Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2020, 05:16 PM

22,447 posts, read 29,604,162 times

Advertisements

I just saw A Secret Love on Netflix. It is beyond amazing and beautiful. It makes me so sad that I'll never experience something like that in my life. I doubt many people get to. They were so lucky. There's such shocking past history in it that I didn't know happened. What a long way we have come
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2020, 05:18 PM

484 posts, read 200,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
Troubling times, we're in. I hope things start soon to look brighter for you.

Good luck.
Thank you! Today was better. Hoping for better yet, tomorrow. :-)

Old 05-02-2020, 12:15 PM

22,447 posts, read 29,604,162 times
How stupid some people are on this forum. I mean how do you have your full name and profession listed and say the things you say???

Old 05-03-2020, 03:20 AM

13,722 posts, read 10,091,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
How stupid some people are on this forum. I mean how do you have your full name and profession listed and say the things you say???
The overconfidence of owning guns, is what I put it down to. That, or they are using someone's name that they don't like. There are, a lot of dead people, posting online.

Old 05-03-2020, 03:38 AM

21,637 posts, read 8,794,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrea View Post
I don't have any opportunity to use (write, speak) English in my everyday life, so this forum is a great opportunity for me to practice the language and learn something new!
I am thinking that I hope we will make you feel welcome here, Astrea. And also, I think your English is very good.

Old 05-03-2020, 07:52 AM

307 posts, read 100,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
...or they are using someone's name that they don't like.
That is a very creative way to get a revenge!

I remember the time when forums were so safe. I exchanged photos, e-mails and telephone numbers with other members, we added each other as friends on Facebook although we sometimes lived on the other side of the planet and never thought about "privacy". Some people posted their private information publicly and no one misused it. And now...

A person on another forum told me that I was foolish to use forums without a VPN, because the owners can track my IP address. But, I see no problem in that. Whatever I write online, I can say using my real name. It's not like I'm doing something illegal...

Old 05-03-2020, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
I am thinking that I hope we will make you feel welcome here, Astrea. And also, I think your English is very good.
Thanks.

So far, I like this forum. It seems entertaining and people are rather nice and polite (compared to some other places I was a member of).

I read a lot and watch films and series in English, but don't have much opportunity to write or speak, so this is a good practice. I probably make a lot of mistakes, but - that's the only way to learn!

Old 05-03-2020, 08:32 AM

33,369 posts, read 26,645,217 times
Quote:
That is a very creative way to get a revenge!

I remember the time when forums were so safe. I exchanged photos, e-mails and telephone numbers with other members, we added each other as friends on Facebook although we sometimes lived on the other side of the planet and never thought about "privacy". Some people posted their private information publicly and no one misused it. And now...

A person on another forum told me that I was foolish to use forums without a VPN, because the owners can track my IP address. But, I see no problem in that. Whatever I write online, I can say using my real name. It's not like I'm doing something illegal...
I assume then that Astrea is your real name. It's a beautiful name.

Old 05-03-2020, 10:17 AM

24,584 posts, read 26,142,929 times
Quote:
Thanks.

So far, I like this forum. It seems entertaining and people are rather nice and polite (compared to some other places I was a member of).

I read a lot and watch films and series in English, but don't have much opportunity to write or speak, so this is a good practice. I probably make a lot of mistakes, but - that's the only way to learn!
Not only is your English good, but so is your comprehension of English.

Old 05-03-2020, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
I assume then that Astrea is your real name. It's a beautiful name.
No, it's not.

It was the first name that came to my mind when I created the profile here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
Not only is your English good, but so is your comprehension of English.
Thanks.

Watching too many TV shows wasn't a complete waste of my time after all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics