Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 10:13 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,341,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
Greetings, earthlings! I spaced out having to do the Fryday Questions and was just about to go to bed when I realized it's Thursday night and my turn. Thank goodness I remembered now. I wouldn't want a couple dozen people going through QOTD withdrawal. (Please keep in mind that it's well after midnight and I'm extremely tired, so if some questions have been recently asked, let me slide this time. Without further ado, scroll on down for

TODAY'S QUESTIONS!

Have you ever remembered late at night, or in the middle of the night after you've gone to bed, that you forgot to do something important and you had to do it right then and there? Never in the middle of night, but once in a while I do hop out before I go to sleep to do something I forgot beforehand.

Have you ever forgotten an appointment and didn't realize it until someone asked where you were? Once, and it was a job interview! I was sick and totally spaced it. Surprisingly, they offered another chance.

Are you punctual, chronically late, or somewhere in between? For the job, I get there right on time. For things like socials (dinners, parties) I get there at the time given. For anything else, I'm usually early.

Have you ever gotten out of bed in the middle of the night to jot down a note about something you need to do the next day? No.

LET'S TALK FOOTBALL!

When is the last time you watched a football game on TV? Watched some of the Stanford-Ducks game.

Who played, and who won? Did the team you were rooting for win? Ducks, and yes.

If you never watch football, is there any other sport you like to watch on TV? NBA.

In 1971 I had the pleasure, along with several fellow members from my church's youth group, to have dinner at a restaurant with the Chicago Cubs baseball team. I sat at a table with Billy Williams, Ron Santo and Fergie Jenkins and their wives. Have you ever met a famous athlete? If so, tell us about it. Maurice Lucas of the Trailblazers. He used to come to our office all the time for events he was involved in. Very nice person.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you have an Android phone? Nope.

If so, do you know how to download apps and use them?

Have you ever deposited a check into your bank account by photographing it with your cell phone and sending it electronically? Nope.

Do you have a land line telephone in your home? Yes.

JUST FOR FUN

How many family newsletters to you think you'll receive via snail mail this holiday season? None, unless one of my husband's sisters decide to do it.

Do you like to receive family newsletters? I prefer cards but newsletters are fine.

Have you ever composed and mailed a family newsletter? Once.

IF YOU HAD TO CHOOSE, WOULD YOU RATHER:
  • change an infant's diaper or shovel snow?
  • eat a PB&J sandwich or a meatball sub? I like both.
  • take a walk in the woods or go for a drive out in the country?
  • play Trivial Pursuit or watch Jeopardy! on TV?
  • shampoo your carpet or scrub your kitchen floor by hand?
  • spend 2 hours in a bookstore or in a clothing store?
  • paddle a kayak on a river or ride a motorcycle?
THE HOME STRETCH

Are you wearing socks right now? Yep.

Have you ever worn socks to bed? All the time.

Does the shirt or top you are wearing right now have no sleeves, short sleeves, 3/4 sleeves or long sleeves? I'm in a robe - with long furry sleeves.

Are you wearing anything green? Nope. My robe is as blue as this font.

When was the last time you wore flip-flops? Probably September.

When was the last time you wore boots? Earlier last week.

I'm about to fall asleep, so that's all for now, folks. Have yourselves a fantastic Fryday and don't do anything I wouldn't do (which won't limit you all that much ). Be kind to others, and y'all come back her next Fryday for another installment of whacky questions from Yours Truly.

Thanks, Pats. Happy post-Thanksgiving-Black Friday, everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2015, 10:36 AM

2,292 posts, read 1,439,758 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS!

Have you ever remembered late at night, or in the middle of the night after you've gone to bed, that you forgot to do something important and you had to do it right then and there?

Yes.

Have you ever forgotten an appointment and didn't realize it until someone asked where you were?

Not sure I understand.

Are you punctual, chronically late, or somewhere in between?

Try to be punctual.

Have you ever gotten out of bed in the middle of the night to jot down a note about something you need to do the next day?

I don't have to get out of bed for that.

LET'S TALK FOOTBALL!

When is the last time you watched a football game on TV?

Who played, and who won? Did the team you were rooting for win?

If you never watch football, is there any other sport you like to watch on TV?

Blah.

In 1971 I had the pleasure, along with several fellow members from my church's youth group, to have dinner at a restaurant with the Chicago Cubs baseball team. I sat at a table with Billy Williams, Ron Santo and Fergie Jenkins and their wives. Have you ever met a famous athlete? If so, tell us about it.

Not sure. I did meet Rudy Tomjanovich, former Houston Rockets coach. I think he was involved with the L.A. Lakers as well somehow.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you have an Android phone?

I have two that I don't use. I'm using an iPhone right now.

Yes.

Have you ever deposited a check into your bank account by photographing it with your cell phone and sending it electronically?

No.

Do you have a land line telephone in your home?

Yes, I have to have one for something.

JUST FOR FUN

How many family newsletters to you think you'll receive via snail mail this holiday season?

Do you like to receive family newsletters?

Have you ever composed and mailed a family newsletter?

I've only ever gotten them from one person. My second cousin. They've had some conflict within their family and no longer send them out.

• change an infant's diaper or shovel snow?

Snow. Which I'll never have to do unless I move.

• eat a PB&J sandwich or a meatball sub?

Peanut butter but without jelly. Maybe apricot preserves, but likely not.

• take a walk in the woods or go for a drive out in the country?

Walk.

• play Trivial Pursuit or watch Jeopardy! on TV?

Trivial Pursuit.
  • shampoo your carpet or scrub your kitchen floor by hand?

Kitchen floor.
  • spend 2 hours in a bookstore or in a clothing store?

Neither really.
  • paddle a kayak on a river or ride a motorcycle?

[Never done either.

THE HOME STRETCH

Are you wearing socks right now?

Yes.

Have you ever worn socks to bed?

Yes, but I usually end up taking them off.

Does the shirt or top you are wearing right now have no sleeves, short sleeves, 3/4 sleeves or long sleeves?

Short.

Are you wearing anything green?

No.

When was the last time you wore flip-flops?

Couple of weeks ago.

When was the last time you wore boots?

The last time I had some. Not a big fan of boots.

Old 11-27-2015, 10:43 AM

24,583 posts, read 26,142,929 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS!

Have you ever remembered late at night, or in the middle of the night after you've gone to bed, that you forgot to do something important and you had to do it right then and there?
Yep

Have you ever forgotten an appointment and didn't realize it until someone asked where you were?
Nope

Have you ever gotten out of bed in the middle of the night to jot down a note about something you need to do the next day?
Oh yes, usually work related.

LET'S TALK FOOTBALL!

Yesterday.

Cowboys vs Panthers. Panthers won and I'm good with that.

Baseball, most summer and winter Olympics, and motor sports.

In 1971 I had the pleasure, along with several fellow members from my church's youth group, to have dinner at a restaurant with the Chicago Cubs baseball team. I sat at a table with Billy Williams, Ron Santo and Fergie Jenkins and their wives. Have you ever met a famous athlete? If so, tell us about it.
Roman Gabriel and Mike Garrett, both pro football players.

BONUS QUESTIONS

iPhone here.

Yep

Have you ever deposited a check into your bank account by photographing it with your cell phone and sending it electronically?
No way.

We do.

JUST FOR FUN

How many family newsletters to you think you'll receive via snail mail this holiday season?
None from family, maybe 2 from friends.

Ya

No

change an infant's diaper or shovel snow?
eat a PB&J sandwich or a meatball sub?
take a walk in the woods or go for a drive out in the country?
play Trivial Pursuit or watch Jeopardy! on TV?
shampoo your carpet or scrub your kitchen floor by hand?
spend 2 hours in a bookstore or in a clothing store?
paddle a kayak on a river or ride a motorcycle?

THE HOME STRETCH

Have you ever worn socks to bed?

Does the shirt or top you are wearing right now have no sleeves, , 3/4 sleeves or long sleeves?

I'm about to fall asleep, so that's all for now, folks. Have yourselves a fantastic Fryday and don't do anything I wouldn't do (which won't limit you all that much ). Be kind to others, and y'all come back her next Fryday for another installment of whacky questions from Yours Truly.
Thanx PJ, hope you got a good nights sleep.

Old 11-27-2015, 01:11 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,844,107 times
[quote=PJSinger;42080697]Greetings, earthlings! I spaced out having to do the Fryday Questions and was just about to go to bed when I realized it's Thursday night and my turn. Thank goodness I remembered now. I wouldn't want a couple dozen people going through QOTD withdrawal. (Please keep in mind that it's well after midnight and I'm extremely tired, so if some questions have been recently asked, let me slide this time. Without further ado, scroll on down for

Aww thank you Pam. You're very sweet
TODAY'S QUESTIONS!

Only that I forgot to clean the cat box Meh, it can wait.
No not yet.
Punctual within ten minutes or so.
No way, especially if the pillow is just right.

LET'S TALK FOOTBALL!

Kill me now. Lucille came over last night after my other friend left and we watched a movie because her husband was watching football.

:h amd:
Ernie Banks when I was really little.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Yes.
Not many.
Technotard
Yes with Uma. It's only $6 a month. Love it.

JUST FOR FUN

Zero.
John's family

• change an infant's diaper or shovel snow? Snow snow snow snow and snow
  • eat a PB&J sandwich or a meatball sub? PB&J
  • take a walk in the woods or go for a drive out in the country? Walk in the woods.
  • play Trivial Pursuit or watch Jeopardy! on TV? Trivial Pursuit but only if there's lots of wine too.
  • shampoo your carpet or scrub your kitchen floor by hand? I'll wash the kitchen floor, we don't have any carpet.
  • spend 2 hours in a bookstore or in a clothing store? Clothing store.
  • paddle a kayak on a river or ride a motorcycle? Kayak.

THE HOME STRETCH

Yes and I never got around to taking my boots off either.
Have you ever worn socks to bed? I never wear anything to bed

Does the shirt or top you are wearing right now have no sleeves, short sleeves, 3/4 sleeves or long sleeves?
Long sleeves.
Nope
Last summer.
Today. I bought them for $20 and they're so comfortable. My feet are really hot right now.

Thanks Pam. You're amazing

Old 11-27-2015, 02:44 PM

7,359 posts, read 2,754,568 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS!

Have you ever remembered late at night, or in the middle of the night after you've gone to bed, that you forgot to do something important and you had to do it right then and there? Yep.

Have you ever forgotten an appointment and didn't realize it until someone asked where you were? No, thankfully.

Are you punctual, chronically late, or somewhere in between? Punctual and usually a little early.

No

LET'S TALK FOOTBALL!

When is the last time you watched a football game on TV? I do not remember. I watch baseball.

If you never watch football, is there any other sport you like to watch on TV? Baseball!!

In 1971 I had the pleasure, along with several fellow members from my church's youth group, to have dinner at a restaurant with the Chicago Cubs baseball team. I sat at a table with Billy Williams, Ron Santo and Fergie Jenkins and their wives. Have you ever met a famous athlete? If so, tell us about it. No, but there are several I would have liked to have met over the years.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you have an Android phone? Nope

If so, do you know how to download apps and use them? Nope

Have you ever deposited a check into your bank account by photographing it with your cell phone and sending it electronically? Nope

Do you have a land line telephone in your home? Yes

JUST FOR FUN

How many family newsletters to you think you'll receive via snail mail this holiday season? Probably none

Do you like to receive family newsletters? Meh

Have you ever composed and mailed a family newsletter? No. I would rather write individual letters.

• change an infant's diaper or shovel snow? Depends on the diaper.
  • eat a PB&J sandwich or a meatball sub? PB&J
  • take a walk in the woods or go for a drive out in the country? Walk
  • play Trivial Pursuit or watch Jeopardy! on TV? Either one. I love Trivial Pursuit and Jeopardy is my favorite TV show.
  • shampoo your carpet or scrub your kitchen floor by hand? Scrub the kitchen floor
  • spend 2 hours in a bookstore or in a clothing store? Bookstore hands down. Two hours would not be long enough.
  • paddle a kayak on a river or ride a motorcycle? Neither.
THE HOME STRETCH

Are you wearing socks right now? Yes. It turned cool today.

Have you ever worn socks to bed? Not that I remember

Does the shirt or top you are wearing right now have no sleeves, short sleeves, 3/4 sleeves or long sleeves? Short sleeves

Are you wearing anything green? Nope

When was the last time you wore flip-flops? Yesterday

When was the last time you wore boots? Years and years ago.

Thanks Pam. Happy Friday to all.

Old 11-27-2015, 05:26 PM

44,413 posts, read 20,164,065 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS!

Have you ever remembered late at night, or in the middle of the night after you've gone to bed, that you forgot to do something important and you had to do it right then and there? It has happened to me a few times, including last night re: these Fryday questions!

Have you ever forgotten an appointment and didn't realize it until someone asked where you were? Not yet, but I'm having to write notes to myself in more than one place to remind me of scheduled appointments. Otherwise, I could forget. It's getting worse as I age.

Are you punctual, chronically late, or somewhere in between? I've always been punctual. My parents were anal about being on time, and I am as well.

Have you ever gotten out of bed in the middle of the night to jot down a note about something you need to do the next day? Yep. I do this every once in a while; several times a year.

LET'S TALK FOOTBALL!

When is the last time you watched a football game on TV? Yesterday.

Who played, and who won? Chicago Bears v. Green Bay Packers. Did the team you were rooting for win? It sure as heck did! The Bears beat the Pack at Lambeau field. It doesn't get any better than that!

If you never watch football, is there any other sport you like to watch on TV? I don't like watching a lot of sports on TV, but in addition to football I love watching the Olympics, both summer and winter games.

In 1971 I had the pleasure, along with several fellow members from my church's youth group, to have dinner at a restaurant with the Chicago Cubs baseball team. I sat at a table with Billy Williams, Ron Santo and Fergie Jenkins and their wives. Have you ever met a famous athlete? If so, tell us about it. I already did.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you have an Android phone? I just got my first Android a week ago. It was a nightmare getting it going because the phone service provider accidentally made a typo in someone else's phone serial number. It screwed up my entire account (I've been with the company for more than 10 years) and they thought there was a security breach. It took me several days and many hours on online chats and phone calls to get it all straightened out. So much for enjoying my new purchase.

If so, do you know how to download apps and use them? I haven't downloaded any apps yet because I'm having difficulty connecting to the Internet. Now my phone/system won't accept the password for my router and I can't get the Internet at home. Boy, I hate technology problems! Grrrrrrr. At least I'm able to make and receive calls and texts. The rest will come in time.

Have you ever deposited a check into your bank account by photographing it with your cell phone and sending it electronically? I haven't yet, but hope to be able to do it by next payday. We don't have direct deposit at my job, and often I'm unable to get to the bank for up to 4 days after payday. A good part of the reason why I bought the fancy phone was so I can use it to deposit my checks.

Do you have a land line telephone in your home? Yep.

JUST FOR FUN

How many family newsletters to you think you'll receive via snail mail this holiday season? Probably 6 or 7.

Do you like to receive family newsletters? No. I have an intense dislike for them.

Have you ever composed and mailed a family newsletter? Nope. Never gonna happen.

• change an infant's diaper or shovel snow? shovel snow
  • eat a PB&J sandwich or a meatball sub? PB&J, only because I haven't had one for years and have been in the mood for one lately.
  • take a walk in the woods or go for a drive out in the country? walk in the woods
  • play Trivial Pursuit or watch Jeopardy! on TV? watch Jeopardy!
  • shampoo your carpet or scrub your kitchen floor by hand? scrub the flood
  • spend 2 hours in a bookstore or in a clothing store? bookstore - Until I lose some weight, the clothing store is not my friend.
  • paddle a kayak on a river or ride a motorcycle? paddle a kayak
THE HOME STRETCH

Are you wearing socks right now? Yepper.

Have you ever worn socks to bed? Yes; sometimes in winter I do. My house is 100 years old and drafty. I takes my feet a while to warm up when I go to bed, so sometimes I wear socks and kick them off in the middle of the night when I'm all toasty.

Does the shirt or top you are wearing right now have no sleeves, short sleeves, 3/4 sleeves or long sleeves? 3/4 sleeves. When I wrote these questions last night, I was wearing a top with long sleeves.

Are you wearing anything green? Yep. I have some sage-green Crocs on right now, which I wear instead of slippers occasionally. I had to step outside a bit ago to take some trash out and slipped the Crocs on to do that,

When was the last time you wore flip-flops? I've never liked wearing flip-flops. The last time I tried them out was on a cruise 2.5 years ago. I wore them briefly the first day and haven't worn them since.

When was the last time you wore boots? I wore boots this past week after we had our first snow of the season. I last wore them on Tuesday.

Time to have some leftover turkey and gravy. TTFN, kids!
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-27-2015 at 05:50 PM..

Old 11-27-2015, 06:35 PM

7,402 posts, read 5,517,023 times
Greetings, earthlings! [/b] I spaced out having to do the Fryday Questions and was just about to go to bed when I realized it's Thursday night and my turn. Thank goodness I remembered now. I wouldn't want a couple dozen people going through QOTD withdrawal. (Please keep in mind that it's well after midnight and I'm extremely tired, so if some questions have been recently asked, let me slide this time. Without further ado, scroll on down for[/color][/font]

TODAY'S QUESTIONS!

Have you ever remembered late at night, or in the middle of the night after you've gone to bed, that you forgot to do something important and you had to do it right then and there? yes but I didn't get up to write it down. I hoped I would remember in the morning.

Have you ever forgotten an appointment and didn't realize it until someone asked where you were? yes

Are you punctual, chronically late, or somewhere in between? punctual

Have you ever gotten out of bed in the middle of the night to jot down a note about something you need to do the next day? no

LET'S TALK FOOTBALL!

When is the last time you watched a football game on TV? I don't watch football

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you have an Android phone? I have an IPhone

If so, do you know how to download apps and use them? yes

Have you ever deposited a check into your bank account by photographing it with your cell phone and sending it electronically? not yet

Do you have a land line telephone in your home? yes

JUST FOR FUN

How many family newsletters to you think you'll receive via snail mail this holiday season? none

Do you like to receive family newsletters? no

Have you ever composed and mailed a family newsletter? No

• change an infant's diaper or shovel snow? diaper
  • eat a PB&J sandwich or a meatball sub? PB and J
  • take a walk in the woods or go for a drive out in the country? walk
  • play Trivial Pursuit or watch Jeopardy! on TV? play trivial pursuit
  • shampoo your carpet or scrub your kitchen floor by hand? scrub floor
  • spend 2 hours in a bookstore or in a clothing store? book store
  • paddle a kayak on a river or ride a motorcycle? ride a motorcycle

THE HOME STRETCH

Are you wearing socks right now? yes, two pairs

Have you ever worn socks to bed? I used to, not anymore

Does the shirt or top you are wearing right now have no sleeves, short sleeves, 3/4 sleeves or long sleeves? long sleeves

Are you wearing anything green? no

When was the last time you wore flip-flops? September

When was the last time you wore boots? yesterday

.[/quote]

Old 11-28-2015, 12:42 AM

10,889 posts, read 2,202,881 times
Greetings, earthlings! I spaced out having to do the Fryday Questions and was just about to go to bed when I realized it's Thursday night and my turn. Thank goodness I remembered now. I wouldn't want a couple dozen people going through QOTD withdrawal. (Please keep in mind that it's well after midnight and I'm extremely tired, so if some questions have been recently asked, let me slide this time. Without further ado, scroll on down for

TODAY'S QUESTIONS!

Have you ever remembered late at night, or in the middle of the night after you've gone to bed, that you forgot to do something important and you had to do it right then and there? yes

Have you ever forgotten an appointment and didn't realize it until someone asked where you were? yes

Are you punctual, chronically late, or somewhere in between? since its always my mum who drive me everywhere i need to go, we're always punctual, unless we lost urselves...

Have you ever gotten out of bed in the middle of the night to jot down a note about something you need to do the next day? yes

LET'S TALK FOOTBALL!

When is the last time you watched a football game on TV? the last match france - england

Who played, and who won? Did the team you were rooting for win? see above and no, france lost

If you never watch football, is there any other sport you like to watch on TV? i also like natation, gymnastics, figure skating, judo, basketball

In 1971 I had the pleasure, along with several fellow members from my church's youth group, to have dinner at a restaurant with the Chicago Cubs baseball team. I sat at a table with Billy Williams, Ron Santo and Fergie Jenkins and their wives. Have you ever met a famous athlete? If so, tell us about it. no

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you have an Android phone? no

If so, do you know how to download apps and use them? na

Have you ever deposited a check into your bank account by photographing it with your cell phone and sending it electronically? no

Do you have a land line telephone in your home? hum, yes.... i think

JUST FOR FUN

How many family newsletters to you think you'll receive via snail mail this holiday season? none

Do you like to receive family newsletters? no

Have you ever composed and mailed a family newsletter? no

change an infant's diaper or shovel snow?
eat a PB&J sandwich or a meatball sub? neither...
take a walk in the woods or go for a drive out in the country?
play Trivial Pursuit or watch Jeopardy! on TV?
shampoo your carpet or scrub your kitchen floor by hand?
spend 2 hours in a bookstore or in a clothing store?
paddle a kayak on a river or ride a motorcycle?

THE HOME STRETCH

Are you wearing socks right now? yes

Have you ever worn socks to bed? yes

Are you wearing anything green? my jogging bottoms are a weird color of green-blue... if that counts

When was the last time you wore flip-flops? um...............

When was the last time you wore boots? see above...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics