Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 09:49 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,953,054 times

Advertisements

Today’s Question:
How many burners does your cooking stove/range have ? 4Are they different sizes ?two large two small
Does your stovetop have (removable) wells/drip pans under the burners ?yes If so, have you had to clean or replace them ?oh yes

Extra Credit:
Do you have a custom steering wheel cover ? yes one I crocheted
Have you had to replace your car’s…
-floor mats ? yes
-windshield wiper blades ? yes
-headlights, brake lights, turn signals ? not yet

Bonus:
Vegetables and/or fruit-if you can’t get them fresh...
do you prefer them from a can, frozen, or wait ’til they're in season again ?frozen if I cannot do fresh

Just for Fun:
Do you have anything with a fake (not real) woodgrain decorative surface ?no
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 09:58 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,615,563 times
Mornin' all!

Glad you're feeling better cloven!

Today’s Question: How many burners does your cooking stove/range have ?
Just four.
Are they different sizes ? Yes
Does your stovetop have (removable) wells/drip pans under the burners ? It does not.
If so, have you had to clean or replace them ? N/A

Extra Credit: In winter, do you switch to snow tires ? No, I buy "all season" tires.
Do you have a custom steering wheel cover ? I do not.
Have you had to replace your car’s… -floor mats ? -windshield wiper blades ? -headlights, brake lights, turn signals ? I don't think I've had to replace anything yet.

Bonus: Vegetables and/or fruit-if you can’t get them fresh... do you prefer them from a can, frozen, or wait ’til they're in season again ? It depends on the fruit/vegetable. I prefer fresh fruit, but I'm not much of a fruit person anyway. Mostly I'll wait. Usually I use fresh or frozen vegetables, and occasionally canned, but only fresh asparagus.

Just for Fun: Do you have anything with a fake (not real) woodgrain decorative surface ? Oh sure. I have several pieces of Sauder furniture that you have to assemble yourself. It's pretty cheap, and has a woodgrain laminate.

Today in History:
1788: Connecticut ratifies the U.S. Constitution and becomes the fifth state
1793: First hot-air balloon is flown in the USA, piloted by Jean-Pierre Blanchard
1894: First battery-operated phone switchboard installed in Lexington, Mass. by The American Bell Telephone Company
1941: Birth of singer-songwriter & activist Joan Baez
1944: Birth of musician & songwriter Jimmy Page
1950: Birth of singer-songwriter & actor David Johansen (The New York Dolls, “Scrooged”)
1951: Birth of singer Brenda Gail Webb, known as “Crystal Gayle”
1955: Birth of actor Jonathan Kimble “J.K.” Simmons (Law & Order, “Spider Man” films)
1956: Birth of actress Imelda Mary Philomena Bernadette Staunton (Little Britain, “Harry Potter” series)
1960: Construction officially begins on Egypt’s Aswan (High) Dam
1965: Birth of actress Joely Richardson (Nip/Tuck, The Tudors)
1967: Birth of musician & singer-songwriter Dave Matthews

Today’s Word: vaunt /vônt,vänt/ (vb.): Hype with over-the-top praise, extol or boast in a way that inflates the importance of something.

Today Is:
National Static Electricity Day
National Apricot Day
National Clean Off Your Desk Day
-this week is-National Folic Acid Awareness Week

Today’s Picture: Entrance & exit are at center-

Thought for the Day: “If changing strategies doesn’t help, you can try to change the game. And if that’s not possible, you can at least exercise some control about which games you choose to play.” -Brian Christian and Tom Griffiths

Wishing you a toasty cozy day…if it’s as chilly & frozen there (where you are) as it is here
It's actually pretty balmy today; right now it's 28°F. I think I'll leave my coat at home! LOL
Thanx for the Qs, and the awesome maze cloven1
Have a good day everyone!

Old 01-09-2017, 10:03 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,349,093 times
Happy Monday January 9, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:
How many burners does your cooking stove/range have ? Are they different sizes ? We have glasstop electric stoves in both homes. There are four burners on each stove and yes, they are different sizes.

Does your stovetop have (removable) wells/drip pans under the burners ? If so, have you had to clean or replace them ? No drip pans on a glasstop. All spills and spatters sit right on top so the top has to be cleaned daily.

Extra Credit:
In winter, do you switch to snow tires ? No but occasionally I have to switch to 4 wheel drive.
Do you have a custom steering wheel cover ? Nope.
-floor mats ? No. I still have the 20-year old original embroidered F150 floor mats in my truck.
-windshield wiper blades ? I change these about every second year. Here wiper blades don't wear out; they dry out.
-headlights, brake lights, turn signals ? I still have the original brake pads in my 1997 F150 with 168,000 miles. I don't recall every changing any bulbs since I've owned the truck but possibly.
Bonus:
do you prefer them from a can, frozen, or wait ’til they're in season again ?

Just for Fun:
Do you have anything with a fake (not real) woodgrain decorative surface ? I can see several faux wood article things from where I sit.

Thanks Cloven. It's not even noon and it's 65 degrees so I'll be outside today.

Old 01-09-2017, 10:14 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,907,941 times

Today’s Question:
How many burners does your cooking stove/range have ? 4 Are they different sizes ? They are.
Does your stovetop have (removable) wells/drip pans under the burners ? Yep. If so, have you had to clean or replace them ? I wipe or wash them whenever something spills.

Extra Credit:

In winter, do you switch to snow tires ? I don't.

Do you have a custom steering wheel cover ? Nope.
-floor mats ? No,
-windshield wiper blades ? no,
-headlights, brake lights, turn signals ? and no.
My car is just over a year old and I haven't had to replace anything yet. The wiper blades will probably be the first to go. Since it seldom rains here, I haven't checked them for a while.

Bonus:
do you prefer them from a can, frozen, or wait ’til they're in season again ? I guess it depends on the fruit or vegetable and what I'm going to use it for. Tomatoes for chili, I prefer canned; peas, I prefer frozen. You get the picture

Just for Fun:
Do you have anything with a fake (not real) woodgrain decorative surface ? I have an old-style radio sitting on my breakfast bar that looks like wood but is probably plastic.

Thanks PC -- glad you're feeling a little bit better! Happy day everyone!

Old 01-09-2017, 11:04 AM

24,460 posts, read 25,995,249 times
Today’s Question:
How many burners does your cooking stove/range have ? Are they different sizes ?
4 burners, all the same size.

Does your stovetop have (removable) wells/drip pans under the burners ? If so, have you had to clean or replace them ?
Yes to both.

Extra Credit:
In winter, do you switch to snow tires ?
No

Do you have a custom steering wheel cover ?
1 car has a non custom steering wheel cover.

-floor mats ?
-windshield wiper blades ?
-headlights, brake lights, turn signals ?

Bonus:
Always fresh or frozen here.

Just for Fun:
Do you have anything with a fake (not real) woodgrain decorative surface ?
Purty sure all that stuff is gone.

Thanx Cloven, glad you're felling better.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:17 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,002,874 times
Today's Question:
How many burners does your cooking stove/range have ? Are they different sizes ? 4 burners. The grates are the same size but the gas burners inside are 2 different sizes.

Does your stovetop have (removable) wells/drip pans under the burners ? If so, have you had to clean or replace them ? Not removable. Unlike animalcrazy I do not make much of a mess when cooking so I do not have to clean the stove very often

Extra Credit:
In winter, do you switch to snow tires ? month.
I drive a Jeep with full time four wheel drive. I currently have a rather expensive set of all weather tires that have been on the Jeep for four years. Will be replacing them next month with less expensive all season tires next month
Do you have a custom steering wheel cover ? Nope
-floor mats ? Nope
-windshield wiper blades ? Yep
-headlights, brake lights, turn signals ? Yep

Bonus:
do you prefer them from a can, frozen, or wait ’til they're in season again ? Does not matter to me. Now if I can't get stinky cheese I get ugly

Just for Fun:
None that I can think of

Old 01-09-2017, 01:52 PM

7,333 posts, read 2,742,181 times
Today’s Question:
How many burners does your cooking stove/range have? four Are they different sizes? yes, two small and two large burners
Does your stovetop have (removable) wells/drip pans under the burners? Yep If so, have you had to clean or replace them? Yes to both.

Extra Credit:
In winter, do you switch to snow tires? Nope. I don't have any tire chains either.
Do you have a custom steering wheel cover ? No
-floor mats ? No
-windshield wiper blades ? Yes, due to them drying out; not wearing out.
-headlights, brake lights, turn signals ? Not yet

Bonus:
do you prefer them from a can, frozen, or wait ’til they're in season again ? Mostly frozen but I do use canned as well.

Just for Fun:
Do you have anything with a fake (not real) woodgrain decorative surface ? No

Thanks cloven. I'm glad you are feeling better. Happy Monday to one and all.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:21 PM

21,539 posts, read 8,722,464 times

Today’s Question:
How many burners does your cooking stove/range have?
Four Are they different sizes? Two large, two small.
Does your stovetop have (removable) wells/drip pans under the burners ? If so, have you had to clean or replace them ?
Yes, I use foil liners which are replaced when necessary.

Extra Credit:

In winter, do you switch to snow tires?
No, that's not necessary here.

Do you have a custom steering wheel cover?

No, just the one that came with the car.

-floor mats ?
Not yet because the car is fairly new. Our other car is a '93 and has had many parts replaced including both outside rear view mirrors.
Bonus:
I don't mind canned or frozen as long as they're not packed in heavy syrup.
Just for Fun:
The dining room table has a custom-made protective pad that's reversible. It is felt on one side (presumably for playing cards), and fake wood grain on the other. But I always use a tablecloth with it, so you never see the wood grain.

Thanks, cloven! I am glad to hear that you're feeling better.

Old 01-09-2017, 07:34 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,369,627 times
Today’s Question:
How many burners does your cooking stove/range have ? 4
Are they different sizes ? 3 small, 1 large.
Does your stovetop have (removable) wells/drip pans under the burners ?
Yes, though they are difficult to remove bc. of having to delicately wrestle with the plug for burner coils.
If so, have you had to clean or replace them ?

Extra Credit:

Do you have a custom steering wheel cover ?
-floor mats ?
^N/A, bc. no car/don't drive.

Bonus:
Frozen or wait for spring...

Just for Fun:
I must have, bc. that's what gave me idea to ask-but I cannot recall what it was

Today Is:
National Static
Electricity Day
^It's so incredibly dry & static-y here in winter & the complete opposite-so very humid-in summer.

Old 01-09-2017, 07:41 PM

38,881 posts, read 22,864,124 times
Today’s Question:
How many burners does your cooking stove/range have ? 4 Are they different sizes ? 3 of them are the same size and 1 is larger (not sure why).
Does your stovetop have (removable) wells/drip pans under the burners ? If so, have you had to clean or replace them ? My stove top does not have removable drip pans under the burners.

Extra Credit:

No need for them here.
Do you have a custom steering wheel cover ? No.
-floor mats ? No.
-windshield wiper blades ? Yes.
-headlights, brake lights, turn signals ? No.

Bonus:
do you prefer them from a can, frozen, or wait ’til they're in season again ? Wait until they're in season.

Just for Fun:
Do you have anything with a fake (not real) woodgrain decorative surface ? Yes.

Good to know you're feeling better, Cloven.
I hope everyone had a marvelous Monday!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics