Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 08:12 AM

7,448 posts, read 5,553,817 times

Advertisements

Today’s Questions:
Last night I was wrapping gifts and feeling like the world’s biggest klutz, dropping things, getting tape stuck on all the wrong things and cutting the wrapping paper way too large or too small. Some things bring out the worst in me, and wrapping gifts is one of them.

What types of situations bring out the worst in you? I don't like being around political conversations.

What types of situations bring out the best in you? when I can help someone.

Bonus Questions:
What are some live events happening in your community this holiday season? Do you plan to attend any of them? the usual Christmas shows, parades, etc... Last night we drove around to look at all the outdoor Christmas decorations.

Just for Fun:
Yesterday ylisa7 asked what is the physical thing you like least about yourself. I will ask the opposite question: What do you like most about your looks? I've always gotten compliments on my eyes so...my eyes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2016, 09:11 AM

24,696 posts, read 26,281,122 times
Today’s Questions:
Last night I was wrapping gifts and feeling like the world’s biggest klutz, dropping things, getting tape stuck on all the wrong things and cutting the wrapping paper way too large or too small. Some things bring out the worst in me, and wrapping gifts is one of them.

What types of situations bring out the worst in you?
Right now it's the rush to get everything done before Christmas. Long range its the constant repetitive whining and bickering from the locals about things that are beyond their control. They talk the talk but won't get off their butts tohelpfix the problems.

What types of situations bring out the best in you?
When projects are coming to a greater than expected conclusion.

Bonus Questions:
What are some live events happening in your community this holiday season? Do you plan to attend any of them?
Annual Holiday Store
Breakfast with Santa
50 Tons of Snow
Holiday Caroling
Festival of Lights
Candy Cane Lane (Holiday Lights)

Just for Fun:
Yesterday ylisa7 asked what is the physical thing you like least about yourself. I will ask the opposite question: What do you like most about your looks?
Maybe the inherited male pattern baldness.

Thanx BayArea4, nice to know others have gift wrapping issues.

Old 12-18-2016, 09:32 AM

3,401 posts, read 1,242,090 times
Today’s Questions:

The customers at my job who stay forever, and ever, and ever.

Once you're done eating and have paid, LEAVE! I understand if you're finishing your wine or liquor, but if you're just talking, please go somewhere else. You're holding up someone's table.

Bonus Questions:
What are some live events happening in your community this holiday season? Do you plan to attend any of them?
Santa always comes down the streets here in Glen Burnie. It's a big event the improvement association does every year.
Just for Fun:
Yesterday ylisa7 asked what is the physical thing you like least about yourself. I will ask the opposite question: What do you like most about your looks?
I'm not a wrinkled mess (yet!)

Old 12-18-2016, 09:41 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,895,838 times
[quote=Bayarea4;46540353]Greetings and welcome to the Question of the Day for Sunday, December 18, 2016. If your birthday is today, you were born under the sign of Sagittarius. Some famous people who share your birthday are tire magnate Charles Goodyear; Russian dictator Josef Stalin; baseball legend Ty Cobb; director Steven Spielberg; rocker Keith Richards; actresses Betty Grable, Cicely Tyson, Katie Holmes and Christina Aguilera; and actors Ray Liotta and Brad Pitt.

Today’s Questions:

Alcoholics drinking them selves to death. Loved ones eating them selves to death. Stupidity. Abuse of animals, kids, seniors. Injustice of any kind.
You want me in your corner during a time of crisis. I'm very good at thinking on my feet.
Bonus Questions:
There was a tree lighting ceremony but the teenagers came late and I left a party early for them and we missed it. I did get to see the goats though I love goats and they're tasty I always feel bad about eating them.
Just for Fun:
It would have something to do with telling someone that my eyes are up here. Okay I asked John what the best feature on my body was and guess where his hands went? Point proven

Today in History
1271 – Emperor Kublai Khan renames his empire “Yuan,” marking the start of the Yuan Dynasty in China.
1642 – Abel Tasman’s expedition sails around Farewell Spit and into Golden Bay, first sighting local Maori.
1777 – First national Thanksgiving Day in America, commemorating Burgoyne’s surrender.
1787 – New Jersey becomes the 7th state to ratify the U.S. Constitution.
1799 – George Washington’s body interred at Mount Vernon.
1839 – First celestial photograph of the moon taken by John Draper of New York City.
1869 – Canada’s Hamilton Foot Ball Club plays its first match.
1892 - Premiere of Tchaikovsky’s Nutcracker ballet.
1912 – Piltdown Man, the “discovery” of a primitive man later revealed to be a hoax, is supposedly found at the Piltdown Gravel Pit by Charles Dawson.
1917 – The 18th Amendment, prohibiting alcohol in the U.S., is approved by congress and sent to the states for ratification.
1936 – Su-Lin, the first giant panda to be imported to the U.S. from China, arrives in San Francisco.
1956 – Israeli flag planted on Mount Sinai.
1957 – World’s first nuclear power plant goes into operation in Pennsylvania.
1961 – EMI records originally rejects the Beatles.
1966 – Dr. Suess’s “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” first airs on CBS television.
1966 – Saturn’s moon, Epimetheus, is discovered by Richard L. Walker.
1969 – Britain’s House of Lords votes to abolish the death penalty in England, Wales and Scotland.
1997 – HTML 4.0 is published by the World Wide Web Consortium.
1999 - NASA launches into orbit the Terra platform carrying five Earth Observation instruments, including ASTER, CERES, MISR, MODIS and MOPITT.
2009 – James Cameron’s film Avatar is released.

Word of the Day:
Mho noun a unit of electrical conductance that is the reciprocal of the ohm, the unit of resistance. It is “ohm” spelled backwards. First known use 1883.

Quote of the Day:
“Technology can be our best friend, and technology can also be the biggest party pooper of our lives. It interrupts our own story, interrupts our ability to have a thought or a daydream, to imagine something wonderful, because we're too busy bridging the walk from the cafeteria back to the office on the cell phone.”
- Steven Spielberg

Today is
National Roast Suckling Pig Day
Answer the Phone like Buddy the Elf Day
Arabic Language Day
International Migrants Day

Thanks Bay dear one. I can't believe how cold it is here. This weather usually come in January and February. I'm not leaving the house today. Well maybe a short walk to see how good that new coat really is.

Old 12-18-2016, 10:22 AM

3,112 posts, read 1,717,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post

Today’s Questions:

What types of situations bring out the worst in you? Oddly enough, computers. I get easily impatient and frustrated, and I'm worst when a computer does not perform like I think it should. I also resent all the changes - all for the worse - the systems and programs over time. They have become more complicated rather than easier.

What types of situations bring out the best in you? Taking time off to visit places or people I enjoy. Weird answer but I feel more relaxed and friendlier.

Bonus Questions:
What are some live events happening in your community this holiday season? Do you plan to attend any of them? Numerous. Went to a holiday party organized by the blues association I belong to, and attended a Christmas play. We would have partaken of more it if it wasn't for the ice storms paralyzing the city.

Just for Fun:
Yesterday ylisa7 asked what is the physical thing you like least about yourself. I will ask the opposite question: What do you like most about your looks? Hmmm... My eyes, I guess.

Today is
Arabic Language Day
International Migrants Day I sure hope this isn't in support of illegals!
Thanks, Pats.

Old 12-18-2016, 12:12 PM

4,867 posts, read 3,697,628 times
Default Sunday Funday

What types of situations bring out the worst in you? Hateful rude people

What types of situations bring out the best in you? Being kind to people. Simple things, like asking the counter clerk at a fast food restaurant how they are doing, looking them in the eye and making them realize I really want to know. I acknowledge people who do thing for me.

Bonus Questions:
What are some live events happening in your community this holiday season? Do you plan to attend any of them? Too many to count. Husband and I dont like crowds so we avoid them. Parking issues too.

Just for Fun:
Yesterday ylisa7 asked what is the physical thing you like least about yourself. I will ask the opposite question: What do you like most about your looks? My hair is pretty good. My hairstylist always comments on what good hair I have.

Today in History
1271 – Emperor Kublai Khan renames his empire “Yuan,” marking the start of the Yuan Dynasty in China.
1642 – Abel Tasman’s expedition sails around Farewell Spit and into Golden Bay, first sighting local Maori.
1777 – First national Thanksgiving Day in America, commemorating Burgoyne’s surrender.
1787 – New Jersey becomes the 7th state to ratify the U.S. Constitution.
1799 – George Washington’s body interred at Mount Vernon.
1839 – First celestial photograph of the moon taken by John Draper of New York City.
1869 – Canada’s Hamilton Foot Ball Club plays its first match.
1892 - Premiere of Tchaikovsky’s Nutcracker ballet.
1912 – Piltdown Man, the “discovery” of a primitive man later revealed to be a hoax, is supposedly found at the Piltdown Gravel Pit by Charles Dawson.
1917 – The 18th Amendment, prohibiting alcohol in the U.S., is approved by congress and sent to the states for ratification.
1936 – Su-Lin, the first giant panda to be imported to the U.S. from China, arrives in San Francisco.
1956 – Israeli flag planted on Mount Sinai.
1957 – World’s first nuclear power plant goes into operation in Pennsylvania.
1961 – EMI records originally rejects the Beatles.
1966 – Dr. Suess’s “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” first airs on CBS television.
1966 – Saturn’s moon, Epimetheus, is discovered by Richard L. Walker.
1969 – Britain’s House of Lords votes to abolish the death penalty in England, Wales and Scotland.
1997 – HTML 4.0 is published by the World Wide Web Consortium.
1999 - NASA launches into orbit the Terra platform carrying five Earth Observation instruments, including ASTER, CERES, MISR, MODIS and MOPITT.
2009 – James Cameron’s film Avatar is released.

Word of the Day:
Mho noun a unit of electrical conductance that is the reciprocal of the ohm, the unit of resistance. It is “ohm” spelled backwards. First known use 1883.

Quote of the Day:
“Technology can be our best friend, and technology can also be the biggest party pooper of our lives. It interrupts our own story, interrupts our ability to have a thought or a daydream, to imagine something wonderful, because we're too busy bridging the walk from the cafeteria back to the office on the cell phone.”
- Steven Spielberg

Today is
Arabic Language Day
International Migrants Day[/quote]

Old 12-18-2016, 01:44 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,979,902 times
Today’s Questions:

What types of situations bring out the worst in you? One thing that just makes me bat crap crazy is people who talk in movie theaters. I am that person who is not above saying something to the offenders. I don't understand why you would come to a movie only to sit there and chit chat during it. Drives me nuts.

What types of situations bring out the best in you?When strangers go out of their way to be nice or helpful to others. It just warms my heart and shows me that not all of the human race are jerks.

Bonus Questions:
What are some live events happening in your community this holiday season?Our downtown area does a sleigh ride, a holiday craft fair and has live music in the square. Do you plan to attend any of them?most likely no.

Just for Fun:
Yesterday ylisa7 asked what is the physical thing you like least about yourself. I will ask the opposite question: What do you like most about your looks?I have really good skin. Never was one to have acne and I haven't ever had wrinkles (knock on wood). I lucked out.

Old 12-18-2016, 06:00 PM

6,903 posts, read 7,693,660 times
oday’s Questions:
Last night I was wrapping gifts and feeling like the world’s biggest klutz, dropping things, getting tape stuck on all the wrong things and cutting the wrapping paper way too large or too small. Some things bring out the worst in me, and wrapping gifts is one of them. I agree about wrapping presents. I think I failed "tape" in kindergarten. Thank goodness for pretty gift bags!

What types of situations bring out the worst in you? I also don't do well in high pressure situations and usually run around in circles swearing.

What types of situations bring out the best in you? Peacefulness.

Bonus Questions:
What are some live events happening in your community this holiday season? Free movies @ the movie theater (which is owned by a local non-profit). Lots of bazaars and "cookie walks", all over now, I think. And a multi-church choir concert on the banks of the Missouri on Christmas Eve. Do you plan to attend any of them? Have done. Concert depends on weather.

Just for Fun:
Yesterday ylisa7 asked what is the physical thing you like least about yourself. I will ask the opposite question: What do you like most about your looks? I keep telling you all that I have extremely cute toes.

Thanks, Bay. So COLD here! Weset a record last night.

Last edited by 601halfdozen0theother; 12-18-2016 at 06:09 PM..

Old 12-18-2016, 06:13 PM

21,743 posts, read 8,880,895 times
Today’s Questions:
As mentioned before, I'm hopeless at gift-wrapping. Any situation that is high-stress brings out the worst in me, especially if I feel rushed. I make mistakes that I wouldn't make if I were relaxed and calm.
If I feel I can help someone, it brings out my generous side.
Bonus Questions:
There's a Sing Along Messiah that sounds like a lot of fun and also the annual Nutcracker Ballet. I am not planning to attend any events, though.
Just for Fun:
People say have a nice smile.

Thanks to everyone for participating!

Old 12-19-2016, 05:30 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,848,265 times
What types of situations bring out the worst in you? NOT BEING ABLE TO FIND SOMETHING RIGHT AWAY. ..PEOPLE AROUND HERE ASKING ME IF I'VE BEEN SAVED...

What types of situations bring out the best in you? HELPING AT OUR ANIMAL SPAY DAYS.....TRYING TO GUIDE THE GRANDSON ON THE RIGHT ROAD. ..

Bonus Questions:
What are some live events happening in your community this holiday season? Do you plan to attend any of them? A FEW LIVE NATIVITY SCENES....NO NOT GOING..

Just for Fun:
Yesterday ylisa7 asked what is the physical thing you like least about yourself. I will ask the opposite question: What do you like most about your looks? I GUESS THE BEST THING IS I HAVE NEVER HAD A WEIGHT PROBLEM AND FOR MOST OF MY LIFE I COULD EAT WHATEVER I WANTED...BUT THATS SORT OF CHANGING. ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics