Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 07:22 AM

2,618 posts, read 1,510,618 times

Advertisements

Today’s Question:
Do you find yourself writing the wrong date (2016, instead of 2017) at start of a new calendar year ?

Yes, too many times lol
If so, does that last for a couple days, a couple weeks, a couple months ?
About a week!
Have you bought or been given a 2017 calendar ?
I'm too tired from 2016 !
Extra Credit:
Do you read any of those “end-of-year” best/most lists (pop culture, news, etc.), to see if there’s anything you missed out on (or want to revisit) ? Always. I'm a huge pop culture junkie!

Bonus:
What do you use to heat up water for a hot drink: a coffee pot, a tea kettle, an electric kettle, a saucepan on stovetop, or other ?

Kettle

Just for Fun:
Do you have a leather jacket ?
Yup
Have you ever tried on leather pants ?
No, they might rip
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2017, 07:48 AM

36,570 posts, read 16,149,654 times
Today’s Question:
Do you find yourself writing the wrong date (2016, instead of 2017) at start of a new calendar year ?
If so, does that last for a couple days, a couple weeks, a couple months ? Just a few days!
Have you bought or been given a 2017 calendar ? No, I need to get one today!

Extra Credit:
Do you read any of those “end-of-year” best/most lists (pop culture, news, etc.), to see if there’s anything you missed out on (or want to revisit) ? No, maybe if it's on tv or something.

Bonus:
What do you use to heat up water for a hot drink: a coffee pot, a tea kettle, an electric kettle, a saucepan on stovetop, or other ?

Just for Fun:
Do you have a leather jacket ? Yes
Have you sat in a leather chair, whether home furnishings or car seat material/cover ?

Old 01-02-2017, 07:59 AM

7,444 posts, read 5,545,965 times
Happy Monday January 2, everybody-and welcome to this year’s first Monday QOTD.
[color=DarkRed][b]Posting a bit earlier than usual because I have a cold, which means I run the risk of falling asleep & neglecting to post the Qs.. Hope you feel better!

Today’s Question:
Do you find yourself writing the wrong date (2016, instead of 2017) at start of a new calendar year ? No

Extra Credit:
Do you read any of those “end-of-year” best/most lists (pop culture, news, etc.), to see if there’s anything you missed out on (or want to revisit) ? Yes

Bonus:
What do you use to heat up water for a hot drink: a coffee pot, a tea kettle, an electric kettle, a saucepan on stovetop, or other ? Microwave

Just for Fun:
Do you have a leather jacket ? No
Have you ever tried on leather pants ? No
Have you sat in a leather chair, whether home furnishings or car seat material/cover ? Yes

Old 01-02-2017, 09:50 AM

3,401 posts, read 1,240,924 times
Today’s Question:
Do you find yourself writing the wrong date (2016, instead of 2017) at start of a new calendar year ? Not right now, but when I was in elementary school I did this for the first few weeks of the new year.
Have you bought or been given a 2017 calendar ? Given for Christmas.

Extra Credit:
Do you read any of those “end-of-year” best/most lists (pop culture, news, etc.), to see if there’s anything you missed out on (or want to revisit) ?
Not usually
Bonus:
N/A, I don't drink anything hot.
Just for Fun:
Have you sat in a leather chair, whether home furnishings or car seat material/cover ? Yes

Old 01-02-2017, 10:03 AM

4,054 posts, read 2,928,011 times

Do you find yourself writing the wrong date (2016, instead of 2017) at start of a new calendar year ? I usually do, but not so far this year.

If so, does that last for a couple days, a couple weeks, a couple months ? Usually a week or so.

Have you bought or been given a 2017 calendar ? I have a couple of wall calendars that were gifts and a book-style one that I bought.

Do you read any of those “end-of-year” best/most lists (pop culture, news, etc.), to see if there’s anything you missed out on (or want to revisit)? When they first start to show up in publications I find them interesting. Then, it seems that they become relentless and repetitive in print, radio and TV and I get bored with them.

What do you use to heat up water for a hot drink: a coffee pot, a tea kettle, an electric kettle, a saucepan on stovetop, or other ? For just a cup, I use the microwave. For more than that, a stovetop kettle.

Do you have a leather jacket ? I don't.
Have you ever tried on leather pants ? Nope.
Have you sat in a leather chair, whether home furnishings or car seat material/cover ? I had leather seats in a couple of my cars and really liked them. I also have a faux leather desk chair at my painting desk and like it a lot, more for the comfort than the leather-like finish.

Thanks cloven and happy day everyone!

Old 01-02-2017, 11:17 AM

3,104 posts, read 1,713,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post
Posting a bit earlier than usual because I have a cold, which means I run the risk of falling asleep & neglecting to post the Qs. I get sleepy a lot when I have colds, too.

Today’s Question:
If so, does that last for a couple days, a couple weeks, a couple months ? I'm usually very good about not doing that, but I did do it once already at work.
Have you bought or been given a 2017 calendar ? Bought my main one in New Orleans, got one in the mail from a charity seeker, and one freebie from an insurance company. Also have several of these small sticky-back ones that you tack up here 'n there. I attached one to my pocket-planner.

Extra Credit:
Do you read any of those “end-of-year” best/most lists (pop culture, news, etc.), to see if there’s anything you missed out on (or want to revisit) ? Oh, sometimes. They don't excite me much anymore.

Bonus:

Just for Fun:
Do you have a leather jacket ? Yes, a 90's bomber jacket that I never wear.
Have you ever tried on leather pants ? Don't think so.
Have you sat in a leather chair, whether home furnishings or car seat material/cover ? Not my favorite furniture cover, though.

Today in History:

Wishing all y’all a bright & shiny better year ahead.
Thanks, Cloven.

Old 01-02-2017, 11:33 AM

24,682 posts, read 26,251,912 times
Today’s Question:
I have done that, but not lately.

Probably a couple of weeks.

Yep, a couple of Dollar Store specials.

Extra Credit:
Do you read any of those “end-of-year” best/most lists (pop culture, news, etc.), to see if there’s anything you missed out on (or want to revisit) ?
Maybe glance at a article if it catches my eye.

Bonus:
Electric kettle, saucepan or microwave.

Just for Fun:
Do you have a leather jacket ?
Yep

Nope

Have you sat in a leather chair, whether home furnishings or car seat material/cover ?
Yes to both.

Thanx Cloven, get well quickly.

Old 01-02-2017, 11:56 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,041,744 times
Posting a bit earlier than usual because I have a cold, which means I run the risk of falling asleep & neglecting to post the Qs.

Today’s Question:

I usually am good about writing the correct year. Have not had a calendar for several years. I just look at my cell phone

Extra Credit:

Usually not.

Bonus:

I do not drink any hot drinks. Cheap beer is much better when served real cold.

Just for Fun:
Do you have a leather jacket ? I am fairly certain that any leather jacket I might think I maybe own is still being worn by the cow.
Have you ever tried on leather pants ? Nope. The cow expressed a real desire to not share any leather pants with me.
Have you sat in a leather chair, whether home furnishings or car seat material/cover ? Only when the cow was not looking.

Today Is:
National Stalking Awareness Month
Oh sure...Stalkers get a whole month while us lurkers can't get even a day.

Old 01-02-2017, 01:18 PM

7,370 posts, read 2,766,981 times
Posting a bit earlier than usual because I have a cold, which means I run the risk of falling asleep & neglecting to post the Qs.

Today’s Question:
Do you find yourself writing the wrong date (2016, instead of 2017) at start of a new calendar year ? Absolutely
If so, does that last for a couple days, a couple weeks, a couple months ? In 2016 it lasted several months...
Have you bought or been given a 2017 calendar ? Yes

Extra Credit:
Do you read any of those “end-of-year” best/most lists (pop culture, news, etc.), to see if there’s anything you missed out on (or want to revisit) ? Not really...usually just the list of the people we have lost.

Bonus:
What do you use to heat up water for a hot drink: a coffee pot, a tea kettle, an electric kettle, a saucepan on stovetop, or other ? If it's just one cup of water I'll use the microwave but I usually use a tea kettle.

Just for Fun:

Feel better, cloven. Thanks for the first maze of the year.

Old 01-02-2017, 03:03 PM

15,443 posts, read 21,493,236 times
We had some rain yesterday afternoon that shut down my internet until this afternoon when my ISP called me and told me their "tower" had gone down and they had just repaired it. Sometimes I think my ISP uses a Sears transistor walkie-talkie radio for their wireless "tower."

Today’s Question:
Do you find yourself writing the wrong date (2016, instead of 2017) at start of a new calendar year ? Yes.
If so, does that last for a couple days, a couple weeks, a couple months ? I'll do it until about July.
Have you bought or been given a 2017 calendar ? Nope. I haven't been to my bank in a month.

Extra Credit:
Do you read any of those “end-of-year” best/most lists (pop culture, news, etc.), to see if there’s anything you missed out on (or want to revisit) ? I read those lists after about thirty years have past. I never agree with them.

Bonus:

Just for Fun:
Do you have a leather jacket ? I've had several but not now.
Have you ever tried on leather pants ? I don't think so.
Have you sat in a leather chair, whether home furnishings or car seat material/cover ? I'm sitting in a green leather desk chair at this moment. Also, my wife's minivan has leather upholstery. Our 1924 Dodge Brothers car also has thick leather seats but it was built when leather was all you could get.

Good questions Cloven. Get well soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics