Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 11:35 PM

6,903 posts, read 7,693,660 times

Advertisements

~ Have you seen any of those poinsettia plants this holiday season? Poinsettias are poisonous to cats, so I don't look for or at them when I'm out and about.

~ What thing do you have...in your home that is a fun color? Hmmm. I have an indoor/outdoor rug that is an unusual blend of turquoise/orange/burgundy. It kind of works!

~ We all must eat so have you any idea what you will be eating this Christmas Sunday? Well, definitely cookies!

~ Do you have a good deck of cards or do you have a crappy worn out deck of cards? I'm not sure even IF I have a deck of cards at all. Maybe in a drawer somewhere.

~ What and when? The last soda/pop that you had to drink: Can't even remember, it's been so long. I got a regular lemonade (not carbonated) when I went to Chipotle yesterday.

~
Have you seen a Christmas cactus this holiday season? Hmmm, no, don't think so.

~ Have you any slippers? Yes, am wearing one pair now.

~ If you buy new socks...describe what kind of socks you would like: My sister and I exchange socks for Christmas. I would like a pair that is warm but thin. In a cheerful color like red.

~ Something in your home that just might get dusty before you use it again: Everything is already dusty .

~ Have you ever been outside and seen either the International Space Station or a Satellite? Just sparkly things up in the sky - who knows what they are??

~ Have you been a little more cheerful when out and about...to spread happiness this Christmas/holiday? I make it a point to be friendly and talk to the cashiers.

~ Will you be giving any pets any happiness this Christmas/holiday? Yes, got the gang a bunch of special food and toys yesterday. They make litter boxes out of pressed cardboard, yay! And sell litter in it too, yay! But more excitingly, I found these little bouncy balls that flash red and blue when they bounce. The young catz love them! And the dog got a purple alligator which doesn't squeak but supposedly makes a sound that only dogs can hear. We didn't wait until Christmas morning for these treats.

~ A fun thing for a dog or a fun thing for a cat: Bouncy balls and purple alligators!

~ What FREE air freshener would like for inside your car or truck? It has a little hanger on it, like one of those pine tree thingies...what do you want your free one to look like (anything!) and what scent do you want? It should be a spiral, and smell like cinnamon.

~ This weekend: heating or air conditioning? OMG, heat!

~ Who here has been around a fireplace...and when and where? Every single day, since there's one in the living room. I did have the chimney guy come and clean it and tuck point in October, but I haven't had a fire yet. Does someone want to come and cut firewood for me? I have a bunch of big logs to be cut.

Thanks, Roosty!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2016, 12:09 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,862,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
~ Have you seen any of those poinsettia plants this holiday season?
Big ones, have a couple of red ones here, too!

~ What thing do you have...in your home that is a fun color?
All of the Christmas decor!

~ We all must eat so have you any idea what you will be eating this Christmas Sunday?
Traditional Christmas dinner w/all of the trimmings, including everyone's favorites.

~ Do you have a good deck of cards or do you have a crappy worn out deck of cards?
Several decks of those "Cats from the World" free ones rec'd from Fancy Feast years ago.

~ What and when? The last soda/pop that you had to drink:
A rare drink from a coke (Coca-Cola) back in the summer.

~
Have you seen a Christmas cactus this holiday season?
Several, one here as well that is blooming.

~ Have you any slippers?
New ones, too!

~ If you buy new socks...describe what kind of socks you would like:
Probably some fun Christmas ones, hate to wear socks otherwise.

~ Something in your home that just might get dusty before you use it again:
Any one of those small kitchen appliances taking up space that I just had to have like that breadmaker!

~ Have you ever been outside and seen either the International Space Station or a Satellite?

~ Have you been a little more cheerful when out and about...to spread happiness this Christmas/holiday?

~ Will you be giving any pets any happiness this Christmas/holiday?
Just for my grand-dog visiting w/my DD.

~ A fun thing for a dog or a fun thing for a cat:
Any of those small- to human-size stockings filled w/treats for either they sell now for them, must be scented to their liking because they all seem to know they're just for them!

~ What FREE air freshener would like for inside your car or truck? It has a little hanger on it, like one of those pine tree thingies...what do you want your free one to look like (anything!) and what scent do you want?
Thanks, a little tree in new car scent please!

~ This weekend: heating or air conditioning?
A beautiful outdoorsy clear mid-to-high 70s Sat thru Mon predicted before rain sets in Tue & cools things off again!

~ Who here has been around a fireplace...and when and where?
Have one now & have had one for most of the past 30+ years!

*** Merry Christmas, happy holiday and I wish you smiles and comfort, always... ***

I am thankful for all of you! Those with pets, please include them in your fun and love...plenty of extra to make them feel happy.
Thanks Roosty for Friday's QotD & good wishes right back at ya!

Santa's getting ready, hope you are too... may the spirit of the season prevail, enjoy all!

Old 12-23-2016, 12:41 AM

39,242 posts, read 23,235,816 times
Looks like I was lucky enough to land on my second-favorite QOTD slot.

~ Have you seen any of those poinsettia plants this holiday season? I have a few here at home and the building lobby where my workplace is located has them.

~ What thing do you have...in your home that is a fun color? A bright orange book binder.

~ We all must eat so have you any idea what you will be eating this Christmas Sunday? A small prime rib roast will be the main course. Still need to decide on the side dishes and dessert.

~ Do you have a good deck of cards or do you have a crappy worn out deck of cards? Neither.

~ What and when? The last soda/pop that you had to drink: Yesterday afternoon at work, I had a can of Diet Coke from the vending machine.

~
Have you seen a Christmas cactus this holiday season? No.

~ Have you any slippers? No.

~ If you buy new socks...describe what kind of socks you would like: For work, the earth-tone or neutral-colored socks that go over the calf but don't slide down. For casual wear, I prefer the ankle-high white cotton socks.

~ Something in your home that just might get dusty before you use it again: The landline phone.

~ Have you ever been outside and seen either the International Space Station or a Satellite? Neither.

~ Have you been a little more cheerful when out and about...to spread happiness this Christmas/holiday? I've been my usual self, nothing special.

~ Will you be giving any pets any happiness this Christmas/holiday? I would if I had at least one.

~ A fun thing for a dog or a fun thing for a cat: Squeaky toy for the dog and catnip mouse for the cat.

~ What FREE air freshener would like for inside your car or truck? It has a little hanger on it, like one of those pine tree thingies...what do you want your free one to look like (anything!) and what scent do you want? I already have one of those Febreze clip-on car air fresheners with a fresh linen scent. I think it needs replacing because it ran out of scent.

~ This weekend: heating or air conditioning? Heating if it gets too chilly.

~ Who here has been around a fireplace...and when and where? I haven't lived in a home with a fireplace for 30+ years.

*** Merry Christmas, happy holiday and I wish you smiles and comfort, always... *** Merry Christmas to you as well.

I am thankful for all of you! Those with pets, please include them in your fun and love...plenty of extra to make them feel happy. And we're all thankful for you, Mr. Roosty!

HAPPY FRIDAY, EVERYONE!!!

Old 12-23-2016, 12:42 AM

8,009 posts, read 5,461,763 times
~ Have you seen any of those poinsettia plants this holiday season?

~ What thing do you have...in your home that is a fun color? My upstairs hallway is purple

~ We all must eat so have you any idea what you will be eating this Christmas Sunday? No, but I know it will be lots of good food!

~ Do you have a good deck of cards or do you have a crappy worn out deck of cards?

~ What and when? The last soda/pop that you had to drink: Coke, four years ago (gave up soda four years ago).

~

~ Have you any slippers?

~ If you buy new socks...describe what kind of socks you would like: A cute pair of SmartWool socks

~ Something in your home that just might get dusty before you use it again: my Summer sandals

~ Have you ever been outside and seen either the International Space Station or a Satellite?

~ Have you been a little more cheerful when out and about...to spread happiness this Christmas/holiday? Every day @ work. I get paid to be cheerful!

~ A fun thing for a dog or a fun thing for a cat: fetching a ball

~ What FREE air freshener would like for inside your car or truck? It has a little hanger on it, like one of those pine tree thingies...what do you want your free one to look like (anything!) and what scent do you want? Gardenia

~ Who here has been around a fireplace...and when and where? Last Sunday at an event

Enjoy the day! Wishing you an extra jingle in your day!

Old 12-23-2016, 01:13 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,782,498 times
~ Have you seen any of those poinsettia plants this holiday season? Yep.

~ We all must eat so have you any idea what you will be eating this Christmas Sunday? Nope.

~ Do you have a good deck of cards or do you have a crappy worn out deck of cards?Good deck.

~ What and when? The last soda/pop that you had to drink: Mountain Dew I had around Thanksgiving.

~ Have you seen a Christmas cactus this holiday season? No.

~ Have you any slippers? No.

~ If you buy new socks...describe what kind of socks you would like: Got some new ones a couple days ago. Cotton whites but wouldn't mind a warm, fuzzy pair.

~ Something in your home that just might get dusty before you use it again: Some dvds.

~ Have you ever been outside and seen either the International Space Station or a Satellite? No.

~ Have you been a little more cheerful when out and about...to spread happiness this Christmas/holiday? Act no different then I usually am.

~ Will you be giving any pets any happiness this Christmas/holiday? Some special treats.

~ A fun thing for a dog or a fun thing for a cat: A squeaky toy.

~ What FREE air freshener would like for inside your car or truck? It has a little hanger on it, like one of those pine tree thingies...what do you want your free one to look like (anything!) and what scent do you want? A smiley face that smells of vanilla.

~ This weekend: heating or air conditioning? Heating.

~ Who here has been around a fireplace...and when and where? Pass.

*** Merry Christmas, happy holiday and I wish you smiles and comfort, always... ***

I am thankful for all of you! Those with pets, please include them in your fun and love...plenty of extra to make them feel happy.
[/quote]

Best wishes to you, roosty. Have a nice Christmas.

Old 12-23-2016, 04:12 AM
bjh

60,527 posts, read 30,675,516 times
~ Have you seen any of those poinsettia plants this holiday season? Here and there.

~ What thing do you have...in your home that is a fun color? Don't know. On 2nd thoughts, our vacuum cleaner is red.

~ We all must eat so have you any idea what you will be eating this Christmas Sunday? Ham, potatoes, green beans, rolls, pie.

~ Do you have a good deck of cards or do you have a crappy worn out deck of cards? Not a truly worn out deck.

~ What and when? The last soda/pop that you had to drink: Big Red.

~
Have you seen a Christmas cactus this holiday season? If I had seen it, I wouldn't have sat on it. J/k.

~ Have you any slippers? Sure.

~ If you buy new socks...describe what kind of socks you would like: Black cotton, not too tight on the legs.

~ Something in your home that just might get dusty before you use it again: Vacuum cleaner.

~ Have you ever been outside and seen either the International Space Station or a Satellite? Satellites, yes. Not sure about the space station.

~ Have you been a little more cheerful when out and about...to spread happiness this Christmas/holiday? Cheerful as usual.

~ A fun thing for a dog or a fun thing for a cat: A toy they can chase.

~ What FREE air freshener would like for inside your car or truck? It has a little hanger on it, like one of those pine tree thingies...what do you want your free one to look like (anything!) and what scent do you want? Can't stand those. Had to throw away the only one I ever tried after less than a day.

~ This weekend: heating or air conditioning? Probably neither.

~ Who here has been around a fireplace...and when and where? Remember those metal, cone shaped 70s fireplaces? Yeah, me neither.

Have a good one.

Old 12-23-2016, 04:21 AM

18,968 posts, read 11,682,252 times
~ Have you seen any of those poinsettia plants this holiday season?yes

~ What thing do you have...in your home that is a fun color?i have several whimsical decorative pieces that include my favorite color - orange

~ We all must eat so have you any idea what you will be eating this Christmas Sunday?tamales or chile verde on Christmas Eve - Chinese food on Christmas Day

~ Do you have a good deck of cards or do you have a crappy worn out deck of cards?both

~ What and when? The last soda/pop that you had to drink:diet dr pepper last night - unusual because I almost always drink just water

~
Have you seen a Christmas cactus this holiday season?no

~ Have you any slippers?at my moms house

~ If you buy new socks...describe what kind of socks you would like:pippy longstcking striped socks with orange in them - or blossom mismatched socks. I have both already and like fun socks

~ Something in your home that just might get dusty before you use it again:a lot - even stuff I use

~ Have you ever been outside and seen either the International Space Station or a Satellite? id like to be in space and see them!

~ Have you been a little more cheerful when out and about...to spread happiness this Christmas/holiday?no more than usual

~ Will you be giving any pets any happiness this Christmas/holiday?no

~ A fun thing for a dog or a fun thing for a cat:lasers!

~ What FREE air freshener would like for inside your car or truck? It has a little hanger on it, like one of those pine tree thingies...what do you want your free one to look like (anything!) and what scent do you want?id like the rude one I sent my friends when they were deployed to Iraq - it was funny and well loved - not sure what scent it had but it wasn't enough to combat the stench in the air there

~ This weekend: heating or air conditioning?heat

~ Who here has been around a fireplace...and when and where?wow who hasn't? I guess my favorite was at home when I was little. Now is not used and a bat came down it a few years ago!

[b][color=DarkGreen]*** Merry Christmas, happy holiday and I wish you smiles and comfort, always... ***

I am thankful for all of you! back atcha - merry Christmas!

Old 12-23-2016, 04:26 AM

16,374 posts, read 10,612,177 times
NHave you seen any of those poinsettia plants this holiday season?

in stores, sure

Christmas tree, duh

~ We all must eat so have you any idea what you will be eating this Christmas Sunday?

Turkey and ham with the fixings. I love turkey, was pissed when Italian was voted in last year for a shake up

Not a card guy

~ What and when? The last soda/pop that you had to drink:

Diet cherry coke for lunch yesterday

~

[bleep] is a Christmas cactus?

~ Have you any slippers?

I live in them all winter including right now.

~ If you buy new socks...describe what kind of socks you would like:

Live in them all winter too, also wearing them now. I just bought this pair of medium heavy, soft socks for everyday use

~ Something in your home that just might get dusty before you use it again:
Good question this one is. Apparently my golf clubs fit the bill here

No but Mrs. Mt Airy is alway up on the whole "tonight Jupiter will be visible, it won't happen again for 87 years" thingy. Dave realizes that in 3 months another "won't happen again in our lifetime" event will be in the sky but he plays along anyway because it's important to her

~ Have you been a little more cheerful when out and about...to spread happiness this Christmas/holiday?

I think it's only natural for everyone, at least I hope it is

Sure, I give our girls a treat Bully Stick from the pet store

~ A fun thing for a dog or a fun thing for a cat:

My shephed LOVES playing Frisbee so I ordered her a new one. It lights up and is a blast at night. She has mostly black fur on top and disappears once she gets 5 yards away. I throw this glowing space ship into the dark and this invisible force snatches it. Great fun.

~ What FREE air freshener would like for inside your car or truck? It has a little hanger on it, like one of those pine tree thingies...what do you want your free one to look like (anything!) and what scent do you want?

I hate those damned things

Heat with a fire

~ Who here has been around a fireplace...and when and where?

Home last night

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-23-2016 at 08:29 AM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.

Old 12-23-2016, 04:51 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,848,265 times
Have you seen any of those poinsettia plants this holiday season? YES...LOVE THEM

~ What thing do you have...in your home that is a fun color? DISCO BALL

~ We all must eat so have you any idea what you will be eating this Christmas Sunday? GOING TO A FRIENDS BRUNCH IN THE MORNING. .I AM MAKING SPINACH PUE AND BANANA BREAD

~ Do you have a good deck of cards or do you have a crappy worn out deck of cards? BOTH

~ What and when? The last soda/pop that you had to drinkIET COKE YESTERDAY

~ Have you seen a Christmas cactus this holiday season? YES

~ Have you any slippers? NO...HATE THEM

~ If you buy new socks...describe what kind of socks you would like: ROOMY...I HAVE CLODHOPPERS...

~ Something in your home that just might get dusty before you use it again: WAFFLE IRON

~ Have you ever been outside and seen either the International Space Station or a Satellite? YES...SPACE STATION. ..ITS FAST

~ Have you been a little more cheerful when out and about...to spread happiness this Christmas/holiday? YES BUT I USUALLY TALK TO ANYBODY

~ Will you be giving any pets any happiness this Christmas/holiday? RUBY JUNE MY 55 LB LAP DOG GETS ALOT OF ATTENTION...SHES ON THE NAUGHTY LIST THOUGH SINCE SHE CHEWED MY NIGHT GUARD FOR MY TEETH...THANKS DOG

~ A fun thing for a dog or a fun thing for a cat: CAR RIDE

~ What FREE air freshener would like for inside your car or truck? It has a little hanger on it, like one of those pine tree thingies...what do you want your free one to look like (anything!) and what scent do you want? EUCALYPTUS

~ This weekend: heating or air conditioning? NEITHER..EVERYTHING OFF. ..

~ Who here has been around a fireplace...and when and where? RIGHT NOW. ..HAVE A FIREPLACE IN MY BEDROOM

YOU TOO ROOSTY

Old 12-23-2016, 05:33 AM

27,505 posts, read 27,535,492 times
Cards? I have two decks, both are in good condition.
Last pop I had was yesterday, Dr Pepper.
I don't have slippers but have sockies. 😎
Socks, I only buy one kind, the real nice thick men's crew socks.
I've seen the space station or whatever it was, many times. It's fast!
Fireplace? Back when we lived in Flagstaff and back in Chilton, we had woods burning stove, man they were nice and toasty! 😊
Have a great day, great weekend everyone.....

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics