Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 01:33 AM

16,913 posts, read 16,235,965 times

Advertisements

After a very lovely few months vacation:

~ What is a good thing to do with cream cheese?

~ A frozen food or three that is good:

~ Have you ever had shrimp scampi or any seafood with butter & garlic?

~ Do you like roast beef?

~ Have you ever seen someone playing with an Xbox or Sony PlayStation?

~ Do you ever make garlic bread or toasted bread-anything in the oven?

~ Let's hear about the last pizza that you had:

~ Do you ever buy frozen corn?

~ Do you ever buy anything from the 'deli' department in your grocery store?

~ Do you like Key Lime pie?

~ Is there any stuffing in your house?

~ What kind of soap do you bathe with?

~ Does your mail carrier put mail in your mailbox that shouldn't be in your mailbox?

~ Do you like going into a music store and seeing all the musical instruments, some beautiful and some not?

~ Do you have a mat at your door?

~ Have you sat outside during the past week?

~ Have you any memories of awesome wildlife you have seen in your lifetime?

***** Do come again. I've been feeding the birds and squirrels. *****
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2015, 01:58 AM

10,228 posts, read 16,377,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

~ What is a good thing to do with cream cheese? I like a thick slather in a sandwich with turkey or bay shrimp and olives.

~ A frozen food or three that is good: I do like Stouffer's Mac 'n Cheese, and Marie Callendar's Lemon Meringue Pie.

~ Have you ever had shrimp scampi or any seafood with butter & garlic? YES! Yum!

~ Do you like roast beef? Love it!

~ Have you ever seen someone playing with an Xbox or Sony PlayStation? No. I don't pay attention to those things.

~ Do you ever make garlic bread or toasted bread-anything in the oven? With lots of garlic.

~ Let's hear about the last pizza that you had: It was a slice of plain cheese at a pizzeria last week.

~ Do you ever buy frozen corn? Occasionally.

~ Do you ever buy anything from the 'deli' department in your grocery store? Not often.

~ Do you like Key Lime pie? Yes.

~ Is there any stuffing in your house? Yes.

~ What kind of soap do you bathe with? Usually scented bars but occasionally a liquid alternative. Tonight I used a liquid eucalyptus-spearmint soap.

~ Does your mail carrier put mail in your mailbox that shouldn't be in your mailbox? No.

~ Do you like going into a music store and seeing all the musical instruments, some beautiful and some not? If I'm in there for something else. I do like to look at instruments.

~ Do you have a mat at your door? Yes.

~ Have you sat outside during the past week? No. Been either too wet or too cold.

~ Have you any memories of awesome wildlife you have seen in your lifetime? No, not really.

Thanks, Roosty. TGIF, everyone!

Old 12-04-2015, 02:20 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,855,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

Make cream cheese icing for a red velvet or carrot cake, or both!

Lean Cuisine Fajita-Style Chicken Spring Rolls

Garlic butter shrimp are delicious, as is crab meat, both with a little lemon!

Well-done.

Garlic bread & cheese toast

Pepperoni & jalapeno pizza

The niblets and on-the-cob.

Deli meats & cheeses, preferably Boar's Head, the maple-glazed honey turkey breast & the cream havarti w/jalapeno cheese are my favorites.

Just dressing eaters here for Thanksgiving & Christmas.

Dove Liquid

~ Does your mail carrier put mail in your mailbox that shouldn't be in your mailbox?
If you mean other people's mail, it happens occasionally... I just take it & put it in the right box.

~ Do you like going into a music store and seeing all the musical instruments, some beautiful and some not?
Not really since I don't play any.

Two, one on the porch outside of the door & one inside of it.

Watched the American robin migration.

Most all I have seen are right here that are easy to spot almost daily, except bear & moose.

Thanks roosty for Friday's QotD, good to see you back!
Hats off to PJ as well, she did an awesome job subbing in your absence!

Happy Friday All, Keep Smiling!

Old 12-04-2015, 02:20 AM

62,529 posts, read 88,597,252 times
A cheese cake??

Plain fruit and veggies, ice cream...

... drooling...

Very much!!!

Kids...

Yes, I do Hawaiian toast in my convection oven (use banana instead of pineapple), or avocado, white cheddar & tomato, grilled cheese... I also like to use pita bread for that.

Thin crust dough, tomato sauce, tuna or salmon, very thinly sliced onion, few sliced olives, cheese on the top. Yum!!

Spoiler

Yes.

Sometimes. But I like to do my own salads. (chicken, tuna, etc.)

I don't care for pies.

No.

This: love the scent!
Spoiler

Just because of all that junk mail I used to get, I have POBox now. No errors there.

Sometimes.

Yes.

Yes. It's getting finally a little-bit cooler here...

Yes, bison in Wyoming. Other than that - wildlife in zoos.

Squirrels feed themselves on my pecans, but I do feed the birds

Thank you, roosty!
TGIF, peeps!!

Last edited by elnina; 12-04-2015 at 09:37 AM..

Old 12-04-2015, 02:37 AM

16,805 posts, read 17,573,189 times
Good morning roosty and all! Good to hear from you roosty!

~ What is a good thing to do with cream cheese? Eat it?

~ A frozen food or three that is good: I have literally just taken some pain au raisin, that came frozen, out of the oven! Eating it now.

~ Have you ever had shrimp scampi or any seafood with butter & garlic? A while back.

~ Have you ever seen someone playing with an Xbox or Sony PlayStation? I think so.

~ Do you ever make garlic bread or toasted bread-anything in the oven? Not that, but I've made bread.

~ Let's hear about the last pizza that you had: Can't remember as it was years ago.

~ Do you ever buy frozen corn? Sometimes.

~ Do you ever buy anything from the 'deli' department in your grocery store? Scotch eggs once in a while.

~ Do you like Key Lime pie? It's quite nice.

~ Is there any stuffing in your house? I think so.

~ What kind of soap do you bathe with? I like L'Occitane Verbena but use an ordinary soap most of the time.

~ Does your mail carrier put mail in your mailbox that shouldn't be in your mailbox? The regular postie doesn't but the stand in one does sometimes despite the notice not to put junk mail through.

~ Do you like going into a music store and seeing all the musical instruments, some beautiful and some not? I used to accompany Miss J to these stores. She was highly proficient at flute and saxaphone and still plays her saxaphone a bit.

~ Have you sat outside during the past week? Yes, whilst sorting out outdoor lights.

~ Have you any memories of awesome wildlife you have seen in your lifetime? Many. I missed the best one on film- a breaching whale, but this is good;

Thanks roosty!

Old 12-04-2015, 03:07 AM

21,730 posts, read 8,867,054 times
Welcome back, roosty! I missed you.

I like to spread it on a hot, toasted bagel.

Trader Joe's sweet potato fries

Yes, many times. Scampi is the Italian word for shrimp, so if you say "shrimp scampi," you are saying "shrimp shrimp."

Love it but don't have it very often. There are only two in our household, and a whole roast seems like too much.

Only on TV

Yes, I usually serve garlic bread with spaghetti. I prefer mine with so much garlic in it that after you eat it, you're so nuclear you could set off a Geiger counter.

It was a vegetarian pizza made with pesto, mozzarella, roasted red pepper, zucchini, mushrooms, red onions and eggplant. I sprinkled some red pepper flakes on top to give it that extra little kick.

Yes, I like it much better than shucking ears of fresh corn and trying to get all the silk off.

Not very often. The last thing I bought was a whole roast chicken.

Love, love, love it!

There's half a box of cornbread stuffing mix. I used the other half at Thanksgiving, augmented with my own sauteed onion, celery, mushrooms and parsley.

Mistral Lavender.

Once in a while that happens. A few years ago we had a new mail carrier who made a lot of mistakes, but I don't think he is on our route any more. I either put the misdelivered mail back in a mailbox or, if the addressee lives on our street, I'll drop it in their mail slot.

Yes, I love music and am fascinated by musical instruments. I wish I had the talent to play, but I'm an amateur at best. Some of us are gifted; people like me have to resign ourselves to being an appreciative audience for the gifted ones.

Yes, it's a standard one, the type that is made from links of recycled tires. Nothing fancy, but it does the job.

No, it's been a little bit too chilly. I've gone outside to watch the sunset a couple of times, though.

I haven't been on any safaris or anything like that, so the most exotic animals I've seen have been at the zoo. I think giraffes are pretty awesome, and tropical birds fascinate me.

Thanks, roosty! It's good to have you back.

Last edited by Bayarea4; 12-04-2015 at 03:21 AM..

Old 12-04-2015, 03:47 AM

11,446 posts, read 9,393,489 times
Welcome back! This is a big surprise. I tried to send you a DM when I noticed you online 2 weeks ago but it bounced back due to your full DM box.

~ What is a good thing to do with cream cheese? I have not had any in a long time but I have had it before on a variety of bread including bagels and English muffins.

~ A frozen food or three that is good: Besides ice cream I only buy Amy's or Trader Joe's dinners. Not all but some of their selections are very good. I have one about 3 times per month and usually with fresh vegetables.

~ Have you ever had shrimp scampi or any seafood with butter & garlic? - I can't eat shrimp.

~ Do you like roast beef? I hardly ever eat red meat anymore.

~ Have you ever seen someone playing with an Xbox or Sony PlayStation? I know nothing about this nor do I want to. I'm sure this is hard to believe for most but I have never actually seen anyone using one. I have heard of them...

~ Do you ever make garlic bread or toasted bread-anything in the oven? - I sometimes buy French bread and heat it in the oven.

~ Let's hear about the last pizza that you had: Last night - I sauteed two kinds of fresh mushrooms with extra garlic. When done and after draining I smothered the top of the pizza.

~ Do you ever buy frozen corn? - No, I cannot digest corn.

Cheese and sometimes potato salad. Rarely anything else.

~ Do you like Key Lime pie? - Yes, but have not had it in a long time.

~ Is there any stuffing in your house? - Nope.

~ What kind of soap do you bathe with? I forgot the brand but I bought it at the local organic market, a small company that I am sure no one has heard of.

~ Does your mail carrier put mail in your mailbox that shouldn't be in your mailbox? Sometimes, there is one (?) here who crams the mail in the mailbox. If I had a camera I would take a pictures and go down to the post office to find out why. I usually do not like confrontations and I have seen different carriers delivering here. I get a lot of unwanted junk mail. I wish that would stop.

~ Do you like going into a music store and seeing all the musical instruments, some beautiful and some not? I have not been inside one in decades. But it would be a cool thing to do.

~ Do you have a mat at your door? - No.

~ Have you sat outside during the past week? - Last Thursday at the local lake.

Thanks, rainroosty.
Happy Friday to all!

Old 12-04-2015, 03:53 AM

15,443 posts, read 21,496,143 times
~ What is a good thing to do with cream cheese? Eat it on a hot bagel.

~ A frozen food or three that is good: Chocolate ice cream.

~ Have you ever had shrimp scampi or any seafood with butter & garlic? Yes.

~ Do you like roast beef? Love it.

~ Have you ever seen someone playing with an Xbox or Sony PlayStation? Sure.

~ Do you ever make garlic bread or toasted bread-anything in the oven? Yes.

~ Let's hear about the last pizza that you had: That would be a frozen pepperoni.

~ Do you ever buy frozen corn? Yes.

~ Do you ever buy anything from the 'deli' department in your grocery store? Yes.

~ Do you like Key Lime pie? Like it a lot.

~ Is there any stuffing in your house? All gone now.

~ What kind of soap do you bathe with? Safeguard usually.

~ Does your mail carrier put mail in your mailbox that shouldn't be in your mailbox? Not in the six years we have been out here. We possibly have the world's best mail carrier here at the farm.

Now ask me when was the last time FedEx brought my mail to my house and not my neighbor's.

~ Do you like going into a music store and seeing all the musical instruments, some beautiful and some not? It's been a while but yes. It's one of the few places left where you can still get close to hand craftsmanship. And for a few thousand dollars some of that craftsmanship is still American-made.

~ Do you have a mat at your door? At both ends of the house.

~ Have you sat outside during the past week? Probably will today.

~ Have you any memories of awesome wildlife you have seen in your lifetime? Lot of memories both from my childhood on a farm and from work.

Thanks for asking Rainroosty.

Old 12-04-2015, 04:21 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,877,050 times

~ What is a good thing to do with cream cheese? Have it with salmon and hot pepper jelly

~ A frozen food or three that is good: Corn, peas...... mango sorbet!

~ Have you ever had shrimp scampi or any seafood with butter & garlic? Have. I like shrimp, broccoli, butter, garlic and parsley.

~ Do you like roast beef? Eh...

~ Have you ever seen someone playing with an Xbox or Sony PlayStation? Seen

~ Do you ever make garlic bread or toasted bread-anything in the oven? Do make garlic bread, also bruschetta

~ Let's hear about the last pizza that you had: Seldom have pizza. It was probably just a cheese pizza, since that's what the little ones like.

~ Do you ever buy frozen corn? Do. I've been thinking about corn chowder lately.

~ Do you ever buy anything from the 'deli' department in your grocery store? Cheese, sometimes sandwich meats

~ Do you like Key Lime pie? Don't remember ever having any

~ Is there any stuffing in your house? I make stuffing from scratch, so no.... No stuffing left from Thanksgiving.

~ What kind of soap do you bathe with? Liquid

~ Does your mail carrier put mail in your mailbox that shouldn't be in your mailbox? Sometimes it's hung on the side of the box, sometimes he drives up and leaves things by the back door. Oh, read that wrong. Yeah, sometimes I get neighbor's mail. I just walk up the road and put it in their mailbox. NBD...

~ Do you like going into a music store and seeing all the musical instruments, some beautiful and some not? Love, love, love......

~ Do you have a mat at your door? Do not

~ Have you sat outside during the past week? Not sat, but I'm outside every day with the kids at recess. You can't sit with 80 fifth graders running around. You'd be trampled!

~ Have you any memories of awesome wildlife you have seen in your lifetime? I often watch deer and turkeys in the fields and have had a black bear on my porch a couple times. Once followed a moose walking along the side of the road.

***** Do come again. I've been feeding the birds and squirrels. ***** Feed the birds... Tuppence a bag.

Nice to have you back, Roosty! Thank you, PJ, for all the Frydays you posted questions! Happy day, all!!

Last edited by kpinvt; 12-04-2015 at 04:33 AM..

Old 12-04-2015, 05:11 AM

126,522 posts, read 19,268,793 times
After a very lovely few months vacation: Welcome back roosty

~ What is a good thing to do with cream cheese? make a herb cream cheese log or have on a bagel with smoked salmon,onions,capers

~ A frozen food or three that is good: any Green Giant frozen vegetables,ice cream or sherbets

~ Have you ever had shrimp scampi or any seafood with butter & garlic? yes

~ Do you like roast beef? used to

~ Have you ever seen someone playing with an Xbox or Sony PlayStation? my whole family does

~ Do you ever make garlic bread or toasted bread-anything in the oven? yes when we have pizza or pasta dishes

~ Let's hear about the last pizza that you had: I made on the weekend my own vegetable pizza with Durum flour,flax seeds,olive oil,tomato sauce,garlic,ginger,tomato slices,green Bell peppers,green olives,onions and old Canadian cheddar cheese

~ Do you ever buy frozen corn? in winter I do

~ Do you ever buy anything from the 'deli' department in your grocery store? yes for my son cold cuts and also a variety of cheeses

~ Do you like Key Lime pie? I love it and wished I could have it again

~ Is there any stuffing in your house? only feathers in the pillows and quilts/Duvets

~ What kind of soap do you bathe with? Nivea liquid soap

~ Does your mail carrier put mail in your mailbox that shouldn't be in your mailbox? yes it happens quite frequently

~ Do you like going into a music store and seeing all the musical instruments, some beautiful and some not? yes I love to and before I know a hour or more has passed.I love trying out some of the instruments

~ Do you have a mat at your door? yes

~ Have you sat outside during the past week? nope too rainy or too cold

~ Have you any memories of awesome wildlife you have seen in your lifetime? yes from deer,wild boar in Bavaria to moose,black bear,salmon,Orca and dolphin,skunk,opossum,muskrat all in Canada.In Africa as a child I saw crocodiles,cheetahs,giraffes and elephants. I already than was taken by its beauty of all the wildlife. Years ago when we visited India we saw wild baboons in the city everywhere you had to hold on to your belongings or they just came up from nowhere and grabbed it. I also saw camels and elephants. But what really mesmerized me was a snake handler who had in possession a few cobras were they ever gorgeous.

THANK YOU roosty and welcome back you were missed although we had a great substitute in Pammy Everyone have a marvelous weekend !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics