Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are You Going to Watch the Super Bowl?
Yes 29 60.42%
No 19 39.58%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 03:46 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,779,847 times

Advertisements

tet tea didn't know that...but I must tell you, last year's commercial's were terrible anyway so you did not miss much if that makes you feel better.
Where were you stationed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2008, 04:20 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,955,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
tet tea didn't know that...but I must tell you, last year's commercial's were terrible anyway so you did not miss much if that makes you feel better.
Where were you stationed?

Got that right! A lot of money wasted last year. http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/canibeyou/headshake.gif (broken link)

My beloved Steelers didn't make it... but that doesn't make it any less fun, getting together with friends and having a good time.

I heard Tom Petty and Paula Abdul are the 1/2 time show??? Might have to take an extended "potty break" when that starts happening.

Old 01-22-2008, 04:35 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,412,666 times
Yes I'll be watching, I was hoping for my Packer to be playing but oh well, I'm in a few Super Bowl pools so maybe I'll win some money.

Old 01-22-2008, 04:47 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,467,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
The New York Giants (my team! Whooo! Yeah baby!) vs. the New England Patriots.
I'll watch it for the commercials.

Old 01-22-2008, 04:47 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,698,896 times
I will be watching. Am a Colts fan and Giants and Packer fan. All have members with ties to my state. During the Giants/Pack game, I was rooting for both of them!

My dh does not watch football, but watched that game with me and will watch some of the Superbowl with me, just so he can jest with me as he will say, I hope they sack Eli etc. He did that to me last year. It is fun, we have a great time together and enjoy one another as well as the game.

Hey, many people like different things for hobbies, mine is football, and I am quite mature.

Old 01-22-2008, 05:38 PM

7,684 posts, read 13,206,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
Wow... got issues much?

FTR, my husband and I are both adults and we like sports. It can be done.... growing up and liking sports and still being their for your SO.

Just thought I'd let you know that.
FTR, I didn't say that you weren't an adult, I said that I grew up a long time ago and I have better things to do with my time. Better things than to sit around and watch grown men playing a childs game making way to much money doing it as well.

Old 01-22-2008, 06:19 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,631,449 times
Maybe....will probably turn it on and use it as background. Use to go to a friends home with many other couples and make a great time of it. Now, that has passed and it will just be the two of us. Husband not really a football fan. I am not for either team. so, why watch? Hmmmm. commercials, maybe? Half time shows have been really asinine the last few years IMHO. Gee, the longer I type this, makes me wonder if I will watch it...

Old 01-22-2008, 07:04 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 23,017,263 times
Of course. It's America's unofficial national holiday. I intend to be apart of it with all my dorm mates.

Even without my Cowboys in it, I'll still watch.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:48 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,955,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
FTR, I didn't say that you weren't an adult, I said that I grew up a long time ago and I have better things to do with my time. Better things than to sit around and watch grown men playing a childs game making way to much money doing it as well.

Not trying to argue with you, but when you make statements like "I grew up a long time ago" it's the same as telling those, that enjoy something you don't, that they haven't grown up (even though those people are adults.

Interesting to see how many people disliked the things you think are better (and more mature) than watching sports, getting together with friends, having a good time.... etc.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:29 PM

23,046 posts, read 34,536,723 times
Of course I'll be watching even I don't really that much who wins, I LOVE football. I just wish my Cowboys or Panthers were it. The commercials are usually good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics