Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 02:00 AM

8,394 posts, read 3,487,152 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone and welcome to Questions of the Day for Tuesday, July 15th 2014. I wanted to get the car washed today, but the place I usually go to (locally) was closed for renovations. So I went to a car wash place much further afield… when I finally got to the alleged address, there wasn’t a car wash in sight. So I turned around and came home… it was a wild goose chase!

Today’s question:

What was the last wild goose chase you went on?

Extra credit question:

Have you ever –

Driven a bus?

Ridden a donkey?

Pedaled a pedal boat?

Ridden a tandem bike?

Been on a hayride?

Bonus question:

What were you doing when you last used a step-ladder?

Just for fun:

Today is National Personal Chef Day. What would you like your personal chef to make for your dinner tonight? Money no object.

Thought for the day:

There is a great man who makes every man feel small. But the real great man is the man who makes every man feel great. (G.K. Chesterton)

Today is:

National Corn Fritter Day
National Personal Chef Day
Take Your Poet to Work Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2014, 02:06 AM

9,086 posts, read 1,459,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobber View Post
good morning everyone and welcome to questions of the day for tuesday, july 15th 2014. I wanted to get the car washed today, but the place i usually go to (locally) was closed for renovations. So i went to a car wash place much further afield… when i finally got to the alleged address, there wasn’t a car wash in sight. So i turned around and came home… it was a wild goose chase!

today’s question:

what was the last wild goose chase you went on? i haven't chased a wild goose for a few years...

extra credit question:

have you ever –

driven a bus? nope

ridden a donkey? nope, but i spoil the ones out at the barn with grass cuz theyr're so cue

pedaled a pedal boat? yes

ridden a tandem bike? nope

been on a hayride? absolutely

bonus question:

what were you doing when you last used a step-ladder? uhhh....i don't remember when i was last on a step ladder

just for fun:

today is national personal chef day. What would you like your personal chef to make for your dinner tonight? Money no object.
chicken fettuccine alfredo

thought for the day:

there is a great man who makes every man feel small. But the real great man is the man who makes every man feel great. (g.k. Chesterton)

today is:

national corn fritter day
national personal chef day
take your poet to work day what's my poet going to do at my work?
happy happy tuesday!!!

Old 07-15-2014, 02:06 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,814,635 times
Default Today’s Questions – Tuesday, 15th July 2014.
Good morning everyone and welcome to Questions of the Day for Tuesday, July 15th 2014. I wanted to get the car washed today, but the place I usually go to (locally) was closed for renovations. So I went to a car wash place much further afield… when I finally got to the alleged address, there wasn’t a car wash in sight. So I turned around and came home… it was a wild goose chase!

Today’s question:

Extra credit question:

Have you ever –

Driven a bus?

Ridden a donkey?

Pedaled a pedal boat?

Ridden a tandem bike?

Been on a hayride?

Bonus question:

Just for fun:

Today is National Personal Chef Day. What would you like your personal chef to make for your dinner tonight? Money no object.
Just give me the money i'll do the cooking.

Thought for the day:

There is a great man who makes every man feel small. But the real great man is the man who makes every man feel great. (G.K. Chesterton)

Today is:

Thanks Kobber!

Old 07-15-2014, 02:15 AM
bjh

60,079 posts, read 30,379,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post

Today’s question:
Must have been one. Can't think of any tho. Will feed them instead.

Extra credit question:
Have you ever –

Driven a bus? Ridden yes, driven, no.
Ridden a donkey? No, but a hoss of a diff'rint colour
(spelled color with a u for Kobber )
Pedaled a pedal boat? Yes, but druther paddle a canoe
Ridden a tandem bike? Ten speed, no tandem.
Been on a hayride? Will mosey on down to the corral for that and the barn dance.

Bonus question:
Changing a light bulb.

Just for fun:
I'd like a Chinese style stir fry, some BBQ chicken, and the juiciest steak cheeseburgers. Oh and some veg and other good-for-you foods, too.

Hoping everyone's Tuesday is udderly wonderful.

Last edited by bjh; 07-15-2014 at 02:41 AM..

Old 07-15-2014, 02:34 AM

21,538 posts, read 8,721,023 times
Today’s question:

I don't remember the details, but it was probably when I was frantically looking for a Christmas gift that nobody seemed to have.

Extra credit question:

Have you ever –

Driven a bus?
No.
Ridden a donkey?
No.
Pedaled a pedal boat?
No.
Ridden a tandem bike?
No.
Been on a hayride?
No. What a dull life I've led!

Bonus question:

I was getting a pair of wine glasses down from a shelf that I can't quite reach.

Just for fun:

This is a fantasy, right? So I hope calories are no object, either. How about some authentic Southern fried chicken with biscuits, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans straight from the garden and a homemade peach pie for dessert?

Thanks, Kobber!

Old 07-15-2014, 03:03 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,002,323 times
Today’s question:

That would have been last year when I was looking for a place to live in Washington. I was planning on renting an apartment for a while. There were maybe 20 complexes advertising that met my requirements. Turns out every last place was actually only taking applications for future vacancies that did not yet exsist. Ended up getting a condo instead.

Extra credit question:

Have you ever –

Driven a bus?
I have ridden the bus. I have missed the bus. I have been thrown under the bus. I once even washed the bus. However I have never driven the bus.

Ridden a donkey?
I have never ridden a donkey. Futhermore it currently is not and never will be on my bucket list.

Pedaled a pedal boat?
I once paddled a boat when I ran out of gas. That is as close as I get.

Ridden a tandem bike?
Only if having someone ride on the handlebars counts.

Been on a hayride?
Not going to happen. Just reading the question made me sneeze.

Bonus question:

Wishing I was 7ft 10in tall so that I did not have to lug the step ladder around.

Just for fun:

Crab cocktail
Tossed green salad
Fresh baked bread still just out of the oven warm
BBQ'd jumbo shrimp
Green peas with onions and mushrooms
Baked potato
Cherry cheesecake with a scoop of black cherry ice cream on the side

Thought for the day:

Today is:

Old 07-15-2014, 03:28 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,870,649 times
Today’s question:

In packing & getting ready to go to the lake I needed to pick up a few things. Thinking I could get everything needed in a town about a forty-five minute drive away, I headed out. The first two places I stopped at were closed for the holiday weekend. The third one was open and busy.... Yay! They didn't have what I wanted.....

Extra credit question:

Have you ever –

Driven a bus? Haven't. After my dad retired he drove the bus my daughters rode to school until my youngest sister's daughter, who had multiple challenges, started school and then he drove her bus.

Ridden a donkey? Haven't

Pedaled a pedal boat? Have. It's hard work!

Ridden a tandem bike? Haven't

Been on a hayride? I grew up on a farm, so sure. I've been on hayrides and also driven the tractor pulling the wagon.

Bonus question:

What were you doing when you last used a step-ladder? Trying to hang a rain chain. I'm too short to do it unless I stand on the top of the ladder & I know better.

Just for fun:

Today is National Personal Chef Day. What would you like your personal chef to make for your dinner tonight? Money no object. Oh, something with salmon, I think. And a dessert... something involving chocolate. I'll just tell the chef what I like and let him/her decide on the dishes.

Thought for the day:

Woke up way too early this morning, but it's nice hearing the birds waking up, singing their songs. Have a good day, all!

Last edited by kpinvt; 07-15-2014 at 03:38 AM..

Old 07-15-2014, 03:36 AM

27,339 posts, read 27,391,872 times
Yes I've been on hayrides, many times.
Id like my chef to make Hungarian goulash.
Happy Tuesday.

Old 07-15-2014, 04:55 AM

2,618 posts, read 1,504,065 times

Today’s question:

Looking for a missing button! This weekend

Extra credit question:

Have you ever –

Driven a bus?

Yes

Ridden a donkey?

No
Pedaled a pedal boat?
Yes

Ridden a tandem bike?
Yes

Been on a hayride?
Yes

Bonus question:

Falling down it

Just for fun:

Steak with Spagehtti and Meatballs!
Thought for the day:

Today is:

Take Your Poet to Work Da

Old 07-15-2014, 04:57 AM

36,416 posts, read 16,024,816 times
Today’s question:

It's been a while

Extra credit question:

Have you ever –

Driven a bus?
No
Ridden a donkey?
I think I recall that.
Pedaled a pedal boat?
No
Ridden a tandem bike?
No
Been on a hayride?
Can't recall that, but i think so.

Bonus question:

Cleaning the kitchen cabinet fronts, they go to the ceiling

Just for fun:

Food just doesn't sound good right now so I'll pass

Thought for the day:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics