Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 11:20 AM

531 posts, read 2,013,169 times

Advertisements

OK...here it goes...If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? Would you want to be pretty, wise or rich? Is it a selfish thing that you would want to change?

Here is my wish I could change thing...I wish I had a great singing voice. My wide hips don't bother me, or the way that gravity has taken hold of my body. I just want to sing beautifully, and not sound like I am yodeling. (especially while singing something upbeat!)

I am looking forward to hearing others wishes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2006, 11:22 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,685,114 times
Oh lets see, not getting that tummy tuck after the fourth child!!! I hate my stomach, other than that I love me!!!!

Old 10-19-2006, 11:29 AM

8,987 posts, read 20,410,823 times
Just wish I knew years ago what I know now. There would have been a lot less stupid things I would have done. Other than that, nothing. Six years ago, I met the "love of my life", but it took me wayyyyyyyy to many years of bad relationships before I got smart and met her.

Old 10-19-2006, 11:30 AM

2,098 posts, read 6,334,781 times
I would make myself less sensitive and emotional. I don't mean I would be mean, I just hate the fact that I can cry over commercials and that when we watch a movie (even a friggin' disney movie) everyone turns to look at me, because, yes, I am crying. It doesn't do good for the complexion.

Maybe I'd make myself a little taller too....being the size of a hobbit doesn't get me far in the respect area when people think I'm the kids' sister instead of mother.

Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with me.

Old 10-19-2006, 11:44 AM

1,104 posts, read 3,336,862 times
I'd like to be smarter. I enjoy learning new things, but it's always such a struggle for me.

Old 10-19-2006, 11:49 AM

1,118 posts, read 4,761,811 times
I would have done more with college & my career back in my twenties, and not have been so willing to chuck it for what I thought was "required" of me with my first marriage & his insecurities. Older & wiser... Hey! Since we're magically changing things - I'd like to go back to the age of 21 knowing then what I know now!!

Old 10-19-2006, 11:53 AM

Anyone ever see the movie Peggy Sue Got Married? (My favorite movie ever) I think it would be so cool to go back in time (for awhile) knowing what I know now.
Like your idea, Adream.

Last edited by grammy164; 10-19-2006 at 11:54 AM.. Reason: misspell

Old 10-19-2006, 11:57 AM

1,118 posts, read 4,761,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammy164 View Post
Anyone ever see the movie Peggy Sue Got Married? (My favorite movie ever) I think it would be so cool to go back in time (for awhile) knowing what I know now.
Like your idea, Adream.
Yes! Love that movie! I guess I relate.

Old 10-19-2006, 11:58 AM

2,098 posts, read 6,334,781 times
Do you get to go back in time with Nicolas Cage though???? LOL

I have to respectfully disagree with you though grammy. I've thought long and hard about that when the topic has been brought up over drinks, coffee, etc. with friends. Although it would be great to know then what we do now, I don't think we'd be who we are now if we could change those things. Making those mistakes and having those learning experiences are what has turned us into the people we are today. (Besides, then we really all would've grown up the way our mom's wanted and they'd have been right about everything and you just can't have your mom being right when you're a teen or young adult LOL). But I like juggling the idea around though.

Old 10-19-2006, 12:11 PM

I don't know about Nicholas Cage, but maybe I could finally win the heart of that boy I used to drool over?
I understand what you're saying, Pixie. You're right. That's why I said "for awhile." In the movie she doesn't really change anything--she just learns to have a greater appreciation for the life she has. That's what I got from the movie.
I know I'd still be the very shy and quiet little girl if I hadn't experienced what I have. I realize I'm stronger for those experiences. I wouldn't change all of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics