Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2008, 10:03 AM

6 posts, read 10,909 times

Advertisements

Do you beleive that stress can cause long term effects even when you do not feel stressful?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2009, 01:57 AM

145 posts, read 301,558 times
Sure it will cause health problems also it could lead to mental problems over a long period of time.
I see it as if it did not have some kinda ill affect then why do people pay big bucks to talk to a shrink.
"Even when you do not feel stressful" I do not think there is such a thing you are or your not that simple. Signals to look for on short term stress :heart racing,stress head aches and muscle tension.
Long term is what people need to worry about can cause hair loss,heart problems ,anxiety,depression the list goes on and on.I am no doctor by in any means but I have seen a family doctor over my stress and he told me stress is his best patient.Only things that do not stress are god and the dead.

Old 05-16-2009, 05:51 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
I think stress is deadly. It can cause major health problems. And yes I do believe you will age quicker and die faster if there is a lot of stress in your life. That's why I don't do stress.

Old 05-16-2009, 06:01 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,668,582 times
I certainly do too younglisa. Had much stress in my life for years. Trying to be super mom and wife along with working kept me running non stop for years.
I'm so glad that is over but wondering how much damage it did.

Now my life is soooo great and every day I at least have one belly laugh. I love to joke and make people laugh. It is just hard when some have no sense of humour but I do surround myself with people with a great sense of humour. Got to have one.

Old 05-16-2009, 07:49 AM

27,336 posts, read 27,387,014 times
Yes, I do believe so. It affects your nerves, blood pressure, your hair, cause early wrinkling, even fatigue a person.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:03 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
I believe stress can be deadly as well as ruining your life and causing stress to your loved ones...I try not to stress over a few minutes..My stress usually turns into a few minutes of venting very lougly and the anger seems to be my release valve I have also learned some control over the anger by never saying something that I will regret in a few minutes..In my own case every stressful situation seems to have a blessing in the end, and I endure for that...
We are still cleaning up from the flood and unlike my h who was next to a basketcase I just rolled up my pants legs and did most of the cleanup alone while he either sat on the porch lamenting the situation or staying gone..He is better today (one week later) and is downstairs removing the three sheets of paneling I didn't get to yesterday Maybe he will powerwash everything once again with bleach water for me

Old 05-16-2009, 11:03 AM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
Yes, I do believe so. It affects your nerves, blood pressure, your hair, cause early wrinkling, even fatigue a person.
Yes I believe your'e right. Must be why people tell me I look 20 years younger than I am. No stress here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics