Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 10:25 AM

24,634 posts, read 26,196,376 times

Advertisements

Today’s Question:
Noticed a trend in snack food at the grocery store, don’t know of a generic description for these, though…
Have you ever seen-or eaten-crisp dry “cookie chips” (as they’re called) or “brownie brittle/bark” ?
Don't think I have.

Extra Credit:
Have you ever gotten a ride from…
an airlift ?
a chairlift ?
a stairlift ?
No to all 3.

Bonus:
Is there a piece of furniture in your home that you regularly collide with (accidentally catch the edge of, bang into) ?
This happens when the Super Chief rearranges the furniture and I don't pay attention.

Just for Fun:
Have you driven through a rotary or roundabout ?
I have done this.

Thanx Cloven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2016, 12:02 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,859,192 times
[quote=cloven;45532009]Happy Monday September 19, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:
Noticed a trend in snack food at the grocery store, don’t know of a generic description for these, though…
Have you ever seen-or eaten-crisp dry “cookie chips” (as they’re called) or “brownie brittle/bark” ?
No, I don't need anymore bad habits.
Extra Credit:
an airlift ?
a chairlift ?
a stairlift ?
None of the above.
Bonus:
Is there a piece of furniture in your home that you regularly collide with (accidentally catch the edge of, bang into) ?
Yes, either the dining room chair of the china buffet across from it.
Just for Fun:
Have you driven through a rotary or roundabout ?Yes almost every day. There is one in the middle of our town and I love riding my bike around it as fast as I can. For some reason it kicks in the endorphin buzz faster then straight line pedaling.

LINK —> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roundabout
LINK —> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traffic_circle

Today in History:
1926: Birth of actor, writer, and tv host James Lipton
1933: Birth of actor David McCallum
1940: Birth of singer, songwriter, and actor Paul Williams
1948: Birth of actor Jeremy Irons
1951: Birth of producer & singer-songwriter Daniel Lanois
1952: Birth of producer, songwriter, and guitarist Nile Rodgers
1966: Birth of news anchor & journalist Soledad O’Brien
1970: First episode of the CBS sitcom The Mary Tyler Moore Show airs
1974: Birth of talk-show host & comedian Jimmy Fallon
1981: A Simon & Garfunkel reunion concert in NYC’s Central Park draws half a million attendees
1983: The Caribbean island nations of St. Kitts & Nevis become independent of the UK

Today’s Word:
complaisant /kəmˈplāsənt/ (adj.): Willing to go along with another’s idea. Compliant, agreeable, placatory, obeisant.

Today Is:
Respect for the Aged Day
Talk Like A Pirate Day
-this week is-
International Interpreters and Translators Week
Sea Otter Awareness Week
National Indoor Plant Week
Pollution Prevention Week
National Rehabilitation Awareness Week

Today’s Picture:
Entrance & exit are at center symbols-

Thought for the Day:

“…the word “average” itself has developed strangely negative connotations.
I say “strangely” because by definition, two-thirds of the population is “average” at any given thing (with one-sixth of people being above average and one-sixth below).
Yet, these days, telling [someone] that his or her skills and abilities are “average” would constitute an insult and a blow to the individual’s self-esteem.”
-Guy Winch

Wishing you a day in which “average” is okay

Thanks Cloven but every day I'm not at work is above average

Old 09-19-2016, 01:05 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,032,926 times
Happy Monday September 19, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:

Can't say that I have.

Extra Credit:
an airlift ?

I have ridden in airplanes anywhere from a 2 seater all the way up to 358 seats. However I think you are referring to being assisted out of being stuck somewhere. In that case I have not

a chairlift ?

I once had a power lift recliner. Does that count?

a stairlift ?

I use to go to a doctor who's office was on the second floor with no elevator. He had a stair lift chair on a track. However I never go brave enough to play on it.

Bonus:

Not since I broke my foot when hitting the couch some 30 plus years ago.

Just for Fun:
Have driven through them many times. There was one in Lansing, MI that really had me wondering what they were thinking. It took the place of a 4-way intersection. All 4 roads leading into the roundabout had stop signs. Seems like that sort of defeated the purpose of the roundabout.

Old 09-19-2016, 02:49 PM

7,364 posts, read 2,760,744 times
Today’s Question:
Have you ever seen-or eaten-crisp dry “cookie
chips” (as they’re called) or “brownie brittle/bark
” ? No, but then I'm not much for the 'snack' aisle.

Extra Credit:
an airlift ? No
a chairlift ? No
a stairlift ? No

Bonus:
Is there a piece of furniture in your home that you regularly collide with (accidentally catch the edge of, bang into) ? There are a couple of pieces I collide with on occasion. Not often enough to try to figure out where to move them so I don't.

Just for Fun:
Have you driven through a rotary or roundabout ? The small town (18,000) north of us has two that I have driven through. They are quite small and off the main streets.

Thanks cloven for another Monday's questions and maze. May you all have a wonderful week.

Old 09-19-2016, 03:28 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,171,338 times
Today’s Question:
Yes. And "Bagel Chips". WTH is the point?

Extra Credit:
an airlift ? No
a chairlift ? Yes. Oh gosh; I have mild PTSD from riding a chairlift with my Autistic son who "flaps". He was flapping on a "sky-ride" at a zoo, directly over the "Big Cats" when his hand hit the lap bar ... & up it went ...
a stairlift ? No

Bonus:
Is there a piece of furniture in your home that you regularly collide with (accidentally catch the edge of, bang into) ? Broke a toe on my coffee table last year & I think it's out to get me; I can't seem to miss it now.

Then again; I'm an accident waiting to happen. Even my father would say "Coschristi; you have many good qualities. Grace; is not one of them."

Old 09-19-2016, 03:41 PM

903 posts, read 588,648 times

Today’s Question:
No

Extra Credit:
an airlift ? No
a chairlift ? Yes
a stairlift ? No

Bonus:
Just about anything. I am quite clumsy.

Just for Fun:
Have you driven through a rotary or roundabout ? Roundabout. Sometimes I like to drive around the circle multiple times. :O)

Thought for the Day:

“…the word “average” itself has developed strangely negative connotations.
I say “strangely” because by definition, two-thirds of the population is “average” at any given thing (with one-sixth of people being above average and one-sixth below).
Yet, these days, telling [someone] that his or her skills and abilities are “average” would constitute an insult and a blow to the individual’s self-esteem.”
-Guy Winch

Wishing you a day in which “average” is okay

Probably because in school, average is a grade of C and in general doesn't require too much effort. It takes a bit of work to get Bs and a bit more work to get As. Of course mileage varies among different people.

I did have an above average sales day.

Make it Fantastic.
cd :O)

Old 09-19-2016, 05:10 PM

15,443 posts, read 21,460,345 times
Today’s Question:
Have you ever seen-or eaten-crisp dry “cookie chips” (as they’re called) or “brownie brittle/bark” ? I don't think I know what they are.

Extra Credit:
an airlift ? Not even in the Air Force.
a chairlift ? I've walked up a ski slope (summertime) but never ridden up.
a stairlift ? Maybe one with a "switchback" if we can't sell the house.

Bonus:
Is there a piece of furniture in your home that you regularly collide with (accidentally catch the edge of, bang into) ? Nope.

Just for Fun:
Have you driven through a rotary or roundabout ? The only ones that come to mind where I have actually been the driver were in Lubbock, which is now gone, Lee Circle in New Orleans, Dupont Circle and several others in the Washington D.C. area and Logan Circle in Philly.
LINK —> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roundabout
LINK —> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traffic_circle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAgX6qlJEMc

Wishing everyone a great week.

Old 09-19-2016, 06:14 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,407,163 times
Today’s Question:
Would have posted links but don't want to promote any particular brand name.

Few months back, tried an oatmeal cookie & a cinnamon sugar cookie which were tasty, albeit very dry.
Tried one of the choc. chip cookie chip brands last week, after being indecisive for months, seeing this sort of thing on shelves & wondering.
The flavor is quite good, though I prefer chewy moist cookies by far. Have seen brownie brittle but haven't bought/tried yet...

Extra Credit:
an airlift ?
a chairlift ?
a stairlift ?
Chairlift at ski resort-only a couple times, when I was teenager.

Bonus:
Yes, a lot of things are crammed into my small space, and there isn't much walkway between items.
I end up padding corners with coverings just to protect my knees & ankles, etc. because inevitably I will inadvertently smash into something.

Just for Fun:

I don't/can't drive, but have been passenger many a time.

Noticed last week that a new roundabout is being constructed in Keene NH, at other end of string of intersections from the existing roundabout.

There's one in my town, too-in the retail/commercial section near highway exit.

I got a kick out of perusing the Wiki entries on the topic (I'm an infrastructure nerd) while researching this question.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics