Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 01:23 AM

16,913 posts, read 16,244,801 times

Advertisements

~ Do you usually leave at least one pot or pan on your stove top while you are not cooking anything, just to store it?

~ If you have a vacuum cleaner, is it an upright or a canister...and does it use bags or not? Do you like it?

~ What kind of BBQ sauce do you like?

~ What stuff is good to eat on your steak?

~ Chicken livers...did you ever have some? Do you like 'em?

~ Cheese again: What brands of cheese do you prefer?

~ Toast with breakfast: Please order your toast!

~ Have you ever adopted a dog or cat...or any animal?

~ Okay - who here has been on a boardwalk? Where?

~ Any kind of clams that you like?

~ Do you like to be alone in the kitchen? Would you get annoyed if somewhere was in the kitchen, strummin' on a banjo while you are cooking?

~ What foods do you really like onions in/on?

~ Please do tell us a few of your favorite cookies/wafers/crackers:

~ What kind of cereal shall I send to you?

*** Zippy Fryday to you all, thanks for putting your thoughts here and may your weekend be peppered with good things to eat and drink! ***
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2016, 01:42 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,498,359 times
I have a dyson upright hoover........I know it's not a hoover, but all vacuum cleaners are called hoovers aren't they?....... I like it very much........ best hoover I ever had!!

My favourite cheese is cheddar. Preferably made in the village of Cheddar, in Somerset.........after all, that's where it originated.........

I have been on the boardwalk in Atlantic City, and Coney Island.......... very interesting places to visit.

I adopted a cat called Murphy many years ago. It was a factory cat, and the place was closing down. I took it home, and she lived happily with us for a number of years. When I took her to the vet to be put to sleep when she was old and ill, it broke my heart.

Old 09-09-2016, 01:48 AM

21,741 posts, read 8,880,895 times
~ Do you usually leave at least one pot or pan on your stove top while you are not cooking anything, just to store it?
The tea kettle lives on top of the stove. Everything else gets put away.

~ If you have a vacuum cleaner, is it an upright or a canister...and does it use bags or not? Do you like it?
It is a canister, and it uses bags. I like it a lot because it's quiet and well-designed.

I'm not fussy. As long as it's not too spicy, I will eat it.

Salt and pepper

Yes, I used to like them more than I do now. I've gone off organ meats.

I prefer Tillamook because it comes from Mr. Bay's home state, Oregon. Sargento is also a very good brand.

I don't eat toast with breakfast usually, unless it's in a restaurant and it comes with the dish. But just to play along, I'll have cinnamon toast or raisin toast.

Over the years I have adopted three parakeets (budgies) that were unwanted and needed new homes.

Santa Cruz, Atlantic City, Seaside Heights

The kind I don't have to remove from their shells.

~ Do you like to be alone in the kitchen? Would you get annoyed if somewhere was in the kitchen, strummin' on a banjo while you are cooking?
I prefer to work alone, and hold the banjo music, please!

Chili, hamburgers, tuna salad, egg salad, potato salad

I like homemade cookies best, peanut butter, oatmeal raisin or chocolate chip. As for commercially available ones, I am a fan of chocolate covered grahams, peanut butter patties, shortbread and ginger snaps.

Please time travel to 1961 and bring me a box of Alpha Bits, a box of Rice Krinkles and a box of Kellogg's OKs.

Thanks, Roosty!

Old 09-09-2016, 02:20 AM

11,450 posts, read 9,405,182 times
~ Do you usually leave at least one pot or pan on your stove top while you are not cooking anything, just to store it? - Yes, mainly because I lack storage space in this small apartment I am living in.

~ If you have a vacuum cleaner, is it an upright or a canister...and does it use bags or not? Do you like it? - Upright, no bag, I'm happy with it.

~ What kind of BBQ sauce do you like? - Regular, but I do not have it often.

~ What stuff is good to eat on your steak? - I haven't had one in 6 months. Sauteed mushrooms and maybe a little A1.

~ Chicken livers...did you ever have some? Do you like 'em? - Maybe decades ago. No memory of this.

~ Cheese again: What brands of cheese do you prefer? - Cooper Sharp American and Finlandia Swiss.

~ Toast with breakfast: Please order your toast! - No one would have what I prefer and that's 7 Grain Crunch from this place:
Springmill Bread Company

~ Have you ever adopted a dog or cat...or any animal? - No.

~ Okay - who here has been on a boardwalk? Where? - Atlantic City and a very long time ago, Ocean City, MD.

~ Any kind of clams that you like? - I'd like them away from me.

~ Do you like to be alone in the kitchen? Would you get annoyed if somewhere was in the kitchen, strummin' on a banjo while you are cooking? - I live alone so I do not have this problem.

~ What foods do you really like onions in/on? - Pizza and sometimes eggs.

~ Please do tell us a few of your favorite cookies/wafers/crackers: - I don't buy the commercial kind. Sometimes I buy one chocolate chip at a store that has a fresh bakery.

~ What kind of cereal shall I send to you? - My top two these days are Arrowhead Mills Sweetened Shredded Wheat and Wegmans Bran Flakes.

Thanks, Rainroosty.
Happy Friday to all!

Old 09-09-2016, 02:28 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,862,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

Like everything kept neat & clean and put away, especially in the kitchen..

Upright, no bags

Our own that we make

Salt & pepper, sometimes a little garlic butter... 'tis all that is needed on a good steak!

~ Chicken livers...did you ever have some? Once, never again!
Do you like 'em?

Boar's Head & Sargento's

Wheat w/ butter & orange marmalade

Several dogs & cats in the family adopted over the years.

~ Okay - who here has been on a boardwalk?
Where? Kemah

~ Do you like to be alone in the kitchen?
Sometimes - other times if my DDs or GDs are helping 'tis a lot of fun.
Would you get annoyed if someONE was in the kitchen, strummin' on a banjo while you are cooking?
Most definitely!

Chicken fajitas & quesadillas w/grilled or caramelized onions.

Biscoff plain or w/chocolate

Frosted or plain corn flakes - occasionally like a bowl of Frosted Flakes & use the corn flakes to coat baked chicken & pork chops.

*** Zippy Fryday to you all, thanks for putting your thoughts here and may your weekend be peppered with good things to eat and drink! ***
Thanks Roosty for Friday's QotD, nice job!

Good Times All, Enjoy!

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 09-09-2016 at 02:42 AM..

Old 09-09-2016, 02:55 AM
bjh

60,527 posts, read 30,675,516 times
~ Do you usually leave at least one pot or pan on your stove top while you are not cooking anything, just to store it? No.

~ If you have a vacuum cleaner, is it an upright or a canister...and does it use bags or not? Do you like it? Upright, bags. We get along okay.

~ What kind of BBQ sauce do you like? Any

~ What stuff is good to eat on your steak? Don't usually put anything on a steak.

~ Cheese again: What brands of cheese do you prefer? Kroger store brand is good. Kraft.

~ Toast with breakfast: Please order your toast! Rye with light butter.

~ Have you ever adopted a dog or cat...or any animal? Been adopted by cats and dogs.

~ Okay - who here has been on a boardwalk? Where? Nothing officially a board walk.

~ Any kind of clams that you like? Not had enough to form an opinion.

~ Do you like to be alone in the kitchen? Would you get annoyed if somewhere was in the kitchen, strummin' on a banjo while you are cooking? I'm almost never alone in the kitchen. One more won't hurt.

~ What foods do you really like onions in/on? French onion soup.

~ Please do tell us a few of your favorite cookies/wafers/crackers: Ritz

~ What kind of cereal shall I send to you? Cheerios

Old 09-09-2016, 03:14 AM

16,374 posts, read 10,612,177 times
[Do you usually leave at least one pot or pan on your stove top while you are not cooking anything, just to store it?

Yeah we keep a frying pan used for bacon, grilled cheeses etc

Wife's jurisdiction but I can answer. An upright with no bags which apparetly is insufficient, works fine for me.

Been on the Baby Ray's train fr a while but need to branch out. Make my own occasionally.

A-1 and steak, I like it.

Havn't in a while, thanks for the reminder. Good cheap dinner with bacon and onion.

I've learned there is a diference between good cheddar and store brand, Cracker Barrell. Other than that no particular brand.

Butter and either cinnamon/sugar or jelly. Don't eat it often, pre-diabetic so need to watch this stuff.

One dog is a rescue, one cat was a stray we found when treed by said dog and was finally captured and taken in by my wife. She spent her first year upstais away from the dogs, I nicknamed her Anne Frank. Now we have a stray and her kittens housed under our deck. They are so skinny we broke the rules are are feeding them, now trying to figure out how to capture and fix all of them.

Sure, just came back from Rehobeth Beach, DE

On the half shell or steamed, love 'em.

It would get old very quickly.

Love onions, most every sandwich.

I used to love Gouchos, peanut butter cookies they discontinued. Now Girl Scout has one similar but again can't eat many.

Love cereal. Raisin Brand, Shredded Wheat, Life and Wheat Chex are currently in my pantry.

Old 09-09-2016, 03:18 AM

62,610 posts, read 88,705,178 times

Sometimes...

Upright, bagless. It's powerful, and does the job.

Preferably ... none. Good seasoned BBQ doesn't need any sauce.

Herb butter, sauteed mushrooms and onions.
I have a roll of homemade herb butter in the freezer.
Spoiler

Yes, a great source of iron, and really delicious when prepared right.

Oh, there is no right answer where we have hundreds of different kinds. We are talking about real cheese, right?
Love all kinds. Fresh, smoked, ripe, stinky...

Hmmm...Crispy outside and soft inside? Golden brown? NOT made of toast bread?

Not really adopted, but yes, I did had my share of cats that stayed at my house longer than anticipated...

In different cities, but right now I am walking here, everyday...
Pier by elnina, on Flickr

Any...

Yeah, I like cooking alone...

I like roasted onions on jut about everything savory. Meat, mushrooms, veggies...
I love raw onions too.

Cookies covered with dark chocolate...

European muesli, with seeds, nuts, dry fruits, and no sugar added.
Spoiler

Wishing you all a great Friday, peeps!!
Thank you, roosty!

Last edited by elnina; 09-09-2016 at 04:26 AM..

Old 09-09-2016, 04:16 AM

18,968 posts, read 11,682,252 times
~ Do you usually leave at least one pot or pan on your stove top while you are not cooking anything, just to store it?yep, how did you know?

~ If you have a vacuum cleaner, is it an upright or a canister...and does it use bags or not? upright with bags Do you like it? its fine

~ What kind of BBQ sauce do you like? spicy not too sweet - usually tomato based

~ What stuff is good to eat on your steak? on? Nothing - just seasoned and seared for me. I do like sides but never use steak sauce or cheese or anything to top a steak.

~ Chicken livers...did you ever have some? yes many times Do you like 'em? no I love them!

~ Cheese again: What brands of cheese do you prefer? too many tasty types of cheese to choose!

~ Toast with breakfast: Please order your toast! seeded rye please!

~ Have you ever adopted a dog or cat...or any animal? via my mom, or as a child, yes - but never my very own

~ Okay - who here has been on a boardwalk? all of us? Where? oh gosh - so many - New Jersey, Maryland, Connecticut, Florida, overseas several countries

~ Any kind of clams that you like? yes but I don't know what all the kinds are. Little neck?

~ Do you like to be alone in the kitchen? its easier for space and movement but it's also nice to cook with my husband. Oh and at home with my mom in a real kitchen the family keeps each other company. Would you get annoyed if somewhere was in the kitchen, strummin' on a banjo while you are cooking? that could be fun

~ What foods do you really like onions in/on? gyro and lots of other dishes - stews - fried onion rings

~ Please do tell us a few of your favorite cookies/wafers/crackers: homemade toll house cookies, brown edge wafers from long ago, wheat thins - plus tons more in each category

~ What kind of cereal shall I send to you? ohhhhhh would that you could - Kellogg's concentrate cereal!

Old 09-09-2016, 04:17 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,545,268 times
Do you usually leave at least one pot or pan on your stove top while you are not cooking anything, just to store it? Nothing on the stove.

Upright with no bag. I'd like it better if it vacuumed my house without my help

~ What kind of BBQ sauce do you like? Sweet Baby Ray's

~ What stuff is good to eat on your steak? Just some salt and pepper.

~ Chicken livers...did you ever have some? Do you like 'em? I have….my dog likes them much better then I do

~ Cheese again: What brands of cheese do you prefer? Cabot, Cracker Barrel, Treasure Cove, Sargento, Laughing Cow, and Sorrento/Galbani.

~ Toast with breakfast: Please order your toast! Whole wheat

~ Have you ever adopted a dog or cat...or any animal? Dogs

~ Okay - who here has been on a boardwalk? Where? Yes…in Atlantic City and Venice Beach

~ Any kind of clams that you like? Stuffed and strips

~ Do you like to be alone in the kitchen? Would you get annoyed if somewhere was in the kitchen, strummin' on a banjo while you are cooking? I love my kitchen…my quiet kitchen

~ What foods do you really like onions in/on? Sauteed on burgers, portobello mushroom burgers, and French Onion soup. Raw in tuna salad, on burgers, and green salads.

~ Please do tell us a few of your favorite cookies/wafers/crackers: Club crackers, Wheat Thins, Mallomars, and Oreos.

~ What kind of cereal shall I send to you? Bran Flakes, Captain Crunch.Frosted Flakes, and Mini Wheats….when I am being good Fiber One and Kashi Go Lean Crunch

Have a great day!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics