Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2013, 02:29 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,521,126 times

Advertisements

I think all of us have been bullied by other people in school. But what were you bulled for back in the day?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 02:34 PM

11,479 posts, read 9,151,833 times
street cred.

Old 07-30-2013, 02:42 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,325,215 times
I was bullied because I was plump and shy.

Old 07-30-2013, 02:47 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,375,064 times
For being weird (I admit, with hindsight, I was very strange),
for being behind my peers in terms of *adapting to* adolescence (coping with the social & physical changes),
and for being "smart"/teacher's pet (I got along with some of the adults better than with the other students).

Basically, for the symptoms of Asperger's Syndrome...15-20 years *before* I received the diagnosis/label (and finally got my "aha" moment).

Old 07-30-2013, 02:57 PM

13,637 posts, read 10,040,055 times
Just for being me, I think.

Old 07-30-2013, 05:13 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,270,731 times
FOr being smart, chubby and weird.

The strange this is, one of the people who bullied me is now suffering from cancer; she is a nurse and took very good care of my G'mother when she was sick. I sent her a card wishing her well and thanking her for taking care of Granny and we are now friendly. Life is strange.

Old 07-30-2013, 05:37 PM

589 posts, read 7,647,802 times
Was only ever bullied by one person - a teacher I had in grade 12. He would ride me incessantly. Once I told him to lay off and was ordered down to the office for "talking back". This guy did everything in his power to get me expelled over that, including throwing in some fairy tales about things I'd done to disrupt his class.

But since he couldn't get anybody to back up his story (none of the other students liked him either) the principal wasn't buying his version of events entirely; I got the week off from his class instead. From A's to B minus in all my other classes I got a first term D from him in Biology. Second term, when all this went down, he gave me an E (what you'd know as an F stateside). He said it was for my disrespectful attitude towards him and his position. The principal agreed to let me drop Bio 12 for the final term since I didn't need it to graduate so I just took the block as a spare.

After grad, on my last day of school forever, I went into the office and picked up my report card. As I made my way back upstairs to grab the duffle from my locker there he was smirking at me. I went past him and out of nowhere he smacked me on the back of my head so hard I nearly fell backwards down the stairs. When I spun around to look at him he was laughing. By now there were others on the stairs so I had to just let it go.

But later that afternoon when he went out to the staff parking lot on his way home I was there leaning on his car waiting for him. He said he should probably slap me around some more since it would be his last chance, and indeed he took a swing at me. I don't think he saw me loading up with a big overhand right until it split his lip and knocked out 2 teeth. I remember looking down at him with a shocked look imbedded on his now blurred face and saying to him, "See if you can get me expelled for that, moron man."

I guess the witnesses in the parking lot saw him take the first swing because I never heard another thing about the incident.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:03 PM

36,430 posts, read 16,038,061 times
I was tall and skinny... Stilts, Jolly Green Giant, Chick from LA...Stilts lasted the longest. I never thought of it as bullying, i just thought it was normal. Then I was called Will, like maybe from Wilt Chamberlain, I don't know. i was always taught, sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics