Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2008, 07:53 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times

Advertisements

Have you ever played a practical joke on someone and it backfired or didn’t turn out as well as you’d thought it would?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 08:30 AM

mjb68 that was funny.

I remember while working with a coworker who left his lunchbox in the room everyday a thought had come to mind how funny it would be to leave a note in the lunch bucket from a nonexistent girlfriend. The note briefly said something about it was great to enjoy lunch with you at the apartment today and maybe we could do it again when we had more time together. Signed Linda…… I put the note inside the bucket thinking that he would cleanout his trash and find it. Not knowing that his new wife took care of making his lunches and washing out his lunch bucket. I received a phone call from Mike later that evening and he asked that I explain just what had happened with his wife on the extension listening.

I couldn’t have felt worse for doing something stupid and not even thinking about his wife getting the note instead of Mike. What seemed like it could have been funning in the beginning turned out to be a nightmare in the end.

Old 02-14-2008, 11:10 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Mine have always turned out pretty well, mine are usually reveng for others jokes, they are the ones who wish they haden't messed with me

Old 02-14-2008, 12:28 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,398,261 times
I like practical jokes..he..he..he ! When I was married I played lots of jokes on the hubby...he..he !

I once molded a Cliff bar to look like doggie poo and placed it on the floor in front of my son ( he was about 1 yo ) called for hubby to come in from garage to find son trying to eat dog poo, I was peaking around the corner, when hubby came in I stepped out and said "OMG, he's eating dog poop", It was hilarious, but he got mad at me...oh well.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:06 PM

5,793 posts, read 13,935,813 times
My wife loves her television. One time I got the idea to limit the channels that she could watch and left only two that I knew she had no interest in. ESPN and MTV. I sort of forgot about it and left for work.

So she called me at work to say that the tv wasn't working right and asked what could be done to help her in her bereft situation. I tried to explain how to use the remote to get her other channels back, but it was hopeless. It just wasn't going to happen unless I drove home and straightened things out. Which I did. Somehow my humor didn't pan out as intended, though. Turns out that she missed something really big. I don't know what it was, but it must have been A HUGE TELEVISION EVENT!!!

Looking back, we both enjoy a good laugh... now! But at that moment in time things weren't too funny for either of us.

Old 02-15-2008, 06:43 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
We need MagnumMike here, he is the King of practical jokes!

Old 02-15-2008, 04:54 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,383,339 times
We had a guy at a place I once worked that was always bumming food. If he saw you with your lunch pail he'd ask what you had and always want some. A young lady got tired of his mooching and decided to make him a "special sandwhich". She took a can of cat food, spread it on the bread and topped it with lettuce. When he came mooching, she gave him the sandwhich (of course everyone was watching). As he ate the "tuna sandwhich" laughter erupted and over the intercom was a loud "meowing". For weeks he was asked such things as "How are ya?" "Feeling a little Frisky?" His nickname became "Morris".

Old 02-15-2008, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
We had a guy at a place I once worked that was always bumming food. If he saw you with your lunch pail he'd ask what you had and always want some. A young lady got tired of his mooching and decided to make him a "special sandwhich". She took a can of cat food, spread it on the bread and topped it with lettuce. When he came mooching, she gave him the sandwhich (of course everyone was watching). As he ate the "tuna sandwhich" laughter erupted and over the intercom was a loud "meowing". For weeks he was asked such things as "How are ya?" "Feeling a little Frisky?" His nickname became "Morris".
LOLROTF,,,,, too funny

Old 02-15-2008, 06:22 PM

24,468 posts, read 26,003,936 times
Well, proably the worst one I did was plant a tape recorder in the bedroom of a couple of newly wed friends on their first night together and played it back to them the next day. Ahh so long ago.

Old 02-15-2008, 06:42 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
I like practical jokes..he..he..he ! When I was married I played lots of jokes on the hubby...he..he !

I once molded a Cliff bar to look like doggie poo and placed it on the floor in front of my son ( he was about 1 yo ) called for hubby to come in from garage to find son trying to eat dog poo, I was peaking around the corner, when hubby came in I stepped out and said "OMG, he's eating dog poop", It was hilarious, but he got mad at me...oh well.
My husband wanted to float a bite sized "Baby Ruth" candy in the pool at a party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics