Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 08:33 AM

4,834 posts, read 6,121,065 times

Advertisements

The dumbest question ever asked of me came from a woman in a bar years ago.

She asked "How many downs does the quarterback get before he can call timeout and go pee?"....and she asked this with a straight face....cannot recall if she was blonde
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 08:41 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,111,194 times
rofl unclebatz
oops I once asked a question along the same lines
only my question was directly to a player "what do you do when you have to go to the bathroom"

this is a great thread !!!

ooo Can you ask if they can move this to other topics so us "non sports folks" can share the questions we have asked.
I think more folks would see it over there.

I am not a a sports expert at all
don't laugh but until a few years ago I though the same group of guys played the who game
I had no idea there was offense,defense and that specials team thingy
So believe me I have asked some real doozies !!!

My "dear" hubby almost fell of the couch laughing last night when I asked "Is the quarterback suppose to be bouncing on the ground so much"

I have also learned that you don't ask a player "Whats your job?" lol I learned pretty fast it's "position played"

lol I am now on a 3 question per game limit.

Last edited by FLPL75; 02-04-2008 at 08:51 AM.. Reason: forgot to answer the question

Old 02-04-2008, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
rofl unclebatz

ooo Can you ask if they can move this to other topics so us "non sports folks" can share the questions we have asked.
I think more folks would see it over there
I will certainly ask, Karla, and I would have posted it in Other Topics but feared it would only get tossed into sports.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:45 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,642,890 times
What's all this talk about tights ends and deep penetration? I'm really starting to worry about you guys.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:51 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,363,453 times
I overheard some girls talking about the Super Bowl yesterday and I had to laugh out loud at one of their questions. One of the girls asks "whos playing in the Super Bowl this year"? The other girl correctly stated "the Patriots and Giants", to which I was quite astonished. lol Then the other girl asked "so who does the winner play next?" LMBO

Old 02-04-2008, 01:36 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,859,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
... to which I was quite astonished. lol Then the other girl asked "so who does the winner play next?" LMBO
LOL.. That is funny! If I were over there I probably would have answered, "They play whoever wins the Pro Bowl next week!"

Old 02-04-2008, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K
rofl unclebatz

I think more folks would see it over there

I will certainly ask, Karla, and I would have posted it in Other Topics but feared it would only get tossed into sports.

Well, Karla, as if by magic markablue accommodated me. Now, I hope it draws our regs in here to post.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:06 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,143,589 times
Talking I knew I can top ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBatz View Post
The dumbest question ever asked of me came from a woman in a bar years ago.

She asked "How many downs does the quarterback get before he can call timeout and go pee?"....and she asked this with a straight face....cannot recall if she was blonde
I am so, so, soooo uninterested in sports (as a matter of fact, can't even stand the noise on TV) that up until recently I never was sure which one is the football ball and which one is the baseball ball. At some point I remember getting it right... then I forgot again... I believe I got it down the last time a coworker told me to associate the football ball with foot (thus the longer one! ) I'm pretty sure the Super Bowl is about football! And I happened to hear it took place in my home state. That was a little hard to ignore... Before it, though, I completely innocently asked somebody if he's going to the game since it's in AZ... That's when I found out the tickets start at 4K! Well, no wonder the players make millions if there are enough idiots (pardon my French) to pay such outrageous and totally ridiculous prices.

Now, I grew up in a country where soccer was big, so I do know that ball! For some reason the soccer commentators were really good at putting me to sleep. I miss that!

On the bright side, if you try to nail something down in a woman's head you may eventually succeed... An ex of mine was talking so much about somebody Gardner that I still remember him. Never knew what he plays... (probably Mike can help me out here - he was local) I believe I was told it was basketball... Not sure. Men, get buddies! I don't wanna hear about it... it goes into one and straight out of the other... and annoys me in the meantime!

P.S. I'm a brunette and I like it. Having zero interest in sports has nothing to do with hair color or intellectual abilities. It's in the chromosomes (to be fair, I do know a few women who pretend to care and even some who actually do, but they're definitely in the minority). How much do YOU care about interior design if I may ask?!

Old 02-04-2008, 06:13 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,143,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
lol I am now on a 3 question per game limit.
Gee, if you can actually be around the noise produced by a game my hat goes off to ya!

Old 02-04-2008, 06:16 PM

sierraAZ;

Thank you for that truly amazing and highly entertaining, if not educating, dissertation!
No, I have no interest in interior designing but my Wife has HGTV and other channels on so much I now know the difference between a blanket and a throw........like it or not.

Thank you for your contribution. Oh yes, soccer, not isn't that regarded as "futbol?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics