Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 09:49 PM

1,906 posts, read 1,624,039 times

Advertisements

Mornin' all!

Record-setting high temps predicted for today; now they're saying 75°! It will all fall apart by the weekend though...

Anyway, I hope today's Qs find you ready to tackle the things you must do. But before that, pause for a moment and relax with the following...

Today's Question(s):
If you have quiet moments, when you can be alone with your own thoughts, even if it's just as you're falling asleep, where do your thoughts wander (keep it clean please )?

Bonus Question(s):
Where is the friendliest place you have ever been? How was that friendliness expressed to you by others?

Just For Fun:
If you ever eat pancakes, how do you like them:
light & fluffy?
golden brown?
a little darker than golden brown?
with crispy edges?
other?
What do you put on top of them?

Today in History:
Arts/Entertainment: 1968 Rock group Genesis release their 1st record "Silent Sun"
Birthday: 1788 Arthur Schopenhauer, German philosopher (d. Sept 21 1860)
Science: 1835 HMS Beagle and Charles Darwin leave Valdivia Chile
Sports: 2014 Norwegian cross-country skier Marit Bjoergen set a new record for the highest number of Olympic medals awarded to a female Winter Olympics athlete after her gold medal at Sochi; Bjoergen has won ten Olympic medals over to date, including six golds

Today’s Word:
copacetic or copasetic
Pronunciation: (ko-puh-SE-tik)
Meaning: adjective: Excellent; satisfactory; OK.
Etymology: Of obscure origin. Competing theories attribute its origin to Black English, Louisiana French, Italian, Yiddish, and Hebrew, but evidence is lacking.
Earliest documented use: 1919.

Today is:
Be Humble Day
Cook A Sweet Potato Day
Inconvenience Yourself Day
Margarita Day
Pink Day
Single Tasking Day
Walking The Dog Day
World Thinking Day
World Yoga Day

Quote of the Day:
"Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer ~

Thanx everyone! Have a good day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2017, 09:56 PM

7,448 posts, read 5,553,817 times
Mornin' all!

Record-setting high temps predicted for today; now they're saying 75°! It will all fall apart by the weekend though...

Anyway, I hope today's Qs find you ready to tackle the things you must do. But before that, pause for a moment and relax with the following...

Today's Question(s):
If you have quiet moments, when you can be alone with your own thoughts, even if it's just as you're falling asleep, where do your thoughts wander (keep it clean please )? usually thinking about everything I have to do the next day.

Bonus Question(s):
Where is the friendliest place you have ever been? How was that friendliness expressed to you by others? DisneyWorld

Just For Fun:
light & fluffy?
golden brown?
with crispy edges?
other?
What do you put on top of them? lots of butter and syrup

Old 02-21-2017, 09:59 PM

31,304 posts, read 33,047,440 times
Mornin' all!

Today's Question(s):
If you have quiet moments, when you can be alone with your own thoughts, even if it's just as you're falling asleep, where do your thoughts wander (keep it clean please )? They usually get lost and I can't find them...............................

Bonus Question(s):
Where is the friendliest place you have ever been? How was that friendliness expressed to you by others? France - the small town people were interested in Americans and some of our ways of life.

Just For Fun:
light & fluffy?
golden brown?
a little darker than golden brown? <<<<---------------
with crispy edges?
other?
What do you put on top of them? I enjoy just putting fruit jam on them

Today in History:
Arts/Entertainment: 1968 Rock group Genesis release their 1st record "Silent Sun"
Sports: 2014 Norwegian cross-country skier Marit Bjoergen set a new record for the highest number of Olympic medals awarded to a female Winter Olympics athlete after her gold medal at Sochi; Bjoergen has won ten Olympic medals over to date, including six golds

Today’s Word:
copacetic or copasetic
Etymology: Of obscure origin. Competing theories attribute its origin to Black English, Louisiana French, Italian, Yiddish, and Hebrew, but evidence is lacking.

Today is:
Be Humble Day
Cook A Sweet Potato Day
Margarita Day
Pink Day
Single Tasking Day
Walking The Dog Day
World Thinking Day
World Yoga Day

Quote of the Day:
"Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer ~

Old 02-21-2017, 10:14 PM

114,838 posts, read 66,251,106 times

Mornin' all!

Today's Question(s):
If you have quiet moments, when you can be alone with your own thoughts, even if it's just as you're falling asleep, where do your thoughts wander (keep it clean please )?
Hmmh.... my next project.
Bonus Question(s):
Where is the friendliest place you have ever been? How was that friendliness expressed to you by others?
As far as just people in general, I'd say people here are probably friendly as any. Politeness and friendliness.

Just For Fun:
light & fluffy?
golden brown?
with crispy edges?
other?
What do you put on top of them? Butter and syrup.

Today in History:

Today’s Word:
copacetic or copasetic

Today is:
Be Humble Day
Cook A Sweet Potato Day
Margarita Day
Pink Day
Single Tasking Day
Walking The Dog Day
World Thinking Day
World Yoga Day

Quote of the Day:

Thanks PatsCats! Nice job!

Last edited by SATX56; 02-21-2017 at 10:28 PM..

Old 02-21-2017, 10:25 PM

44,757 posts, read 62,145,227 times
Mornin' all!

Record-setting high temps predicted for today; now they're saying 75°! It will all fall apart by the weekend though...We got to 79F this afternoon, it was 76F at 8pm when we got back home from dinner out. Spring has sprung.

Today's Question(s):
If you have quiet moments, when you can be alone with your own thoughts, even if it's just as you're falling asleep, where do your thoughts wander (keep it clean please )? Into never never land. Sometimes when I wake up I don't even know where I am.

Bonus Question(s):
Where is the friendliest place you have ever been? Disneyland.
How was that friendliness expressed to you by others? By not yelling at me when I cut in line, many people even raised a finger to let me know I was #1.

Just For Fun:
light & fluffy? This.
golden brown?
with crispy edges?
other?
What do you put on top of them? Butter and maple syrup, though sometimes I use orange marmalade instead of syrup.

Old 02-21-2017, 11:53 PM

39,245 posts, read 23,235,816 times
Today's Question(s):
If you have quiet moments, when you can be alone with your own thoughts, even if it's just as you're falling asleep, where do your thoughts wander (keep it clean please )? I'm usually concentrating on falling asleep. Sometimes I reflect back on what happened during the day and focus on the positive events.

Bonus Question(s):
Where is the friendliest place you have ever been? Omaha, Nebraska. How was that friendliness expressed to you by others? It's been over 20 years since I last visited, but one time I was sitting on a bench in a parking lot waiting for my friend to come pick me up. While I was waiting, quite a number of people were walking by, either saying "hello" or "good morning." I thought that was very nice, considering people here don't do that. Hopefully, Omaha people are still just as friendly and neighborly as they were the last time I was there.

Just For Fun:
light & fluffy? <--This
golden brown? <--Or this
with crispy edges?
other?
What do you put on top of them? REAL butter and REAL maple syrup.

Happy Hump Day!

Old 02-22-2017, 12:40 AM

8,009 posts, read 5,461,763 times
Good Morning

If you have quiet moments, when you can be alone with your own thoughts, even if it's just as you're falling asleep, where do your thoughts wander (keep it clean please )? I worry about my sons, I worry about getting older

Bonus Question(s):
Where is the friendliest place you have ever been? How was that friendliness expressed to you by others? I think most places I go are friendly, I think I am more taken aback when a place/people are not friendly.

light & fluffy?
golden brown?
with crispy edges?
other?
What do you put on top of them? Maple syrup

Be Humble Day
Cook A Sweet Potato Day
Margarita Day
Pink Day
Single Tasking Day
Walking The Dog Day Miss this task
World Thinking Day
World Yoga Day

Wishing you a super duper day!

Old 02-22-2017, 03:41 AM

13,495 posts, read 18,332,416 times
[quote=PatsCats;47278160]
Mornin' all!

Reached low sixties yesterday with nice sun, and there are a string of days predicted to be the same.

Today's Question(s):

About the only time my thoughts consistently go back to the past are when I go to bed and listen to my iPod before falling asleep...though this has only begun to happen in the past couple of months. Oddly, my thoughts are usually about people I knew casually, or sometimes about friends, almost never about extended family...though sometimes about school days and our village. I think my mind edits out any parental recollections because they were such difficult people. Otherwise, if I ruminate it is more likely to be about topics that I am reading.

Bonus Question(s):

I went to Ireland for the first time in 1966, long before the prosperity of the Celtic Tiger days. The country was much, much different then. Almost anyone would stop and talk with you as if they had known you forever and no one was in a hurry. My time there that year remains my fondest memory.

Just For Fun:
light & fluffy?
golden brown?
with crispy edges?
other?
What do you put on top of them? maple syrup

Today in History:

Today’s Word: First heard this when I was very young...and I was quite taken by it. "Is everything copasetic?" seemed like a magical question.
copacetic or copasetic

Today is:
Be Humble Day
Cook A Sweet Potato Day
Margarita Day
Pink Day
Single Tasking Day
Walking The Dog Day
World Thinking Day
World Yoga Day

Quote of the Day:
"Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer ~ An old cousin once said, "A man spends most of his days looking at the backside of his own (jack)ass."

Thank you.

Old 02-22-2017, 03:50 AM

18,968 posts, read 11,682,252 times
Today's Question(s):
If you have quiet moments, when you can be alone with your own thoughts, even if it's just as you're falling asleep, where do your thoughts wander (keep it clean please )?recently as I'm falling asleep I've been thinking about hand-lettering fonts. This is interesting to me but neutral enough that it doesn't rile my brain too much - I still can fall asleep

Bonus Question(s):
Where is the friendliest place you have ever been? How was that friendliness expressed to you by others?right here at CD Other Topics is one of the friendliest places I've ever been! It was years ago but I still remember how warm, welcoming, and helpful so many of the regular posters were. Really made me feel part of everything - thanks again guys! (And they all continue to be a great bunch of people to post with)

Just For Fun:
light & fluffy?
golden brown?
with crispy edges?i like them all these ways but rarely gave them with crispy edges. Cracker Barrel makes amazing crispy edged pancakes!
other?
What do you put on top of them?i like an egg over easy on one, and fake maple syrup on the other (with a side of crispy strip bacon)

Today’s Word:
copacetic or copasetic my mom taught me this word and we've been using it for years. She said it was from hotel robbers who would give the all clear to each other if the "cop is on the settee" - meaning the cops were just lounging and not paying attention. So, that's the story I'm stickin with!

Quote of the Day:
"Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer ~ oh gosh - especially for some people

[b]Thanx everyone! Have a good day! thanks Pats!

Old 02-22-2017, 05:00 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,879,076 times
Mornin' all!

Record-setting high temps predicted for today; now they're saying 75°! It will all fall apart by the weekend though... Predicted to be in the 50s for the next several days here. Feels good, but I worry.....

Today's Question(s):
If you have quiet moments, when you can be alone with your own thoughts, even if it's just as you're falling asleep, where do your thoughts wander (keep it clean please )? Living by myself, I have a lot of time to be alone with my thoughts. I read before falling asleep, so my thoughts are usually about the book. It's when I wake up in the middle of the night that they run amok.

Bonus Question(s):
Where is the friendliest place you have ever been? How was that friendliness expressed to you by others? The first place thought of is the HOP when I usher for gospel choir or the Revels. Everyone comes in smiling, lots of chit-chat and banter. I love when many dance and sing together.

Just For Fun:
light & fluffy?
golden brown?
with crispy edges?
other?
What do you put on top of them? Butter, Maple syrup and fruit

Today’s Word: My dad used this word.
copacetic or copasetic

Today is:
Be Humble Day
Cook A Sweet Potato Day
Margarita Day
Pink Day
Single Tasking Day
Walking The Dog Day
World Thinking Day
World Yoga Day

Quote of the Day:
"Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer ~ Some more than others

Thanx everyone! Have a good day! Thanks, PatsCats!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics