Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 07:34 AM

786 posts, read 1,178,312 times

Advertisements

No joke (broken link). Are we becoming this sensitive, now? Apparently so!

I think I'm going to start my own group... POOP.

People Offended by Offended People.

And, please... anyone who would be offended by "ho ho ho"... check out my buddy's latest (broken link)to be released on CD by Thanksgiving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2007, 08:23 AM

428 posts, read 2,441,451 times
Why don't they go all the way past ridiculous (like the schools do) and tell Santa not to wear red anymore either. After all, there is a gang that wears it.

I'm glad I don't have little kids anymore.
My teens and all their friends are watching all this PC garbage. There is going to be a backlash when they become parents.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:06 AM

1,408 posts, read 8,026,931 times
santa could be considered a gang leader (or cult leader depending upon how you want to look at it). All those elves following him and doing what he tells them to do.

This is just crazy. Soon the only left of christmas will be gift buying. mmm.... maybe the stores and malls are behind all this. They're trying to get us to forget everything associated with christmas expect spending money.

Last week on my local news there was a story about a school that had to cancel a field trip to see the play miracle on 34th street because a couple of parents complained it was a play about santa. Yah that's exactly right, the ENTIRE play is about santa, nothing more nothing less, there's no other meaning behind that play.

HUM BUG! Oh Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

Last edited by surfingatwork; 11-15-2007 at 09:07 AM.. Reason: forgot something

Old 11-15-2007, 09:17 AM

786 posts, read 1,178,312 times
Hey... don't laugh too hard. In Winchester, Massachusetts, the entire 7th grade was planning to go to the theatre and see the stage version of "Miracle on 34th Street". When it was determined that the "basic theme" of the play was objectionable to some members of the Middle School, the principal canned the trip for everyone, issuing the following public statement. "While I believe there are valid reasons for participating in such a trip, the objectionable nature of the content overrides these concerns."

Old 11-15-2007, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuke View Post
Hey... don't laugh too hard. In Winchester, Massachusetts, the entire 7th grade was planning to go to the theatre and see the stage version of "Miracle on 34th Street". When it was determined that the "basic theme" of the play was objectionable to some members of the Middle School, the principal canned the trip for everyone, issuing the following public statement. "While I believe there are valid reasons for participating in such a trip, the objectionable nature of the content overrides these concerns."
Yes winchester that was it. I'm in mass too. I couldn't remember the town. INSANE! Don't these parents realize there is WAY more to that story than just a little girl believes in santa. UGH!

Old 11-15-2007, 10:12 AM

13,791 posts, read 8,160,472 times
Unbelievable..I'm so glad I'm not a kid in today's world or even raising kids today...Wow...*shakes head*

Old 11-15-2007, 10:53 AM

2,392 posts, read 2,542,091 times
Talking I wanna join POOP!

No, Virginia, there is no Santa Claus, well, because it's the New Millennium you see, and er, we have to be politically correct and you wouldn't want to offend your neighbor, um, what I'm trying to say is...

Sign me up, I wanna be a POOPer!

Shuke, Are you the Grand-POOP-bah?

Thanks, POOPer Boo

Newseum - Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus

"Oh! You better watch out, you better not cry
Better not pout, I'm telling you why: Santa Claus is coming to town!"

Old 11-15-2007, 11:09 AM

1,913 posts, read 8,911,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuke View Post
No joke (broken link). Are we becoming this sensitive, now? Apparently so!

I think I'm going to start my own group... POOP.

People Offended by Offended People.

And, please... anyone who would be offended by "ho ho ho"... check out my buddy's latest (broken link)to be released on CD by Thanksgiving.

"People Offended by Offended People" haha........sign me up!
One term I loathe is "Politically Correct"....whoever started that needs to have their feathers plucked.

Old 11-15-2007, 11:26 AM

I'd like to be a part of the POOP club! Where do I sign?

Old 11-15-2007, 11:27 AM

146 posts, read 797,801 times
I would honestly be rather happy if they just got rid of Christmas completely. Along with that it'd be nice to get rid of Easter, Columbus Day, and Thanksgiving. The following holidays I would keep: Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Labor Day, New Years, and (possibly) Halloween (just for fun).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics