Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2007, 07:17 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,754,020 times

Advertisements

These are reputedly real answers to questions on science tests.

When you smell an odorless gas, it is probably carbon monoxide.

Water is composed of two gins, oxygin and hydrogin. Oxygin is pure gin. Hydrogin is gin and water.

Nitrogen is not found in Ireland because it is not found in a free state.

When you breathe, you inspire. When you do not breathe, you expire.

Three kinds of blood vessels are arteries, vanes, and caterpillars.

Before giving a blood transfusion, find out if the blood is affirmative or negative.

The moon is a planet just like the Earth, only it is even deader.

The pistol of a flower is its only protection against insects.

A fossil is an extinct animal. The older it is, the more extinct it is.

For fainting: Rub the person's chest, or, if it's a lady, rub her arm above the hand. Or put her head between the knees of the nearest medical doctor.

Equator: a menagerie lion running around Earth through Africa.

Rhubarb: a kind of celery gone bloodshot.

The skeleton is what is left after the insides have been taken out and the outsides have been taken off. The purpose of the skeleton is so that there is something to hitch the meat to.

To remove dust from the eye, pull the eye down over the nose.

The body consists of three parts - the brainium, the borax and the abominable cavity. The brainium contains the brain. The borax contains the heart and lungs, and the abominable cavity contains the bowels, of which there are five - A, E, I, O, and U.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2007, 07:30 PM

382 posts, read 1,072,595 times
Cool Are you for real

John,

Where the heckfire did you get these answers and to which grade level do they apply? I guess this is proof of what happens when a governing body lowers standards for teachers. And to think these guys will be voting and holding public office. OMG!

Certainly glad I am on the wanning end of Life. Would hate to be a young'un in this day and age.

Old 11-05-2007, 07:35 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,754,020 times
Hi, I got this one from a Diabetic forum that someone posted on there.

John

Last edited by JD59; 11-05-2007 at 07:50 PM..

Old 11-05-2007, 07:43 PM

382 posts, read 1,072,595 times
Default Yo Ho Blow Me Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Hi, I this one from a Diabetic forum that someone posted on there.

John
It was definitely an eye opener, not to mention entertaining in a frightening way.

Old 11-06-2007, 12:21 AM

5,793 posts, read 13,974,932 times
I think my doctor posted some of those. I think the most "correct" answer was the skeleton one. The equator one just blew me away. Actually they're all hilarious!

Thanks John!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics