven.

Olive spoons with tiny drain holes for the juice. Useful for any small roundish foods in a
container with juice, like maraschino cherries, pearl onions, etc. I don't know where the Mrs
got ours, but here's the kind of thing: Olive Spoon - Stainless Steel

Please submit your personalized printed message here (34 letters/numbers maximum):
Warning you are standing on a trap door.

~ Last thing you had to eat:
Tomato wedge.

~ Last song you heard:
Always Something There to Remind Me

**** May all your garbage bags be sturdy and very nice! ****

And yours! And may the city pick them up timely and deliver them to the appropriate landfill.

Old 02-24-2017, 08:18 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,406,494 times

Where do you want to go and what do you want to do? Take me to Jacksonville. I'll visit my brother and his wife for the weekend.

~ Something that YOU bake on a cookie sheet/baking pan in the oven...besides cookies: This morning I baked biscuits and sausage on a cookie sheet.

~ Have you noticed a dead or injured bird in the last month or two? No.

~ Do you have AAA road trip protection for you and your vehicle...or something similar? Yes. I carry a well stocked toolbox and a cell phone.

~ Do things get dusty in your home faster than you think they should? No but if we had traffic, you couldn't live out here where dust can get inside a lightbulb.

~ Continental Breakfast. What would you expect to be offered? Orange juice, coffee and toasted rolls.

~ Any games that you have played on a hand-held gadget? No.

~ Choose ONE...for FREE!

Deluxe Towel Set

Bag of new socks

Kitchen dish towels (6)

~ Your favorite kitchen appliance/tool/gadget: Spatula.

~ ~ Your most often used kitchen appliance/tool/gadget: Spatula.

~ ~ ~ Your least often used kitchen appliance/tool/gadget: Flour sifter.

Please submit your personalized printed message here (34 letters/numbers maximum): Welcome or Bienvenido

~ Last thing you had to eat: Split biscuits with sausage.

~ Last song you heard: That would be one of the "rain" songs we were posting last night in the thread called "What song do you have stuck in your head right now? - Part 3"

The weekend is here. Good job RR.

Old 02-24-2017, 08:28 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,873,751 times

Where do you want to go and what do you want to do? I will go to Winter Park to visit my aunt and then to a quiet beach to put my feet in the water. Haven't seen the ocean or walked the beach since last August; I miss it.

~ Something that YOU bake on a cookie sheet/baking pan in the oven...besides cookies: Last was when I tried roasting brussel sprouts.

~ Have you noticed a dead or injured bird in the last month or two? VINS came to school and released a bard owl. The poor thing flew into the school building but didn't hurt itself badly. Beautiful bird.

~ Do you have AAA road trip protection for you and your vehicle...or something similar? Subaru has free roadside assistance

~ Do things get dusty in your home faster than you think they should? Don't & you'd think living on a dirt road things would get dusty. I guess the house sits far enough off the road.

~ Continental Breakfast. What would you expect to be offered? Pastries, juice, coffee

~ Any games that you have played on a hand-held gadget? None.....

~ Choose ONE...for FREE!

Deluxe Towel Set

Bag of new socks....... If they are Smartwool socks

Kitchen dish towels (6)

~ Your favorite kitchen appliance/tool/gadget: Sharp knives

~ ~ Your most often used kitchen appliance/tool/gadget: Cutting boards and knives

~ ~ ~ Your least often used kitchen appliance/tool/gadget: Juicer

Please submit your personalized printed message here (34 letters/numbers maximum): Can I have animals on it rather than words?

~ Last thing you had to eat: Chocolate chip cookie

~ Last song you heard: I went to a play with a friend last night and there was some music. Songs I knew from the '60s, but can't remember now what they were.

**** May all your garbage bags be sturdy and very nice! **** Thanks, roosty!

Old 02-24-2017, 08:29 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,240,016 times
[quote=rainroosty;47302781]~ FREE visit to Florida for the weekend!

Back home.

My oven has never been turned on in the ten years I have lived in this apartment.

A number of poisoned pigeons from building infested with nesting pigeons.

No.

Oh, yes!

Well, I live on the continent and my breakfast if a toasted croissant and a glass of foamy, milky coffee.

Some questions are just too personal to answer.

~ Choose ONE...for FREE!

Deluxe Towel Set

Bag of new socks But only if they are rag wool.

Kitchen dish towels (6)

clothes washer

Refrigerator, I guess.

A juicer

No Religious Proselytizers Welcome!

~ Last thing you had to eat: A native cassarole of diced codfish, potatoes and onions.

~ Last song you heard: Róisín Dubh by Mouth Music.

**** May all your garbage bags be sturdy and very nice! ****

They are, and they are also sapphire blue...very purdy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics