Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2013, 11:15 PM

752 posts, read 2,088,789 times

Advertisements

Oh, and I swear that I am NOT trolling here...I really am looking for answers

I have a car that does not have automatic locks. My husband and brother was with me out shopping today. I had to tell my MR brother to please lock the back door when exiting. It seems like such a hassle, but then again, with crime on the rise, I thought about the possibility of someone "squatting" in someone's vehicle, or office, like they would someone's home. Is that an actual possibility? After the thought crossed my mind I ALWAYS make sure the doors are locked when I go home for the night.

Oh and an episode of Judge Judy covers this in some detail. A homeless man had moved into someone's office, and left..let's say human droppings....trying not to be gross.

Do you know of anyone who has actually, like a hobo or homeless person, who squatted in someone's vehicle or office? Weird, I know...I have heard about a man living in a retial store. Just curious...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2013, 11:31 PM

44,381 posts, read 20,099,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
Oh, and I swear that I am NOT trolling here...I really am looking for answers

I have a car that does not have automatic locks. My husband and brother was with me out shopping today. I had to tell my MR brother to please lock the back door when exiting. It seems like such a hassle, but then again, with crime on the rise, I thought about the possibility of someone "squatting" in someone's vehicle, or office, like they would someone's home. Is that an actual possibility? After the thought crossed my mind I ALWAYS make sure the doors are locked when I go home for the night.

Oh and an episode of Judge Judy covers this in some detail. A homeless man had moved into someone's office, and left..let's say human droppings....trying not to be gross.

Do you know of anyone who has actually, like a hobo or homeless person, who squatted in someone's vehicle or office? Weird, I know...I have heard about a man living in a retial store. Just curious...
Once, a long time ago, I went to my car one Sunday morning to leave for church and found a man sleeping in the backseat. I must have left a rear door unlocked. The man was drunk as a skunk. Instead of calling the police, my first instinct was to open the door and tell the man to get out. He woke up, got out of the car, mumbled an apology about it being the wrong car, and walked away. Thankfully, he didn't soil the car. This happened in about 1985, and I remember that it was Easter Sunday morning.

If something like that happened now, I'd call the police instead of handling the problem myself.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 05-26-2013, 10:31 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,352,055 times
During the Spring and Summer we had a bag lady who slept in the bus stop outside the Federal building. She was there during both of those seasons for years. We all became familiar with her. She carried a cattle prod around with her grocery cart. During the Autum and Winter she would ride the bus to Florida.

One year she did not show up. We all wondered what had happened to her. A fellow from the newspaper told us she had been murdered in Florida. How very sad. She actually enjoyed her life.

Old 05-26-2013, 10:57 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,283,070 times
Many brand new cars are transported to dealerships via the railroad system. Quite often you could tell that someone had lived in one for a few days. We got one car in that really smelled horrible, we all thought that a homeless person might have died in it.

Old 05-26-2013, 12:08 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,816,297 times
There was this really strange agency Therapist that would float through and work from time to time. I knew of his reputation from another hospital I worked for. He was a tad on the scary side with allegations that included stalking a supervisor he hated and showing up by her house. One particular night after work another co-worker called me in to the rest room to see something. There was a huge one on the floor under the toilet. She had just seen this particular agency Therapist come out of the rest room. Some how I wasn't surprised. The guy was extremely weird. He's been banned from working at our hospital and he told me that he took a traveling assignment in New Mexico the last time I talked to him. I feel sorry for his new co-workers.

Old 05-26-2013, 12:18 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,155,729 times
In my old building in the early 90's my 6th floor neighbor reported to me to avoid the roof area stairwell because people were staying there overnight and he found human droppings, 40 oz bottles and a few other things that did not belong there as well. I recalled his reaction and understandable anger when seeing this thread. They reinstated complex security a short time later as it had been cut previously. I can recall that Loud creak the roof door made having heard it a few times as i was on the 5th floor. The building complex was very nice as was the surrounding area in that little South Brooklyn area, With grass and trees on a few acres. Felt like a town out there growing up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics