Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 11:37 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,527 posts, read 30,675,516 times

Advertisements

I could live forever near a beach that never has hurricanes or blizzards, close to somewhere that has seasonal changes like autumn leaves and light snow, but never enough to be a pain. Where I could walk the beach, swim, work at whatever I want to online - don't have to go anywhere, don't have to work - just want to, be with family and friends who are all healthy, responsible and pleasant to be around. Good, reasonably priced restaurants nearby and well-stocked grocery store. A dune buggy I can drive on the beach. Truck and car I can drive from home. Dogs to walk on the beach that get along with the cats at home. Reasonable drive from a city with excellent medical care, museums, concerts, etc. A reasonable drive from mountains, lakes and forest, some of that forest edging up near the beach. In a house that's so well-built and/or situated that doesn't need much heat or air conditioning, with great ocean views, where I can contract with reliable maintenance providers to keep up as I get older, but I own and only family has keys to, with TV and phone and online access, great ocean views, extensive oceanside decks with multiple levels, steps down to the beach, in a no-crime area with a marina and a lighthouse nearby but not too close.

Is that too much to ask?

What's your idea of heaven?

Last edited by bjh; 07-19-2016 at 11:59 PM.. Reason: editing heaven :p
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2016, 11:42 PM

114,838 posts, read 66,251,106 times
On Earth? Pockets full of money, time to travel, good health, lots of healthy loved ones to share with. Not necessarily in that order. Oh,.. and a big dog for company too!

Old 07-19-2016, 11:48 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,607,441 times
The love of my God, my family, my pets and lots of ice cream.

Old 07-19-2016, 11:54 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,527 posts, read 30,675,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
On Earth?
Up to you.

Old 07-19-2016, 11:59 PM

18,725 posts, read 19,041,631 times
No pain or feeling ill..no cruelty of any kind..no hunger, no heartbreak, no pollution.

Old 07-20-2016, 12:33 AM

114,838 posts, read 66,251,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Up to you.
Well considering the forum probably best to keep it down to earth. Although I see the actual Heaven as a great place to aim for.

Old 07-20-2016, 02:33 AM

326 posts, read 183,567 times
Being able to have every DVD of every TV Show, movie, and music that has ever existed

Old 07-20-2016, 02:41 AM

62,606 posts, read 88,705,178 times
Many such places on Earth. Most people call it paradise ...
All you need is health, money and time.

Old 07-20-2016, 03:48 AM

5,925 posts, read 3,856,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
I could live forever near a beach that never has hurricanes or blizzards, close to somewhere that has seasonal changes like autumn leaves and light snow, but never enough to be a pain. Where I could walk the beach, swim, work at whatever I want to online - don't have to go anywhere, don't have to work - just want to, be with family and friends who are all healthy, responsible and pleasant to be around. Good, reasonably priced restaurants nearby and well-stocked grocery store. A dune buggy I can drive on the beach. Truck and car I can drive from home. Dogs to walk on the beach that get along with the cats at home. Reasonable drive from a city with excellent medical care, museums, concerts, etc. A reasonable drive from mountains, lakes and forest, some of that forest edging up near the beach. In a house that's so well-built and/or situated that doesn't need much heat or air conditioning, with great ocean views, where I can contract with reliable maintenance providers to keep up as I get older, but I own and only family has keys to, with TV and phone and online access, great ocean views, extensive oceanside decks with multiple levels, steps down to the beach, in a no-crime area with a marina and a lighthouse nearby but not too close.

Is that too much to ask?

What's your idea of heaven?
I like your idea of heaven so I'll go along with that - or - living in a log cabin smack dab in the middle of a giant marijuana field.

Old 07-20-2016, 04:30 AM

3,565 posts, read 2,142,842 times
To live in some olde worlde village in rural England, with a slower pace of life; a decent sized 3 or 4 bedroom detached home (paid for and with good broadband) - nothing OTT!; A car and a couple of motorcycles.

My own IT business serving the local area, involving working-from-home, as well as going out to local homes and businesses, where people are by and large far more friendlier and accommodating compared to city life.

Don't want shedloads of money, or lots of material things.

Good health into old age would be nice; and when my time finally arrives to leave this planet, to die peacefully in my sleep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics