Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 08:26 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,400,873 times

Advertisements

We were skipped over by the brief but intense storms that passed over our area last night. Funnel clouds were reported in many towns, and a tornado or two passed through Chicagoland. I believe that there were no serious injuries as a result of the weather.

We received a little rain here last night as well but I was unaware of the Illinois tornadoes because I forgot to watch the weather yesterday. I hope everyone is okay up there in the Land of Lincoln.

Off we go!

Today's Question(s):
Whether or not you spend time around children, are there kids television shows that you watch and enjoy?
If so, would you name three that you particularly like?
1.) On these very hot days, I know more about Spongebob and Patrick than who's running for President.
2.)
3.)

Bonus Question(s):
If you are eating potato chips, or crisps, do you prefer the flatter ones, or the folded ones? Or does it not matter to you? It matters not. I like 'em all but my health doesn't.

Just for Fun:
What was a song that was popular when you were in school?
The year I graduated from high school, I recall this song being popular:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfmkgQRmmeE

Wishing everyone here good health and safety on this wet humpday on the South Plains.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2015, 08:29 AM

3,401 posts, read 1,237,504 times
We were skipped over by the brief but intense storms that passed over our area last night. Funnel clouds were reported in many towns, and a tornado or two passed through Chicagoland. I believe that there were no serious injuries as a result of the weather.

We could desperately use some rain here in central Maryland. We got a little yesterday, but a half hour later everything was dry as a desert again. It's been a rather dry summer here, with a few scattered but severe thunderstorms.
Off we go!

Today's Question(s):
Whether or not you spend time around children, are there kids television shows that you watch and enjoy?
1.)
2.)
3.)
I haven't watched any cartoons in years.

Bonus Question(s):
If you are eating potato chips, or crisps, do you prefer the flatter ones, or the folded ones? Or does it not matter to you?
I prefer ridges but it doesn't matter that much.

Just for Fun:
When I was in high school Justin Bieber was insanely popular among the girls. Other than that, it seemed like just about every rap song could be heard. To have a dislike for it like I did was heresy.

Old 08-19-2015, 08:30 AM

37,807 posts, read 41,097,858 times
Today's Question(s):

I watch a show about kids, "South Park," but not one for kids.

Bonus Question(s):
If you are eating potato chips, or crisps, do you prefer the flatter ones, or the folded ones? Or does it not matter to you?

Not much of a potato chip eater, never buy them, but if I have any outside I like the ones with the ridges.

Just for Fun:

Popular in Junior High in the early 1960s then made a comeback when Dirty Dancing Came out:
The Contours - Do You Love Me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azKPeIWdE6I

Popular in High School:
Easy To Be Hard - Three Dog Night - Was in Hair

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeXcaRYNlSQ

Popular in college:
Maggie May - Rod Stewart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T5hYlUsQ0s

Old 08-19-2015, 08:31 AM

44,668 posts, read 61,774,875 times
Today's Question(s):
1.) I don't
2.) watch
3.) kids shows

Bonus Question(s):
As long as they taste good and go with the dip it doesn't matter.

Just for Fun:
What was a song that was popular when you were in school? Which school? Most were much better than those of today's music.

Old 08-19-2015, 08:43 AM

4,043 posts, read 2,915,225 times
Today's Question(s):
1.) Sesame Street
2.) Don't know any others.

If you are eating potato chips, or crisps, do you prefer the flatter ones, or the folded ones? Or does it not matter to you? I like kettle chips.

What was a song that was popular when you were in school? Bobby's Girl

Thanks PC -- glad the tornadoes missed you! Happy day everyone.

Old 08-19-2015, 08:59 AM

27,389 posts, read 27,437,276 times
Chips, nothing beats the good ol' greasy Lays chips. I don't like baked. Actually home made chips are the best, I love making my own.
Happy Wednesday everyone~~~

Old 08-19-2015, 09:26 AM

24,537 posts, read 26,094,177 times
Today's Question(s):
Hmm, haven't had kids around here in over 20 years so I don't know of ant current kid shows.

Bonus Question(s):
Doesn't matter.

Just for Fun:
Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin.

Thanx PC, stay safe.

Old 08-19-2015, 09:29 AM

4,658 posts, read 3,667,948 times
Mornin' all!

Its 10:29 pm here!

Sorry I'm running late!

Off we go!

Today's Question(s):
yes, thats Tom and Jerry, 6th grade nostalgia, i only can think of that tough (only one)

Bonus Question(s):
Don't like potato chips!

Just for Fun:
I'm in school,12nd grade. The "mainstream" song in my classroom is a song I don't know its name, on 8th grade, Bruno's "Doo-wops and hooligans" album was mainstream in my class, 11th grade, Ed Sheeran's "Thinking Out Loud", Meghan's "All about that bass", Magic's "Rude", Sam's "I'm Not The Only One", and RAN's (indonesian band) "Dekat Di Hati" ("close to the heart") were the top playlists in the classroom music chart. No offense, I prefer oldies than most of nowadays songs despite the fact I'm only 17!

Today in History:
Arts/Entertainment: 1979 "My Sharona" by the Knack hits #1 (stays for 42 days)
Birthday: 1921 Gene Rodenberry, US TV producer (Star Trek) d: 10/24/1991
Business: 1993 Mattel and Fisher Price toys merge
Pop Culture: 1950 ABC begins Saturday morning kid shows (Animal Clinic and Acrobat Ranch)
Science/Technology: 1787 W Herschel discovers Enceladus, a moon of Saturn
Socio-political: 1958 NAACP Youth Council begin sit-ins at Oklahoma City Lunch counters
Sports: 1909 Indianapolis 500 race track opens

Today’s Word: inter alia
Pronunciation: (IN-tuhr AY-lee-uh, AH-)
Meaning: adverb: Among other things.
Etymology: From Latin inter (among) + alius (other).
Earliest documented use: 1665.

Today is:
Aviation Day
Root Beer Float "Black Cow" Day
World Humanitarian Day
Third Wednesday: National Medical Dosimetrist Day

Quote of the Day:
"The funny thing is that everything is science fiction at one time or another." ~ Gene Rodenberry ~

Have a good day everyone.

Old 08-19-2015, 09:46 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,931,066 times
Today's Question(s):
Sky King

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIDprj1pPz8

Soupy Sales

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n43zAbwtiaI

Little rascal episodes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ilE639rtF8

If you are eating potato chips, or crisps, do you prefer the flatter ones, or the folded ones? Or does it not matter to you? Simply Sea Salted

What was a song that was popular when you were in school? The Twist – Chubby Checker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbK0C9AYMd8

Old 08-19-2015, 11:17 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,959,371 times
Mornin' all!

Sorry I'm running late!

Off we go!

Today's Question(s):
1.)
2.)
3.)

Bonus Question(s):

Just for Fun:

Today in History:
Arts/Entertainment: 1979 "My Sharona" by the Knack hits #1 (stays for 42 days)
Birthday: 1921 Gene Rodenberry, US TV producer (Star Trek) d: 10/24/1991
Business: 1993 Mattel and Fisher Price toys merge
Pop Culture: 1950 ABC begins Saturday morning kid shows (Animal Clinic and Acrobat Ranch)
Science/Technology: 1787 W Herschel discovers Enceladus, a moon of Saturn
Socio-political: 1958 NAACP Youth Council begin sit-ins at Oklahoma City Lunch counters
Sports: 1909 Indianapolis 500 race track opens

Today’s Word: inter alia
Pronunciation: (IN-tuhr AY-lee-uh, AH-)
Meaning: adverb: Among other things.
Etymology: From Latin inter (among) + alius (other).
Earliest documented use: 1665.

Today is:
Aviation Day
Root Beer Float "Black Cow" Day
World Humanitarian Day
Third Wednesday: National Medical Dosimetrist Day

Quote of the Day:
"The funny thing is that everything is science fiction at one time or another." ~ Gene Rodenberry ~

Have a good day everyone.
Thanks PatsCats!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics