Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 09:56 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,698,008 times

Advertisements

Karla, let me offer this little prayer to you that our veterinarian gave us when we lost one of ours.

The Rainbow Bridge
( source unknown)

There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colors. Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge is a land of meadows, hills, and valleys with lush green grass.

When a beloved pet dies, that pet goes to this place. There is always food and water and warm spring weather. The old and frail animals are young again. Those who are maimed are made whole again. They play all day with each other.

There's only one thing missing: they are not with their special person who loved them on Earth. So, each day they run and play, until the day comes when one suddenly stops playing and looks up! The eyes are staring -and this one suddenly runs from the group!

You have been seen, and when you and your special friend meet, you take him or her in your arms and embrace. Your face is kissed again and again and again, and you will once more look into the eyes of your trusting pet.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be separated.

My sincere condolences on your loss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 09:59 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,645,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Karla, let me offer this little prayer to you that our veterinarian gave us when we lost one of ours.

The Rainbow Bridge
( source unknown)

There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colors. Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge is a land of meadows, hills, and valleys with lush green grass.

When a beloved pet dies, that pet goes to this place. There is always food and water and warm spring weather. The old and frail animals are young again. Those who are maimed are made whole again. They play all day with each other.

There's only one thing missing: they are not with their special person who loved them on Earth. So, each day they run and play, until the day comes when one suddenly stops playing and looks up! The eyes are staring -and this one suddenly runs from the group!

You have been seen, and when you and your special friend meet, you take him or her in your arms and embrace. Your face is kissed again and again and again, and you will once more into the eyes of your trusting pet.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be separated.

My sincere condolences on your loss.
what a beautiful, beautiful piece ptsum.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:59 AM

4,606 posts, read 7,710,151 times
Default Ohhh noooo.

aww Karla. I am so sorry.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:17 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,154,873 times
Karla, I'm sorry to hear this...please take care

Old 02-26-2008, 10:33 AM

27,462 posts, read 27,491,020 times
We are so sorry to hear that. I know what its like to lose a pet, been there done that and its very tough. Our deepest thoughts are with you. ((((hugs)))

Old 02-26-2008, 10:43 AM

2,636 posts, read 6,666,392 times
I'm so sorry to hear that Karla. Stay strong!

Old 02-26-2008, 10:45 AM

72,513 posts, read 18,245,371 times
Sorry for your loss,Karla.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:46 AM

2,392 posts, read 2,548,202 times
Default (((Karla)))

So sorry, take care & our thoughts are with you!

Old 02-26-2008, 12:32 PM

24,644 posts, read 26,203,441 times
Karla, sorry to hear about your loss. It hurts to lose a pet thayt has been a faithfull companion.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:52 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,459,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
We lost one of our greyhounds to cancer yesterday.
I tried a few time to get the thread started but couldn't. So I am going to take the day off.
Thanks for understanding and I will see you all tomorrow.

((hugs))
karla
I am so sorry for your loss, Karla
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics