Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 06:30 AM

36,444 posts, read 16,048,954 times

Advertisements

Today’s Question:

A little survey to start... The QOTD gets posted at different times according to the convenience of the questioner. I usually post the Tuesday questions around this time of day (see time stamp above) but can post them earlier or a little later if most people would prefer. When do you prefer to answer the questions –

The afternoon before

The evening before

Early in the morning – earlier than the time stamp above

Right around the time stamp above

A couple of hours later than the time stamp above
(I can’t do it much later than that, as it’s bedtime here!)

Doesn’t matter, I will answer the QOTD regardless of when they are posted

Extra Credit Question:

Frances the Flight Fairy will give you an air ticket to any place within three hours of where you now live. Where will you go, and why? Since Frances is an imaginary fairy, you can answer the question even if you don’t like flying!
3 hours won't get me to California, so guess I'll go North, maybe NYC, because I haven't been there.
Bonus Question:

Agree or disagree (or more if you like) –

I currently have to take medication on a regular basis.

I don’t own a warm coat. Disagree

Corn flakes are one of my favourite breakfast cereals.

My short-term memory seems to be fading quite rapidly. Disagree

I don’t like shellfish. Disagree

Just for fun:

Do you use all or most of your fingers when typing on a keyboard, or do you ‘hunt and peck’?
All 10 of them

Thought for the Day:

Not everything that matters can be measured, and not everything that can be measured matters. (Albert Einstein)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 06:33 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,685,451 times
Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, July 30th, 2013. Have finally recovered from my trip to Sydney, the big 70th birthday party (not mine!), and the various shenanigans associated with hanging out with a big group of old friends for several days. It was fun, but we all agreed we can’t keep up quite like we used to!

Today’s Question:

A little survey to start... The QOTD gets posted at different times according to the convenience of the questioner. I usually post the Tuesday questions around this time of day (see time stamp above) but can post them earlier or a little later if most people would prefer. When do you prefer to answer the questions –

The afternoon before

The evening before

Doesn’t matter, I will answer the QOTD regardless of when they are posted Actually "When I Get Around Tuit"

Extra Credit Question:

Frances the Flight Fairy will give you an air ticket to any place within three hours of where you now live. Where will you go, and why? Since Frances is an imaginary fairy, you can answer the question even if you don’t like flying! Nashville, TN

Bonus Question:

I currently have to take medication on a regular basis. Yes

I don’t own a warm coat. Are you kidding, we get ice on windshields here in FL believe or not.

My short-term memory seems to be fading quite rapidly.

I don’t like shellfish. As a favorite CD poster friend and real world friend of mine would say, "Depends"

Just for fun:

Do you use all or most of your fingers when typing on a keyboard, or do you ‘hunt and peck’? All as I finally taught my self to type using "Typing Tutor" after the age of 50.

Thought for the Day:

Not everything that matters can be measured, and not everything that can be measured matters. (Albert Einstein)

Today in History:

1729 City of Baltimore founded
1844 First U.S. yacht club organized, New York Yacht Club
1898 Corn flakes invented by Will Keith Kellogg
1909 Wright Brothers deliver first military plane to the army
1928 George Eastman shows first color motion pictures
1935 First Penguin book is published, starting the paperback revolution
1946 First rocket attains 100 mi (167 km) altitude, White Sands, New Mexico
1965 Lyndon Baines Johnson signs Medicare bill, which goes into effect in 1966 And now my premiums after paying since then are as much as buying private ins. Where'd them money go?

Today’s Word:

Esse \ ES-se; Eng. ES-ee \ , noun;
1. being; existence.

Today Is:

National Cheesecake Day
Father-in-Law DayRIP
National Support Public Education Day
Paperback Book Day Rather have a hard cover.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:41 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,060,976 times
Today’s Question:

The afternoon before
The evening before

Whatever is easiest for you. We who answer appreciate you guys who post the questions.

Extra Credit Question:

Frances the Flight Fairy will give you an air ticket to any place within three hours of where you now live. Where will you go, and why? Since Frances is an imaginary fairy, you can answer the question even if you don’t like flying!

A plane trip for a place within 3 hours away??? Tell Frances to save her money.

Bonus Question:

I currently have to take medication on a regular basis.

True

I don’t own a warm coat.

False. I own a few, I just don't wear them.

false. They're okay, just not a fave.

false

I don’t like shellfish.

True. I don't eat anything that comes out of the water.

Just for fun:

Do you use all or most of your fingers when typing on a keyboard, or do you ‘hunt and peck’?

I use the first two fingers on each hand. The letters on my "o" and my "i" keys are gone so sometimes I mess that up.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:55 AM
bjh

60,110 posts, read 30,435,770 times
Today’s Question:

The afternoon before
The evening before
Doesn’t matter, I will answer the QOTD regardless of when they are posted - I prefer the time that I post. Seriously when someone else is hosting I don't mind when they post. I don't have to answer when the question is hot off the press. If I miss the question in the morning I'll answer it if I can get to it within the same day.

Extra Credit Question:
Within 3 hours flight time I want to go to Louisville for a genuine hot brown sandwich. It's not just a sandwich. It's a legend. Link:
Hot Brown - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bonus Question:

I currently have to take medication on a regular basis. happily, no

I don’t own a warm coat. I do. It gets cold in winter.

Corn flakes are one of my favourite breakfast cereals. They're okay.

My short-term memory seems to be fading quite rapidly. Not rapidly, but it's not as sharp as it was.

I don’t like shellfish. I like shrimp and lobster.

Just for fun:
all fingers

Today Is:
Paperback Book Day
If your day is a page turner, may it be so in a good way.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:26 AM

44,375 posts, read 20,091,210 times
Today’s Question:

Doesn’t matter, I will answer the QOTD regardless of when they are posted < This one. I answer the questions as soon as I'm able in the morning; often when I first get to my office, before starting time. That would be about 3.5 hours after the time stamp on your OP, Kobber. It works out fine for me the time you do it, because the questions are waiting for me whenever I can get to them in the morning.

Extra Credit Question:
Frances the Flight Fairy will give you an air ticket to any place within three hours of where you now live. Where will you go, and why? Since Frances is an imaginary fairy, you can answer the question even if you don’t like flying! Within 3 hours? Hmmmm. I'll take Montreal, Canada.

Bonus Question:
I currently have to take medication on a regular basis. Agree. I take a drug for dizziness due to Meniere's Disease in my left ear. (Yes, I'm a dizzy blonde. )
I don’t own a warm coat. Disagree.
Corn flakes are one of my favourite breakfast cereals. Disagree.
My short-term memory seems to be fading quite rapidly. Disagree. (It's always been bad. )
I don’t like shellfish. Disagree. Some of my best friends are shellfish.

Just for fun:
Do you use all or most of your fingers when typing on a keyboard, or do you ‘hunt and peck’? I use all fingers and my thumbs. I learned to type on a manual typewriter.

Thought for the Day:

Today’s Word:
Esse \ ES-se; Eng. ES-ee \ , noun;
1. being; existence.
Interesting word. Must be the root of "essence."

Today Is:
National Cheesecake Day Oh boy! One of my faves.
Father-in-Law Day I don't have one.
National Support Public Education Day Support our teachers!
Paperback Book Day I just finished one last week. Presently I'm reading a hardback. Next in line is another paperback.

Have a terrific Tuesday, everybody!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-30-2013 at 07:38 AM..

Old 07-30-2013, 07:34 AM

44,649 posts, read 61,691,885 times
Today’s Question:

The afternoon before

The evening before XXX

Doesn’t matter, I will answer the QOTD regardless of when they are posted. 2nd choice.

Extra Credit Question:

Frances the Flight Fairy will give you an air ticket to any place within three hours of where you now live. Where will you go, and why? Since Frances is an imaginary fairy, you can answer the question even if you don’t like flying! Pismo Beach.

Bonus Question:

I currently have to take medication on a regular basis. Agree.

I don’t own a warm coat. Agree.

Corn flakes are one of my favourite breakfast cereals. Agree.

My short-term memory seems to be fading quite rapidly. Huh, oh yes, agree.

I don’t like shellfish. Agree.

Just for fun:

Thought for the Day:

Isn't he the one that originally said "size matters"...

Well let's size up this survey and get outta here quick, enjoy....

Old 07-30-2013, 08:02 AM

16,907 posts, read 16,148,303 times
I can't answer today's questions because there are no questions to answer for so far down the page that this Nook won't let me scroll down that far.
What the heck!?
I ain't flyin' anywhere with no dam fairy and I don't care when you do the questions.
You broke my Nook thingy.
Now go eat.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:08 AM

7,377 posts, read 5,492,216 times
Happy Tuesday! Extra happy for me, I now have a first granddaughter who was born yesterday. Haven't met her yet but will on Saturday, so excited!

Today’s Question:

The afternoon before

The evening before

Extra Credit Question:

Frances the Flight Fairy will give you an air ticket to any place within three hours of where you now live. Where will you go, and why? Since Frances is an imaginary fairy, you can answer the question even if you don’t like flying! Chicago to go see my new granddaughter!

Bonus Question:

I currently have to take medication on a regular basis. disagree

I don’t own a warm coat. disagree

Corn flakes are one of my favourite breakfast cereals. disagree

My short-term memory seems to be fading quite rapidly. disagree

I don’t like shellfish. disagree

Just for fun:

Do you use all or most of your fingers when typing on a keyboard, or do you ‘hunt and peck’? mostly hunt and peck

Old 07-30-2013, 08:13 AM

38,935 posts, read 22,939,705 times
Today’s Question:

The afternoon before

The evening before

Doesn’t matter, I will answer the QOTD regardless of when they are posted <--This. At your convenience.

Extra Credit Question:

Frances the Flight Fairy will give you an air ticket to any place within three hours of where you now live. Where will you go, and why? Since Frances is an imaginary fairy, you can answer the question even if you don’t like flying! Vancouver, British Columbia. I have an open invitation to visit my relatives there and I've never been.

Bonus Question:

I currently have to take medication on a regular basis. Disagree

I don’t own a warm coat. Disagree

Corn flakes are one of my favourite breakfast cereals. Disagree

My short-term memory seems to be fading quite rapidly. Disagree

I don’t like shellfish. Agree. Not a seafood lover.

Just for fun:

Do you use all or most of your fingers when typing on a keyboard, or do you ‘hunt and peck’? I took touch typing in high school, so I use all my fingers. I needed typing skills in the jobs I've held in the past.

Have a great Tuesday. Let's make the most of it!

Old 07-30-2013, 08:13 AM

7,337 posts, read 2,746,431 times

Today’s Question:

The afternoon before

The evening before

Extra Credit Question:

Frances the Flight Fairy will give you an air ticket to any place within three hours of where you now live. Where will you go, and why? Since Frances is an imaginary fairy, you can answer the question even if you don’t like flying! A three hour flight won't get me anywhere I want to go, so I decline this offer. Thanks anyway.

Bonus Question:

I currently have to take medication on a regular basis. Agree

I don’t own a warm coat. I do have a warm coat....just haven't worn it in at least two years

Corn flakes are one of my favourite breakfast cereals. Not my favorite but I do like corn flakes

I don’t like shellfish. I love shrimp!

Just for fun:

I use all of my fingers

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics