Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2015, 06:30 PM

117 posts, read 151,244 times

Advertisements

About forums, e-mails and comments...

Why is it that when someone responds to you they say things so completely unrelated to what you typed? It's almost as if they didn't read what you wrote and started responding about something else that was on their mind. When they do respond to your subject matter and it's sort of in the ballpark it's still way off base.

I hate when that happens!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2015, 11:50 PM

259,024 posts, read 91,125,735 times
I'm beyond stressed so don't let me get a baseball bat for a few more days..................

Old 10-16-2015, 06:38 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,794,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig Smoker View Post
I'm beyond stressed so don't let me get a baseball bat for a few more days..................
I'm sorry to read this Pig Smoker. Care to share what has you so stressed and if not I understand. hang in there.

Old 10-16-2015, 07:06 AM

36,597 posts, read 16,184,592 times
Oh no Pig!! Hang in there!

I'm already not liking these cold morning temps...ugh

Old 10-16-2015, 07:18 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,297,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig Smoker View Post
Bummer Pig I'll stay out of your way today and say a prayer for ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
Double ugh me neither.

Old 10-16-2015, 09:56 AM

117 posts, read 151,244 times
Dear Pig Smoker,

Have you considered electro shock therapy? And always remember - up the voltage.

Old 10-16-2015, 10:35 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,794,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
Oh no Pig!! Hang in there!

Me either! 30's Saturday and Sunday night here.

Old 10-26-2015, 03:48 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,143,598 times
I step outside first thing in the morning and, what do I find? The most beautiful sigh: A spit the size of a swimming pool.
Who the **** saves that much saliva just to spit right on a building's door? I ****ing swear it had to be the neighbor from upstairs. It's like their whole existence revolves around annoying everyone else. Playing videogames at full volume at 4 AM? Yes ma'am, can do. That Ikea furniture needs building? 3 AM seems like a perfect time for that. But we're nice enough to give it a musical rhythm so as to not bother the neighbors. In fact it will surely lull them to sleep. We're good people!

Also our dog loves to dig the floor. We probably trained him to do that. And do you feel like you're suddently on a basketball match? That's our kids leaving.

Last edited by Arigarisha; 10-26-2015 at 03:57 AM..

Old 10-31-2015, 08:20 AM

22,526 posts, read 29,816,542 times
So I've spoken to my GM about my job and how all of my normal sections I earned have started to change and that I wasn't happy about it. He said he would fix it. I sent him a email 30 days ago expressing the same displeasure and no response. I give my two weeks notice after still not having it fixed and he begs me to stay and asks me what can he do to fix it. I tell him. I specifically said I didn't want these particular sections on these particular nights. (there's no money in them at all) He said he would fix it. He half way did: last night was fine (however made no money for a Friday night) and tonight I'm in the shytty section and of course no money because it's Halloween. So we get our new schedule for next week and I'm in the shytty section 3 nights in a row next week including Thurs/Fri/Sat. So I guess they are trying to run me out which is fine. I have the other job already. No one at my work knows about it so that can't be the reason and it wouldn't have affected it anyways.

I'm lucky that I don't have to work as the bf makes 6 figures but I would be bored to death sitting at home all day. So I'm thinking next Sat will be my last day.

I don't understand why employers mess with their best employees???

Old 10-31-2015, 08:46 AM

3,401 posts, read 1,243,303 times
A story from my work last night.

I'm now going to be busier on Saturdays because one of my coworkers got fired for trying to steal someone's cell phone. They left it on one of the chairs at their table, and he saw it and took it. They came back for it, and the man had find my Iphone or something similar and it showed the phone was still at the restaurant. While they were doing this, the thief went outside to smoke a cigarette and was pacing back and forth. The tracker showed it was outside, and he was pacing, so he got caught. He got lucky though, the owner agreed not to press charges if he gave it back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics