Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 10:34 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,178,992 times

Advertisements

I'd end religion.
My observations and research prove to me time and time again that religion is the root cause of nearly every problem mankind faces.
With religion gone, a lot of problems would fall away like dominos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2013, 12:17 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,191,609 times
I'd get rid of the idea of religion completely. No deities, faiths, belief systems... would ever exist. Therefore, there would be no Middle East animosity towards Jews, no Holocaust, no Palestinian problems, no Spanish Inquisition, no Crusades, no terror bombings to kill infidels... the list goes on and on.

Old 12-19-2013, 12:36 PM

7,357 posts, read 7,000,894 times
Had I the power to change things , the power to lie would be impossible .
The natural capacity to read thoughts of others would be inborn.

Old 12-19-2013, 01:08 PM

175 posts, read 598,020 times
If I had the power, the one thing I'd fix in this world would be that all people would have a burning desire to love God and others before themselves.

Interestingly enough, I agree with ending religion. Religion is one of the chief reasons people don't have a relationship with Jesus. It's Christianity's dillema. Humans seem bent on power over others. Religion is the result - when mankind seeks to impose their own judgment via rules and regulations (legalism) where we tie heavy, cumbersome loads on people's shoulders - for status and contol. Jesus warns against legalism in his response to the Pharisees in Matthew 23. Instead, He recommends being a humble servant to others. But, that part isn't easy in a fallen world (thus my wish).

Old 12-19-2013, 01:11 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,178,992 times
I change my mind, I'd end irony like that post^

Old 12-19-2013, 01:15 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,857,974 times
Yes, why can't being fair, compassionate and moral replace religion. All those things can exist without the notion or need for a god.

Doing good is it's own reward.

Old 12-19-2013, 01:43 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,323,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoOutsideAndPlay View Post
If I had the power, the one thing I'd fix in this world would be that all people would have a burning desire to love God and others before themselves.

Interestingly enough, I agree with ending religion. Religion is one of the chief reasons people don't have a relationship with Jesus. It's Christianity's dillema. Humans seem bent on power over others. Religion is the result - when mankind seeks to impose their own judgment via rules and regulations (legalism) where we tie heavy, cumbersome loads on people's shoulders - for status and contol. Jesus warns against legalism in his response to the Pharisees in Matthew 23. Instead, He recommends being a humble servant to others. But, that part isn't easy in a fallen world (thus my wish).
Which god?

Old 12-19-2013, 01:47 PM

11,519 posts, read 14,748,727 times
Poverty, everyone would be eating and living well on my clock, animals included.

Old 12-19-2013, 01:57 PM

8,110 posts, read 10,185,722 times
Politicians. And bribes/lobbying to/with Government Officials.

The world faces serious issues. We need serious people who are interested in addressing those issues rather than being more concerned with self aggrandizement.

It is long since past the point where we can have people 'representing' us who have their personal interests well ahead of any of the catastrophic issues facing the world and its inhabitants.

Old 12-19-2013, 01:58 PM

7,031 posts, read 14,559,375 times
Free education (with an emphasis for creative and critical thinking) from K to college for the entire world's population.

I think every person born in this world should have a right to at least be introduced to how to solve problems and think for themselves. While there are many important facts and concepts that can only be learned through rote memorization, critical thinking should be taught starting at an early age in addition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics