Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 08:39 AM

39,220 posts, read 23,199,902 times

Advertisements

Tackling the tough questions...........

1. Do you like Greek food? Not my favorite, but it's OK.

2. How much time online do you spend in a usual day.......... More than I should.

3. How many meals could you make with one 4 LB chicken? Let us know what you'd make...... 5 that I can think of:
Roast chicken
Chicken salad
Fried chicken
Chicken adobo
Chicken Alfredo

4. Do you buy souvenirs from places that you've travelled to? Sometimes.

5.Do you have any shot glasses in your cupboard with names of states on them? Which ones? No.

6. Have you ever walked through a swamp? No, not even when I lived in Florida.

7. Summer days

8. Do you have friends who are twins? No, but my brother-in-law is a twin.

9. Pitcairn Island

10. Everyday it seems there's a story about something causing cancer...the latest is cell phones...What is something you stay away from that you think causes it? Cigarettes.

11. Have you ever cracked a real whip? No.

12. What tastes better raw than cooked? Carrots.

13. Have you ever written in a name on a voting ballot other than vote for the main candidates? No, but this year might be different.

14. Pop music

15. Breakfast for dinner...... or dinner for breakfast? Breakfast for dinner.

Happy last day of May! Have a terrific Tuesday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2016, 08:54 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,042,462 times

1. Do you like Greek food?
I do. My mom's dad was from Greece. My mom cooked many Greek meals.

2. How much time online do you spend in a usual day..........
One or two hours

3. How many meals could you make with one 4 LB chicken? Let us know what you'd make......
One. Time for chicken and dumplings.

4. Do you buy souvenirs from places that you've travelled to?
Rarely.

5.Do you have any shot glasses in your cupboard with names of states on them? Which ones?
I am void of shot glasses

6. Have you ever walked through a swamp?
Nope

7. Summer vacation

8. Do you have friends who are twins?
I do. One family has 3 sets of twins. First was two boys. Then two girls. Last was a boy and girl.

9. Private Island

10. Everyday it seems there's a story about something causing cancer...the latest is cell phones...What is something you stay away from that you think causes it?
Veggies. That's right folks, veggies. Veggies are evil.

11. Have you ever cracked a real whip?
Once or twice

12. What tastes better raw than cooked?
Tomatoes

13. Have you ever written in a name on a voting ballot other than vote for the main candidates?
Please ask me this question again in November

14. Pop rocks

15. Breakfast for dinner...... or dinner for breakfast?
I will take dinner or breakfast anytime. Not a fan of most breakfast foods.

Dessert of the Day
Chocolate Caramel Turtle Flan Recipe | Yummly

Best Answer from last week Alaskan Mutt
14. Have you ever been stuck somewhere ie. at a mall, bank or any building during a tornado or weather episode?
I was stuck at a motel for 4 days during a snow storm. The breakfast cook could not get to work so we did not even get breakfast. I had couple sandwiches that lasted me a couple days. After that it was vending machine junk food. The last day was spent trying to lure a squirrel into the microwave. When I finally made my escape I went to an Italian restaurant and ordered 3 meals. Ate most of it before leaving!

Love the squirrel part!!!!!!

Last day of May!!!!!! Here's to the start of a fun summer...kid is out of school and already driving me insane with I'M HUNGRY ALL DAY LONG!!!!!!!! He must have a hollow leg!!! See ya next week!!!

Old 05-31-2016, 10:01 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,882,870 times
[quote=linda814;44242830]Tackling the tough questions...........

Yes. Especially the Greek restaurant down the street from the ice rink. I could eat that fish every day.
An hour or so.
3. How many meals could you make with one 4 LB chicken? Let us know what you'd make......
At least 4 meals. Chicken soup with lots of veggies. Bakes chicken with roasted potatoes and brussells sprouts. Grilled chicken with fried eggplant and a salad. Boiled chicken with boiled noodles from the chicken and some broccoli stirred in.
Yes but only hand painted fish on coral from the islands we visited.
5.Do you have any shot glasses in your cupboard with names of states on them? Which ones?
No.
Yes. I had to to get to some water lilies I poached for my fish pond. It was icky.
7. Summer_in the city. _________________

No
9. __Fantasy____________ Island

10. Everyday it seems there's a story about something causing cancer...the latest is cell phones...What is something you stay away from that you think causes it?
Sugar.
Yes
Carrots
13. Have you ever written in a name on a voting ballot other than vote for the main candidates?
Not yet but I might be tempted to vote for Mickey Mouse during our next election. Goofy might work too.
14. Pop__Tarts Ewww_________________

Breakies for dinner is always fun. I miss pancakes.
Dessert of the Day

14. Have you ever been stuck somewhere ie. at a mall, bank or any building during a tornado or weather episode?
I was stuck at a motel for 4 days during a snow storm. The breakfast cook could not get to work so we did not even get breakfast. I had couple sandwiches that lasted me a couple days. After that it was vending machine junk food. The last day was spent trying to lure a squirrel into the microwave. When I finally made my escape I went to an Italian restaurant and ordered 3 meals. Ate most of it before leaving!

Last day of May!!!!!! Here's to the start of a fun summer...kid is out of school and already driving me insane with I'M HUNGRY ALL DAY LONG!!!!!!!! He must have a hollow leg!!! See ya next week!!!

Thanks Linda. I'm finishing Lucille's living room today.

We spent the whole day together yesterday and had a quiet dinner just the two of us in her new home. Quality time with a bestie... sweet

Old 05-31-2016, 10:32 AM

24,683 posts, read 26,256,936 times

Some of it, haven't had a chance to try many dishes. Uzo is a kicker thou.

Too much.

Dunno, need a lifeline call to the Colonel.

Sometimes.

No state ones, the ones we have were gifts.

That was our playground when I was a kid.

7. Summer Rae

No

9. Catalina Island

Tanning beds.

I have and been smacked by one. In fact there is a whip right behind me. Comes in handy now and then.

Onions

No, but it might happen this year.

14. Pop corn

Thanx for the fun Q's Kinda

Old 05-31-2016, 10:58 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,882,870 times
[quote=Alaskan Mutt;44245400]Tackling the tough questions...........

Veggies. That's right folks, veggies. Veggies are evil.

Don't make me come over there.

Old 05-31-2016, 11:00 AM

16,374 posts, read 10,599,958 times
. Do you like Greek food?

Yes. Interestingly I like gyros but they all taste the same regardless of where you get one. Other Greek food I like as well.

2. How much time online do you spend in a usual day.........

Too much as most will say. 2 hours in the AM, then on and off during the work day. Never in the evenings, that's wife time. .

Dinner, then left over sanwiches for lunch, then if it's winter maybe chicken soup. So I guess that's like 3 1/2

Not since I was a kid. "Pedro says chili today, hot tamale" type of crap.

Probably not, see above

Not on a dare

7. Summer_Vacation_________________

Yes, 3 sets actually

9. _Grand Caymen_____________ Island

Nothing really. I can't live life like that. But that does not mean I take chances

Don't think so

Oysters.

No

14. Pop__Warner Football_________________

Never.

Old 05-31-2016, 04:18 PM

8,003 posts, read 5,454,126 times

2. How much time online do you spend in a usual day.......... varies

Roast Chicken
Chicken pot pie
some chunks in my salad

4. Do you buy souvenirs from places that you've travelled to? practical--local wine/beer/snacks, bracelet

5.Do you have any shot glasses in your cupboard with names of states on them?

7. Summer thunderstorms

9. Treasure Island

10. Everyday it seems there's a story about something causing cancer...the latest is cell phones...What is something you stay away from that you think causes it? I have come to the conclusion we have no idea how it is caused...

12. What tastes better raw than cooked? Any vegetable

14. Pop Rocks

15. Breakfast for dinner...... or dinner for breakfast? Dinner for dinner, breakfast for breakfast

Old 05-31-2016, 06:56 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,071,205 times

2. How much time online do you spend in a usual day.......... Way too much but I am trying to fix that - I hide my computer. This only works if you have a bad memory

Several if I make white chicken chili or chili noodle soup

4. Do you buy souvenirs from places that you've travelled to? Sometimes

5.Do you have any shot glasses in your cupboard with names of states on them? Which ones? I have shot glasses but no state names

6. Have you ever walked through a swamp? I took a boat through one in Louisianna - kept looking up at the trees waiting for a snake or spider to drop. The guide threw marshmallows in the water and gators would swim up to the boat - they loved those marshmallows.

7. Summer_solstice_________________

8. Do you have friends who are twins? My dad was a twin

9. _Anna Maria Island

10. Everyday it seems there's a story about something causing cancer...the latest is cell phones...What is something you stay away from that you think causes it? I live in a bubble - I will live forever.
11. Have you ever cracked a real whip? Nada

12. What tastes better raw than cooked? bananas, watermelon, muskmellon, grapes, oranges

13. Have you ever written in a name on a voting ballot other than vote for the main candidates? Nada

14. Pop__goes the weasel_________________

Dessert of the Day

Good job linda

Old 05-31-2016, 08:15 PM

27,497 posts, read 27,521,349 times
Souveniers....sometimes.
Voting ballot, nope. I dont vote.
Breakkie for supper, or vice versa, heck who says you have to eat only certain foods during certain times of day? Ive had leftover spaghetti for breakkie and Lucky Charms for supper.
Thanks for the questions!

Old 05-31-2016, 08:27 PM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,383,550 times
1. Do you like Greek food? I've never tried it

2. How much time online do you spend in a usual day.......... You really don't want to know. I am a moderator on another forum and just found this forum recently..... Waaaaay too much time LOL

3. How many meals could you make with one 4 LB chicken? Let us know what you'd make...... 2. Roasted chicken and chicken soup with the leftovers.

4. Do you buy souvenirs from places that you've travelled to? Sometimes I do. Hubby collects shot glasses from wherever we travel.

5.Do you have any shot glasses in your cupboard with names of states on them? Which ones? Definitely. Georgia, New Jersey, Illinois, Ohio, Nevada, Oregon, Delaware, California, Hawaii, New Mexico, New York, S. Carolina, N. Carolina, Texas, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Maryland, Arizona, Florida and Minnesota .... Some countries also.

6. Have you ever walked through a swamp? Swampy area in Michigan...so I guess that might qualify?

7. Summer___Thunderstorm__

8. Do you have friends who are twins? Yes.

9. ____The Big Island

10. Everyday it seems there's a story about something causing cancer...the latest is cell phones...What is something you stay away from that you think causes it? I try not to pay too much attention to the latest scare. Seems as though they are always talking about some new thing. Don't even get me started on the Pharmaceutical companies

11. Have you ever cracked a real whip? Yes, it's harder than it looks

12. What tastes better raw than cooked? Green peppers

13. Have you ever written in a name on a voting ballot other than vote for the main candidates? Not yet, might have to this year.

14. Pop_Tarts__

15. Breakfast for dinner...... or dinner for breakfast? Dinner!

Thank you for the questions!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics