Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 05:22 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,980,529 times

Advertisements

~ Did you drop anything while preparing or eating your dinner today?Nope.

~ Pick anything at all to have printed on a shower curtain, sent to you absolutely FREE!A picture of the rain forest.

~ Ask for/order your fries...and do it in a VERY PICKY manner!:I would like a large fry and makes sure that none of them are touching in the container

~ List every kind of beverage that you had today!:Irish cream hot chocolate this morning. 40oz of water at lunch. a wild cherry pepsi for dinner.

~ Have you a $20 bill right now?nope

~ A brief description of your alarm clock, to check your brief description capabilities:

~ If you were to take a camera with you and go somewhere, where might you like to go and what would you like to photograph?I love going to abandoned buildings and taking pictures of the things I encounter. Lots of abandoned farms in my area.

~ Have you ever played Bingo at a place where you can win money?yes

~ Do you have a good mop for floor cleaning and where did you get it?I have a swiffer wet jet. Works great

~ Have you ever owned a Polaroid camera?yes many

~ Did you ever take off one of those warning tags, under the bed or on your pillow, that said, "Do Not Remove Under Penalty of Law"?I remove all tags

~ Had you heard of The Boogie Man as a child?our boogie man was one my grandma told us about called La LloronaThe Cry - La Llorona

~ What is a Whiffenpoof?the forgotten house at Hogwarts?

~ Have you ever seen a Gumby...or a Pokey?yes

~ Are ya any good at mini golf?no

~ Can you name any movies that you saw at a drive-in theater?Grease, The Sound of Music, Halloween, Truth or Dare, Fire in the Sky, Spiderman, Friday the 13th,

~ Okeedokee....what things do you look for and hope to find at a flea market or yard/garage sale or places like that?doors and windows. I love old doors and windows. I also love finding old toys I grew up with.

***** Rate your day today on a scale of 1 to 5 stars:today sucked. 2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2016, 08:31 AM

44,477 posts, read 20,283,433 times
Oh my! I've lost all track of time the past few days and completely forgot about coming to C-D to answer the QOTDs. It's another super-busy day, so I'll just squeeze in a few answers as time allows.

~ Did you drop anything while preparing or eating your dinner today? On Thursday, as I was preparing Thanksgiving dinner, I didn't have any big mishaps, thank goodness. I often drop things because of the arthritis in my hands, but it wasn't too bad on Thursday. I probably dropped a couple of little things on the kitchen counter, such as a spoon or fork, but otherwise did okay.

~ Pick anything at all to have printed on a shower curtain, sent to you absolutely FREE! Hmmm. How about a 3-D picture of a beach scene?

~ Ask for/order your fries...and do it in a VERY PICKY manner!: I want them long and thick, very soft in the middle and very crispy on the outside, and golden-brown in color.

~ List every kind of beverage that you had today!: On Thursday I had water, Merlot wine, Diet Coke, coffee and Chai Latte.

~ Have you a $20 bill right now? Nope.

~ A brief description of your alarm clock, to check your brief description capabilities: Black.

~ If you were to take a camera with you and go somewhere, where might you like to go and what would you like to photograph? I'd like to go to a pine forest and photograph the trees and any critters that might come along during my walk.

~ Have you ever played Bingo at a place where you can win money? Yes, but just once. It was at a charity event.

~ Do you have a good mop for floor cleaning and where did you get it? No, unfortunately. A few months ago I had a new floor installed in my living room and dining room and I purchased a new mop to keep it nice. The pad on the mop has already fallen apart. I need to buy a better one.

~ Have you ever owned a Polaroid camera? Nope. But my grandma had one and I remember how mystified we were about how it worked. It was so cool at the time!

~ Did you ever take off one of those warning tags, under the bed or on your pillow, that said, "Do Not Remove Under Penalty of Law"? LOL! No, I don't think I ever have. Out of sight, out of mind.

~ Had you heard of The Boogie Man as a child? Yes. And it scared me.

~ What is a Whiffenpoof? I don't recall.

~ Have you ever seen a Gumby...or a Pokey? Yes, though I never owned either.

~ Are ya any good at mini golf? It's been about 20 years since I last played. I used to be pretty good at it, though inconsistent. I could get three or four holes in one or two strokes and then take 4 strokes on the next hole.

~ Can you name any movies that you saw at a drive-in theater? Yep. The original Parent Trap with Hayley Mills, when I was a little kid. When I was a junior in high school, I saw M*A*S*H at the drive-in.

~ Okeedokee....what things do you look for and hope to find at a flea market or yard/garage sale or places like that? I like to look at pretty glass things, though I rarely buy them anymore because my house is too cluttered and I have no room for more.

***** Rate your day today on a scale of 1 to 5 stars: My Thursday was spectacular! So was Fryday for that matter.

Who knows, maybe one day soon will be even better! I must head out the door. I have to run errands today (Saturday) and finish my fall yard and garden work and then put up Christmas decorations outside and inside the house. It's so nice to have a few days off work! Yay!

Happy Fryday, everybody! And happy Saturday.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-26-2016 at 08:48 AM..

Old 11-26-2016, 10:14 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,900,311 times
[quote=rainroosty;46303147]~ Did you drop anything while preparing or eating your dinner today?

I always drop something for those 6 beady eyes staring at me by the dinner table. I'm a bad mommy. Those boys are so spoiled.
~ Pick anything at all to have printed on a shower curtain, sent to you absolutely FREE!
Hmmm. I have to have clear parts so I can see out. Maybe some random plants and dragon flies, but not covering all of the clear plastic.

~
Ask for/order your fries...and do it in a VERY PICKY manner!:
Hmmm a small order of garlic fries with crispy edges please.

~ List every kind of beverage that you had today!:
Just a cup of tea so far.

~ Have you a $20 bill right now?
Let me check John's wallet. Yep.

~ A brief description of your alarm clock, to check your brief description capabilities:

It's small and white and I can't find the off button for the alarm without my glasses, which are down stairs on a high place so Monsoon won't chew on the edges. That cat is more like a dog, especially with his leavings Oh yeah, the alarm clock nightmare. I would always wind up hitting the snooze button
~ If you were to take a camera with you and go somewhere, where might you like to go and what would you like to photograph?

The ice skating rink. Our Indian friends we skate with every Monday now are very brave

~ Have you ever played Bingo at a place where you can win money?
Yes, a couple of times.

~ Do you have a good mop for floor cleaning and where did you get it?

Yes, maybe Walmart?
~ Have you ever owned a Polaroid camera?

Yes I have.
~ Did you ever take off one of those warning tags, under the bed or on your pillow, that said, "Do Not Remove Under Penalty of Law"?

No Okay yes yes I did it. Put the hand cuffs on me already.

~ Had you heard of The Boogie Man as a child?

I lived with a drunk boogie man
~ What is a Whiffenpoof?

A fast, fleeting fart?
~ Have you ever seen a Gumby...or a Pokey?
Yes. I loved my Gumby and Pokey rubber toys.

~ Are ya any good at mini golf?

I've never done it
~ Can you name any movies that you saw at a drive-in theater?
Mash was the very first one I saw in the same drive in movie John and I go to.

~
Okeedokee....what things do you look for and hope to find at a flea market or yard/garage sale or places like that?

Right now I look for a specific size of matching stained glass windows to fit in our glass block basement windows. They're very difficult to find.
***** Rate your day today on a scale of 1 to 5 stars:

That would be 5 stars if you're talking about Friday. I bought a new pair of skates and a toasty warm coat made in Canada. Yesterday was a great day. Roller skating, Indian food, and my Fostoria came yesterday which ended years of searching for the missing pieces.
Who knows, maybe one day soon will be even better!

Oh I don't know roosty. It was a pretty nice day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics