Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 06:25 AM

4,867 posts, read 3,697,628 times

Advertisements

Winning number was 33 picked by the kid this week..No winner....so try again!

1. Pick a number. . 00-100 86
2. Name a movie with snow in the plot Snow Day
3. What is a tacky Christmas decoration to you? None

4. Do you take vitamins? No
5. What was the last thing you sewed? a button on a blouse

6. Have you ever eaten venison? Do you like it? Yes, it was ok. I not much of a meat eater. Chewy.

7. Do you ever have days that you drop things and are more clumsy than others? Every day. I hate gravity!

8. I do not buy tomatoes in the winter.They taste awful and cost a small fortune. Is there something you avoid buying in winter? Watermelon

9. Chris cross
10. At the ski resort do you hit the slopes or hang out in the chalet next to the fireplace? Hit the slopes. Hard.

11. Oak tree

12. Do you or have you ever had a cuckoo clock in your home? No. Husband #1 got it in the divorce. From Black Forest, too!

13.What restaurant did you go in last? Taco Bell

14. Do crying babies bother you ? Yes they drive me insane.

15. When was the last time you rolled your eyes? (IT CANT BE WHILE READING THESE. .HAHA! ) last night at husband

Good answer from last week...kvpinvt and rxgrrl

10. What article of clothing do you have to always try bin before buying? Bras
Me too ladies. ..

2.Do you have a favorite foreign word or phrase you say often...thrown into your own language? LauraC

Voila! Someone has to tell the folks at Liberty Mutual it's not "Wallah!" Their commercial makes me nuts. Both the mother and the kid say "Wallah!" It's French and it starts with a V and the "v" is pronounced like "vwa-lah."

Oh Laura...I'm with you there. I have a Facebook friend who always types WALLAH.....!! Drives me crazy...

Appetizer of the Day

https://www.google.com/amp/s/allreci...ndroid-verizon

Have a great week everybody! !!![/quote]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2016, 06:50 AM
bjh

60,527 posts, read 30,675,516 times
1. Pick a number. . 00-100_______ 1

2. Name a movie with snow in the plot_________ Snow Day

3. What is a tacky Christmas decoration to you? No such. Let people have their fun.

4. Do you take vitamins? Yes.

5. What was the last thing you sewed? Tightened a loose button on a shirt.

6. Have you ever eaten venison? Do you like it? Nope. N/A.

7. Do you ever have days that you drop things and are more clumsy than others? Can seem that way.

8. I do not buy tomatoes in the winter.They taste awful and cost a small fortune. Is there something you avoid buying in winter? No.

9. Chris____________ Kringle

10. At the ski resort do you hit the slopes or hang out in the chalet next to the fireplace? If I go to one, I'll do both.

11. _Christmas ____________ tree

12. Do you or have you ever had a cuckoo clock in your home? Aren't there enough cuckoos in the world?

13.What restaurant did you go in last? McDonalds.

14. Do crying babies bother you ? Not usually. It bothers me more sometimes when people apologize for their kids. I tellthem their kids have a right to be here too. They look at me stunned.

15. When was the last time you rolled your eyes? Don't remember. Not much of an eye roller.

Have a cuckoo day!

Last edited by bjh; 12-13-2016 at 07:25 AM..

Old 12-13-2016, 06:53 AM

16,913 posts, read 16,244,801 times
I wonder what WiFi provider Linda has?
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda814 View Post
Good Morning one and all!! Hopefully my connection will last thru this posting. .4 days into my new monthly usage our WiFi provider said we have reached out monthly allotment which is WRONG. ..so here goes...

1. Pick a number. . 00-100_______36

2. Name a movie with snow in the plot_________Ice Station Zebra

3. What is a tacky Christmas decoration to you?

I am not familiar with decorations, apart from those when I was a little kid.

4. Do you take vitamins?

Nope.

5. What was the last thing you sewed?

A button on my shirt, several decades ago.

6. Have you ever eaten venison? Do you like it?

Nope and I never will. There's plenty of domesticated meats at the market if I want meat...without killing wildlife.

7. Do you ever have days that you drop things and are more clumsy than others?

Nope.

8. I do not buy tomatoes in the winter.They taste awful and cost a small fortune. Is there something you avoid buying in winter?

Nopey.

9. Criss Angel

10. At the ski resort do you hit the slopes or hang out in the chalet next to the fireplace?

Hit the slopes and then the inn for food and drink.

11. Banyan tree

12. Do you or have you ever had a cuckoo clock in your home?

Yep. Love them!

13.What restaurant did you go in last?

Chinese buffet...one near me has such good food. I go almost every weekend.

15. When was the last time you rolled your eyes? (IT CANT BE WHILE READING THESE. .HAHA! )

I never do that and I find it incredibly annoying to see someone else do it. It is STUPID!

Me too ladies. ..

2.Do you have a favorite foreign word or phrase you say often...thrown into your own language? LauraC

Voila! Someone has to tell the folks at Liberty Mutual it's not "Wallah!" Their commercial makes me nuts. Both the mother and the kid say "Wallah!" It's French and it starts with a V and the "v" is pronounced like "vwa-lah."

Oh Laura...I'm with you there. I have a Facebook friend who always types WALLAH.....!! Drives me crazy...

I vote that wallah be an acceptable form of the word, voila. I'm not French. I write voila but I do find it annoying.

Appetizer of the Day

Have a great week everybody! !!!
Happiness, good health and sanctity to you all...smile all you can and spread it around!

Old 12-13-2016, 07:08 AM

2,299 posts, read 1,448,231 times
1. Pick a number. . 00-100 12

2. Name a movie with snow in the plot

The Shining

I would say those old fashion aluminum trees but I love those. Maybe I'm just tacky.

4. Do you take vitamins?

I use vitamin E on my skin, but I've starting taking them as well.

I don't know.

Is that deer? I tasted deer a long time ago and thought it was disgusting. I hate "exotic" meats.

Sometimes.

8. I do not buy tomatoes in the winter.They taste awful and cost a small fortune. Is there something you avoid buying in winter?

Can't think of anything.

9. Chris Pratt

10. At the ski resort do you hit the slopes or hang out in the chalet next to the fireplace?

I've never been to one.

11. Oh Christmas tree

Yeah.

Smashburger

14. Do crying babies bother you ?

Not really. Screaming little kids not getting their way while their parents smile and think it's cute - that bothers me.

15. When was the last time you rolled your eyes? (IT CANT BE WHILE READING THESE. .HAHA! )

This morning when my local news had a long segment about award nominations. I rolled my eyes at the serious and important tone of it all.

Last edited by KimFreebish; 12-13-2016 at 07:35 AM..

Old 12-13-2016, 07:32 AM

7,448 posts, read 5,553,817 times
Good Morning one and all!! Hopefully my connection will last thru this posting. .4 days into my new monthly usage our WiFi provider said we have reached out monthly allotment which is WRONG. ..so here goes...

1. Pick a number. . 00-100_______27

2. Name a movie with snow in the plot__snow Dogs

3. What is a tacky Christmas decoration to you? Elf on the shelf

4. Do you take vitamins? Yes

5. What was the last thing you sewed? Probably a button onto something

6. Have you ever eaten venison? Yes Do you like it? It's ok

7. Do you ever have days that you drop things and are more clumsy than others? No

8. I do not buy tomatoes in the winter.They taste awful and cost a small fortune. Is there something you avoid buying in winter? Tomatoes

9. Chris Kringle

10. At the ski resort do you hit the slopes or hang out in the chalet next to the fireplace? I've never been skiing

11. Christmas tree

12. Do you or have you ever had a cuckoo clock in your home? No

13.What restaurant did you go in last? The Walnut room at Macy's on State street in Chicago.

14. Do crying babies bother you ? Yes

15. When was the last time you rolled your eyes? (IT CANT BE WHILE READING THESE. .HAHA! ) probably something on TV.

Good answer from last week...kvpinvt and Rxgrrl. Well, thank you!

Me too ladies. ..

Appetizer of the Day

Have a great week everybody! !!![/quote]

Old 12-13-2016, 07:46 AM

5,925 posts, read 3,856,818 times

1. Pick a number. . 00-100___88____

2. Name a movie with snow in the plot_Snow Day________

Those giant blow-up things that people put in their yards

4. Do you take vitamins?
yes multi and D

a button

yes and no, not really

Yes I do, here lately I've been especially clumsy I guess because of the newly appointed arthritis in my fingers

Same here, don't buy tomatoes or any out-of-season vegs

9. Chris__Christie__________

Ha that's funny

11. __Christmas___________ tree

Don't have one but my Mom used to

A local family restaurant called Laurenda's

Yes in restaurants or out shopping but not otherwise

Me too ladies. ..

Appetizer of the Day

Old 12-13-2016, 07:55 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,048,217 times

1. Pick a number. . 00-100 49

2. Name a movie with snow in the plot A Snowy Stinky Cheese Christmas

3. What is a tacky Christmas decoration to you? Hmmm

4. Do you take vitamins? Nope

5. What was the last thing you sewed? My pants. I bent over at work and heard that dreaded sound of the seam in the seat of my pants ripping.

6. Have you ever eaten venison? Do you like it? I have. Do I like it? Let's just say Santa parks his sled several rooftops away and his reindeer all wear flack jackets when delivering my presents.

7. Do you ever have days that you drop things and are more clumsy than others? Once in a while

8. I do not buy tomatoes in the winter.They taste awful and cost a small fortune. Is there something you avoid buying in winter? Veggies

9. Chris Some body or another

10. At the ski resort do you hit the slopes or hang out in the chalet next to the fireplace? I put my fake cast on my leg and sit by the fireplace

11. Oh Christmas tree

12. Do you or have you ever had a cuckoo clock in your home? My parents did

13.What restaurant did you go in last? Skipper's

14. Do crying babies bother you ? Only when I can't get away from them

15. When was the last time you rolled your eyes? (IT CANT BE WHILE READING THESE. .HAHA! ) At work last week

Me too ladies. ..

Appetizer of the Day

Old 12-13-2016, 08:01 AM
bjh

60,527 posts, read 30,675,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post
2. Name a movie with snow in the plot A Snowy Stinky Cheese Christmas
I saw that one. Starring Vince Limburger and Marilyn Fromage.

Old 12-13-2016, 08:10 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,459,642 times
1. Pick a number. . 00-100

2. Name a movie with snow in the plot
Frozen

4. Do you take vitamins?
Yes.

A costume for a friend.

Yes and No.

On occasion.

Peaches.

9. Chris Cooper.

11. Calling tree

No.

Olive Garden

No

15. When was the last time you rolled your eyes? (IT CANT BE WHILE READING THESE. .HAHA!)
A tweet.

Me too ladies. ..

Appetizer of the Day

Old 12-13-2016, 08:17 AM

31,304 posts, read 33,047,440 times

1. Pick a number. . 00-100 72

2. Name a movie with snow in the plot The SnowJob ~ staring the Orange man

3. What is a tacky Christmas decoration to you? Those that are in the mall.

4. Do you take vitamins? Lots of them

5. What was the last thing you sewed? A few stitches to the pocket on a shirt I liked.

6. Have you ever eaten venison? Do you like it? I have. No I'll pass on it.

7. Do you ever have days that you drop things and are more clumsy than others? No

8. I do not buy tomatoes in the winter.They taste awful and cost a small fortune. Is there something you avoid buying in winter? Swimwear, beach towels

9. Chris tal

10. At the ski resort do you hit the slopes or hang out in the chalet next to the fireplace? I'd enjoy the view and stay warm inside drinking coffee.......

11. Coat tree

12. Do you or have you ever had a cuckoo clock in your home? No

13.What restaurant did you go in last? Spaghetti Company

14. Do crying babies bother you ? It it continues too long.

Appetizer of the Day

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics