Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 08:15 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,877,050 times

Advertisements

Today’s Questions:

Name something that you’re picky about, and explain why. I'm picky about being on time, my being on time and others. I think it's disrespectful to be late..... Making someone else wait means your time is more important than their's.
I'm picky about the paperwork I do for school. Documents need to be clear to parents.

Name something that you are easygoing about, and explain why. Oh, hm. I guess others lives.... Live and let live. I don't get involved in other people's drama or how they choose to live their lives.

Name something you are passionate about, and explain why. Teaching..... self explanatory, I think. One mom said in a meeting last week that her daughter is finally, as a fifth grader, becoming interested in reading. Yes! That's what I want for the kids I work with.... Help them gain confidence and enjoy learning.

Name something that you couldn’t care less about, and explain why. Using social media. I just don't have a need to know what others are doing every minute of the day.

Quote of the Day:
“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.”
- Abraham Lincoln

Thanks, Bay! The snow hasn't started yet, but it's predicted we'll have up to another foot of snow by tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2017, 08:28 AM

15,443 posts, read 21,496,143 times
Welcome to the Question of the Day for Sunday, February 12, 2017. If your birthday is today, you were born under the sign of Aquarius. Some famous people who share your birthday are Abraham Lincoln, Charles Darwin, filmmaker Franco Zeffirelli, basketball legend Bill Russell, author Judy Blume. talk show host Arsenio Hall, rockers Ray Manzarek (The Doors), Michael McDonald (The Doobie Brothers), Chynna Phillips (Wilson Phillips) and Jim Creeggan (Barenaked Ladies); actors Joe Don Baker and Josh Brolin; and actress Christina Ricci. Also Moe Bandy, 1980s country singer was born in Meridian, Mississippi in 1944 on this day. Happy Birthday to all.

Today’s Questions:

Name something that you’re picky about, and explain why. I do like a clean vehicle. It's not fun to have a coke can roll under your brake pedal out on the interstate.

Name something that you are easygoing about, and explain why. I'm probably a bit too easy going about seat belts in my F150 because they are hard to find after you sit down.

Name something you are passionate about, and explain why. My wife. She's a very special lady.

Name something that you couldn’t care less about, and explain why. Torch and pitchfork mobs destroying their own communities and campuses. It's a channel changer for me due to the self-destructive lunacy involved.

Today in History
1541 - The city of Santiago, Chile is founded. A beautiful city.

We finished installing the new brakes on my wife's minivan yesterday in about an hour and she is now headed back to the Duke City before the snow arrives.

I hope this day finds you well BayArea. Good questions for this windy west Texas Sunday.

Old 02-12-2017, 08:37 AM

24,685 posts, read 26,256,936 times
Today’s Questions:

Name something that you’re picky about, and explain why.
Ever since I was a kid and had my 1st paper route the feel of news print has driven me nuts and still does to this day. Gotta wash my hands. Regular paper, no problem.

Name something that you are easygoing about, and explain why.
Life in general, roll with the flow, pick up gust off and move on.

Name something you are passionate about, and explain why.
The Super Chief, she is pretty much my heart and soul.

Name something that you couldn’t care less about, and explain why.
What entertainment celebrities are doing.

Thanx BayArea4.

Old 02-12-2017, 09:05 AM

8,003 posts, read 5,454,126 times
I don't participate in Pot Lucks at work--I just don't know peoples' standards of cleanliness or their standards of quality food.
People who don't get my crazy work schedule and still call me when I am sound asleep. Why, because I am aware I have quite the different schedule of most people. I am not the norm.
Children--they should be treated well and respected. As a society we need to take care of those children that are less fortunate.
What color you are, where you are from or whom you love--I just care whether you are a nice person and are kind.

Wishing you a super duper day!

Old 02-12-2017, 09:23 AM

4,866 posts, read 3,693,515 times
Today’s Questions:

Name something that you’re picky about, and explain why. Clothes. I hate cheap clothes, poorly made.

Name something that you are easygoing about, and explain why. How clean my house is. Dog hair ugh

Name something you are passionate about, and explain why. My ketogenic diet.

Name something that you couldn’t care less about, and explain why. What people think of me. I mean, why would I care?

Today in History
1541 - The city of Santiago, Chile is founded.
1554 - Lady Jane Grey is beheaded after being charged with treason. She had claimed the throne of England for only nine days.
1733 - Savannah, GA, is founded by English colonist James Oglethorpe.
1870 - In the Utah Territory, women gain the right to vote.
1878 - Frederick W. Thayer patents the baseball catcher’s mask.
1879 - The first artificial ice rink opens in North America. It is at Madison Square Garden in New York City, NY.
1880 - The National Croquet League is organized in Philadelphia,
PA.
1892 - In the U.S., President Lincoln's birthday is declared to be a national holiday.
1907 - A collision of the steamer Larchmont and a schooler results in the death of more than 300 people. The incident occurs off New England's Block Island.
1909 - The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) is founded.
1912 - China's boy emperor Hsuan T'ung announces that he was abdicating, ending the Manchu Ch'ing dynasty. Subsequently, the Republic of China is established.
1915 - The cornerstone of the Lincoln Memorial is laid in Washington, DC.
1918 - All theaters in New York City are shut down in an effort to conserve coal.
1924 - U.S. President Calvin Coolidge makes the first presidential political speech on radio.
1924 - "The Eveready Hour" becomes radio’s first sponsored network program. The National Carbon Company is the first sponsor of a network show.
1934 - The Export-Import Bank is incorporated.
1940 - Mutual Radio presents the first broadcast of the radio play "The Adventures of Superman."
1968 - Soul on Ice by Eldridge Cleaver is published for the first time.
1971 - James Cash (J.C.) Penney dies at the age of 95. The company closes for business for one-half day as a memorial to the company's founder.
1973 - The State of Ohio goes metric, becoming the first in the U.S. to post metric distance signs.
1973 - American prisoners of war are released for the first time during the Vietnam conflict.
1985 - Johnny Carson surprises his audience by shaving the beard he had been wearing on "The Tonight Show."
1993 - In Liverpool, England, a 2-year-old boy, James Bulger, is lured away from his mother at a shopping mall and beaten to death. Two ten-year-old boys are responsible.
1998 - A U.S. federal judge declares that the presidential line-item veto is unconstitutional.
1999 - U.S. President Clinton is acquitted by the U.S. Senate on two impeachment articles. The charges are perjury and obstruction of justice.
2001 - The space probe NEAR lands on the asteroid Eros. It is the first time that any craft had landed on a small space rock.
2002 - Kenneth Lay, former Enron CEO, exercises his constitutional rights and refuses to testify to the U.S. Congress about the collapse of Enron.
2002 - The trial of former Yugoslav President Slobodan Milosevic begins at the U.N. tribunal in The Hague. Milosevic is accused of war crimes during the Balkan wars of the 1990s.
2002 - Pakistan charges three men in connection with the kidnapping of Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl in Karachi.
2002 - Princess Stephanie of Monaco and Franco Knie win a defamation-of-character lawsuit against the Swiss magazine Facts. The case involves a photomontage created by the magazine.
2003 - The U.N. nuclear agency declares North Korea in violation of international treaties. The complaint is sent to the Security Council.
2004 - Mattel announces that "Barbie" and "Ken" are breaking up. The dolls had met on the set of their first television commercial together in 1961.
2013 - North Korea conducts its third underground nuclear test.

Word of the Day:
springe noun /sprinj/
A noose or snare for catching small game.

Quote of the Day:
“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.”
- Abraham Lincoln

Today is:
Lincoln’s Birthday
NAACP Day
Oglethorpe Day
Paul Bunyan Day
Safetypup Day
World Marriage Day[/quote]

Old 02-12-2017, 10:44 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,531,783 times
Today’s Questions:

I have become less picky as I age but I do have some quirks. I like to clean top to bottom and I paint, vacuum, etc. from my left to my right.

Messes in the kitchen, messes with kids, and messes during construction. It will all get cleaned up when we are finished.

Learning about different people, cultures and groups to be more emphatic and understanding. I hate when people stereotype others. Learn more!!!

How much someone makes, how big their house is, what they drive….actually I just don't care about status symbols. Why? I don't think it makes a person and I think most of them are rip offs

Happy Sunday!!

Old 02-12-2017, 11:12 AM

126,522 posts, read 19,268,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
Welcome to the Question of the Day for Sunday, February 12, 2017. If your birthday is today, you were born under the sign of Aquarius. Some famous people who share your birthday are Abraham Lincoln, Charles Darwin, filmmaker Franco Zeffirelli, basketball legend Bill Russell, author Judy Blume. talk show host Arsenio Hall, rockers Ray Manzarek (The Doors), Michael McDonald (The Doobie Brothers), Chynna Phillips (Wilson Phillips) and Jim Creeggan (Barenaked Ladies); actors Joe Don Baker and Josh Brolin; and actress Christina Ricci.

Today’s Questions:

Name something that you’re picky about, and explain why.....I DO NOT like fancy food that has been touched to make it look pretty

Name something that you are easygoing about, and explain why......MY BOOKS they do not have to be organized in alphabetical order

Name something you are passionate about, and explain why....I LOVE music,art and baking,maybe because it was introduced to me by my grandmother ..there are many more things I am passionate about but that would be too much to write here....

Name something that you couldn’t care less about, and explain why......Eating out in a restaurant just does not interest me anymore.

Today in History
1541 - The city of Santiago, Chile is founded.
1554 - Lady Jane Grey is beheaded after being charged with treason. She had claimed the throne of England for only nine days.
1733 - Savannah, GA, is founded by English colonist James Oglethorpe.
1870 - In the Utah Territory, women gain the right to vote.
1878 - Frederick W. Thayer patents the baseball catcher’s mask.
1879 - The first artificial ice rink opens in North America. It is at Madison Square Garden in New York City, NY.
1880 - The National Croquet League is organized in Philadelphia,
PA.
1892 - In the U.S., President Lincoln's birthday is declared to be a national holiday.
1907 - A collision of the steamer Larchmont and a schooler results in the death of more than 300 people. The incident occurs off New England's Block Island.
1909 - The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) is founded.
1912 - China's boy emperor Hsuan T'ung announces that he was abdicating, ending the Manchu Ch'ing dynasty. Subsequently, the Republic of China is established.
1915 - The cornerstone of the Lincoln Memorial is laid in Washington, DC.
1918 - All theaters in New York City are shut down in an effort to conserve coal.
1924 - U.S. President Calvin Coolidge makes the first presidential political speech on radio.
1924 - "The Eveready Hour" becomes radio’s first sponsored network program. The National Carbon Company is the first sponsor of a network show.
1934 - The Export-Import Bank is incorporated.
1940 - Mutual Radio presents the first broadcast of the radio play "The Adventures of Superman."
1968 - Soul on Ice by Eldridge Cleaver is published for the first time.
1971 - James Cash (J.C.) Penney dies at the age of 95. The company closes for business for one-half day as a memorial to the company's founder.
1973 - The State of Ohio goes metric, becoming the first in the U.S. to post metric distance signs.
1973 - American prisoners of war are released for the first time during the Vietnam conflict.
1985 - Johnny Carson surprises his audience by shaving the beard he had been wearing on "The Tonight Show."
1993 - In Liverpool, England, a 2-year-old boy, James Bulger, is lured away from his mother at a shopping mall and beaten to death. Two ten-year-old boys are responsible.
1998 - A U.S. federal judge declares that the presidential line-item veto is unconstitutional.
1999 - U.S. President Clinton is acquitted by the U.S. Senate on two impeachment articles. The charges are perjury and obstruction of justice.
2001 - The space probe NEAR lands on the asteroid Eros. It is the first time that any craft had landed on a small space rock.
2002 - Kenneth Lay, former Enron CEO, exercises his constitutional rights and refuses to testify to the U.S. Congress about the collapse of Enron.
2002 - The trial of former Yugoslav President Slobodan Milosevic begins at the U.N. tribunal in The Hague. Milosevic is accused of war crimes during the Balkan wars of the 1990s.
2002 - Pakistan charges three men in connection with the kidnapping of Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl in Karachi.
2002 - Princess Stephanie of Monaco and Franco Knie win a defamation-of-character lawsuit against the Swiss magazine Facts. The case involves a photomontage created by the magazine.
2003 - The U.N. nuclear agency declares North Korea in violation of international treaties. The complaint is sent to the Security Council.
2004 - Mattel announces that "Barbie" and "Ken" are breaking up. The dolls had met on the set of their first television commercial together in 1961.
2013 - North Korea conducts its third underground nuclear test.

Word of the Day:
springe noun /sprinj/
A noose or snare for catching small game.

Quote of the Day:
- Abraham Lincoln

Today is:
Lincoln’s Birthday
NAACP Day
Oglethorpe Day
Paul Bunyan Day
Safetypup Day
World Marriage Day
THANK YOU Bayarea

Old 02-12-2017, 11:26 AM

19,989 posts, read 30,461,696 times

im picky about table manners.... i dont care if you are poor, or uneducated,,,,,,doesnt mean you have to sound like a dog while eating

people making mistakes but with good intentions,,,,when their heart is bigger than their common sense

people not applying themselves.....theyve either given up , settled or never tapped into their own strengths...
we need more coaches and mentors in life,,,,,not cops..

as someone else said rap music..... maybe because i like classic rock so much,,,, its like peas,,,ive tried to like them at one time but cant..

Old 02-12-2017, 12:10 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,718,893 times
Today’s Questions:

Slow drivers in the passing lanes of multi lane roadways.

Speeders, I am not a traffic cop.

Honesty in news programs.

FaceBook because it has taken over the World.

Old 02-12-2017, 12:19 PM

11,446 posts, read 9,393,489 times
Today’s Questions:

- It's a tie - Food because I spent too many of my early years (including childhood) eating unhealthy. I feel good and want that to continue.

Letting people into my life because I have been disappointed so many times. I'd rather be alone than be around people I do not want to be around.

Name something that you are easygoing about, and explain why. - Most everything. Life is short...

Can't think of any answers or if I did they would be too unpopular.

Thanks, Bay,
Happy Sunday!

Last edited by John13; 02-12-2017 at 12:42 PM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics