Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 08:09 PM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,387,255 times

Advertisements

Today's Fear-of-Heights Questions:
Last reason you climbed a ladder or stepstool? Putting car wax on our pool cage. Trying to keep it from looking like crap so basically it is a preventative measure.

Can you name any kind(s) of tree you've climbed? Apple

If you could take free airplane or helicopter flying lessons, would you? Nope. I don't mind being a rider, I just don't want to be the pilot.

Have you ridden in an elevated cable car or on a ski lift, and if so, where? Yes. In Jamaica we took a ski lift to get to where we go to do the zip line. That was a blast!

Have you ever been on a rooftop, and if so, why? Yes, cleaning gutters.

Do you know which famous band filmed its last public performance on a London rooftop in 1969?
(until police responded to noise complaints ) The Beatles

Can you think of other high places that might cause a feeling of butterflies in the stomach? Grand Canyon for sure!

A Taxing Section:
Okay, so did you receive all your tax documents for this year's filing yet or are you still waiting? Yes

Win, lose or draw. Last time did you get a tax refund, owe, or neither? We always owe. Hubby has a side business and we always owe something.

Foodie and Bevvie Qs:
What sauce or dressing or other semi-liquid condiment do you slather on a burger:
(check as many as could apply)
-BBQ sauce?
-Mustard?
-Mayo?
-Nothing at all?
-Ketchup?
-Other?

Have you seen the freestyle soda machines in restaurants
where you can mix and match flavorings with all kinds of sodas? Nope, can't say that I have.

Just for fun:
If going on a nature hike or schlepping a laptop around, or carrying a lunch . . .
Did/do you own a backpack, satchel, rucksack, computer bag, tote bag or similar? Black leather back pack. Red computer/carry on case. Largish black purse.

-If so, what color(s)? Oops already answered the color ^^

-Anything inside one now? In the back pack: mosquito spray; computer case: Sudoku books; purse...too much stuff to list.

-Last place you carried any such? My purse to my MIL's house

First Published on This Day:
1826 James Fennimore Cooper's novel "The Last of the Mohicans"

Today Includes:
Barber Day
Homemade Soup Day
Ice Cream For Breakfast Day
USO Day

Today's Quote:
"When eating fruit, think of the person who planted the tree."
~Vietnamese Proverb

Today’s Word:
schlep(p) or shlep(p) [shlep] verb, schlepped, schlepping
1. Slang. to carry or lug, perhaps inconveniently
ex. to schlep an umbrella on a sunny day
2.to move slowly, awkwardly, or tediously
ex. He schlepped up five flights of stairs to reach his apartment.
Origin: Yiddish "shlepn" to pull, drag, or trudge

Today's Picture:
Harbor seals and gulls in Bodega Bay, California.

Made freely available on flickr by David Sifry

Have a good weekend!

Thank you! Have a great weekend
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2017, 09:59 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,075,392 times
High, as in that feeling of getting off the ground with . . .

Last reason you climbed a ladder or stepstool?
Today to put away a casserole dish on a high shelf.

Can you name any kind(s) of tree you've climbed?
I have a large Maple in the back that had a hanging large limb due to a storm (last summer). I had to climb up with my saw and cut the little bit that kept it from coming down.I was a tom boy when young so I climbed lots of trees.

If you could take free
airplane or helicopter flying lessons, would you? I would take the lessons - not sure I would ever actually fly a plane. I dated a guy that had a plane that landed on water and we'd go up and then he'd say "OK, its all yours" as he raised his hands up so I guess I have actually flown a plane but never landed one (I sat directly behind him). His family has several planes.

Have you ridden in an elevated cable car or on a ski lift, and if so, where?
MN & CO

Have you ever been on a rooftop, and if so, why?
NO no, no

Do you know which famous band filmed its last public performance on a London rooftop in 1969?
(until police responded to noise complaints )
I'll bet it was the Beatles

Can you think of other high places that might cause a feeling of butterflies in the stomach?
I would get the willies (OK you British people) just sitting next to the wall of glass 20 stories up at my former company

A Taxing Section:
Okay, so did you receive all your tax documents for this year's filing yet or are you still waiting?
Still waiting - just got a note from my brokerage company that they will be here soon.

Win, lose or draw. Last time did you get a tax refund, owe, or neither?
Fed - received refund; State - had to pay a small amount (MN has the 4th highest tax burden in the country)

Foodie and Bevvie Qs:
What sauce or dressing or other semi-liquid condiment do you slather on a burger:
-BBQ sauce?
-Mustard?
-Mayo?
-Nothing at all?
-Ketchup?
-Other?

where you can mix and match flavorings with all kinds of sodas?
No

Just for fun:
If going on a nature hike or schlepping a laptop around, or carrying a lunch . . .
Did/do you own a backpack, satchel, rucksack, computer bag, tote bag or similar?
Yes - all but the ruck thing-If so, what color(s)? Many different colors

-Anything inside one now?
No

-Last place you carried any such?
I carry the tote thing now and then

Today's Picture:
Harbor seals and gulls in Bodega Bay, California. Nice pic

Old 02-05-2017, 04:46 AM

13,804 posts, read 10,159,748 times
High, as in that feeling of getting off the ground with . . .

Last reason you climbed a ladder or stepstool? To help a friend to put his Christmas lights up .

Can you name any kind(s) of tree you've climbed? All of them.

If you could take free
airplane or helicopter flying lessons, would you? Yes.

Have you ridden in an elevated cable car or on a ski lift, and if so, where? To the beach.

Have you ever been on a rooftop, and if so, why? Many times, either to fix aerials, or while building glass houses.

(until police responded to noise complaints ) The Beatles.

Can you think of other high places that might cause a feeling of butterflies in the stomach? I'm not wired that way, so, no.

A Taxing Section:
Okay, so did you receive all your tax documents for this year's filing yet or are you still waiting? I'm the invisible man, so, no tax documents.

Win, lose or draw. Last time did you get a tax refund, owe, or neither? In another life.

Foodie and Bevvie Qs:
[b]-BBQ sauce?
-Mustard? Tick.
-Mayo?
-Nothing at all?
-Ketchup?
-Other?

where you can mix and match flavorings with all kinds of sodas? Yes.

Just for fun:
Did/do you own a backpack, satchel, rucksack, computer bag, tote bag or similar? Yes.

-If so, what color(s)? Black.

-Anything inside one now? Nope.

-Last place you carried any such? Up a big hill.

Thank you BJH, and sorry I'm a wee bit late on this one, but I liked the questions.

Greetings, Y'all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics