Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 07:06 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,591,550 times

Advertisements

Got this by e-mail..not sure if they are all true, but they are ALL interesting!

1.) A shrimp's heart is in its head.

2.) The "sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick" is said to be the
toughest tongue twister in the English language.

3.) Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over a million descendants.

4.) Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.

5.) If the government has no knowledge of aliens, then why does Title 14, Section 1211 of the Code of Federal Regulations, implemented on July 16, 1969 make it illegal for U. S. citizens to have any contact with extraterrestrials or their vehicles?

6.) In every episode of Seinfeld there is a Superman somewhere.

7.) A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.

8.) 23% of all photocopier faults world-wide are caused by people sitting on them and photocopying their butts.

9.) Most lipstick contains fish scales

10.) Like fingerprints, everyone's tongue print is different.

11.) If you sneeze too hard you can fracture a rib. If you try to suppress a sneeze you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die. If you keep your eyes open by force they can pop out.

12.) In a study of 200,000 ostriches over a period of 80 years, no one reported a single case where an ostrich buried its head in the sand.

13.) It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.

14.) A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.

15.) More than 50% of the people in the world have never made or received a telephone call.

16.) Horses can't vomit.

17.) Butterflies taste with their feet.

18.) In 10 minutes, a category three hurricane releases more energy than all of the world's nuclear weapons combined.

19.) On average 100 people choke to death on ballpoint pens every year.

20.) On average people fear spiders more than they do death.

21.) Ninety percent of New York City cabbies are recently arrived immigrants.

22.) Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married.

23.) Elephants are the only animals that can't jump.

24.) Only one person in two billion will live to be 116 or older.

25.) It's possible to lead a cow upstairs... but not downstairs.

26.) Women blink nearly twice as much as men.

27.) It is physically impossible for you to lick your elbow.

28.) The Main Library at Indiana University sinks over an inch every year because when it was built, engineers failed to take into account the weight of all the books that would occupy the building.

29.) A snail can sleep for three years.

30.) No word in the English language rhymes with "MONTH."

31.) Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.

32.) The electric chair was invented by a dentist.

33.) All polar bears are left handed.

34.) In ancient Egypt , priests plucked EVERY hair from their bodies, including their eyebrows and eyelashes.

35.) An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.

36.) TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters on only one row of the keyboard.

37.) "Go," is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.

38.) If Barbie were life-size, her measurements would be 39-23-33. She would stand 7 feet, 2 inches tall.

39.) A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.

40.) The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.

41.) Americans on average eat 18 acres of pizza every day.

42.) Almost everyone who reads this email will try to lick their elbow.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:52 AM

940 posts, read 1,367,731 times
Very interesting, but I don't like that my ears and nose will not stop growing, look out Pinoccio!! lol

Old 11-02-2007, 07:56 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,371,426 times
I've seen this before, and the responses!

1) mythbusters proved that a quack DOES echo

2) women's lipstick contains fish scales, wale ***, AND lead! and on average, a woman will ingest 8 tubes of lipstick in their natural life.
(not to be confused with the fact that the average human will ingest at least 8 living spiders in their sleep, throughout their life)

3) the body contracts and expands its muscles in a sneeze, much like a female orgasm. your eyes can pop out on either case, studies have shown. if you keep them open.

4) butterflies may taste with their feet, but having no stomachs, their lifespan is considerably shorter than that of the average bug

5) more people choke on whole bananas every year, than ballpoint pens.

6) last but not least... youtube.com searches for a college female that does a most interesting demo of licking not only her entire forearm, but her elbow, several times

Old 11-02-2007, 08:41 AM

2,071 posts, read 12,016,634 times
"Food for thought"

Old 11-04-2007, 12:52 AM

7,731 posts, read 13,428,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Got this by e-mail..not sure if they are all true, but they are ALL interesting!

1.) A shrimp's heart is in its head.

toughest tongue twister in the English language.

3.) Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over a million descendants.

4.) Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.

5.) If the government has no knowledge of aliens, then why does Title 14, Section 1211 of the Code of Federal Regulations, implemented on July 16, 1969 make it illegal for U. S. citizens to have any contact with extraterrestrials or their vehicles?

6.) In every episode of Seinfeld there is a Superman somewhere.

7.) A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.

8.) 23% of all photocopier faults world-wide are caused by people sitting on them and photocopying their butts.

9.) Most lipstick contains fish scales

10.) Like fingerprints, everyone's tongue print is different.

11.) If you sneeze too hard you can fracture a rib. If you try to suppress a sneeze you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die. If you keep your eyes open by force they can pop out.

12.) In a study of 200,000 ostriches over a period of 80 years, no one reported a single case where an ostrich buried its head in the sand.

13.) It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.

14.) A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.

15.) More than 50% of the people in the world have never made or received a telephone call.

16.) Horses can't vomit.

17.) Butterflies taste with their feet.

18.) In 10 minutes, a category three hurricane releases more energy than all of the world's nuclear weapons combined.

19.) On average 100 people choke to death on ballpoint pens every year.

20.) On average people fear spiders more than they do death.

21.) Ninety percent of New York City cabbies are recently arrived immigrants.

22.) Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married.

23.) Elephants are the only animals that can't jump.

24.) Only one person in two billion will live to be 116 or older.

25.) It's possible to lead a cow upstairs... but not downstairs.

26.) Women blink nearly twice as much as men.

27.) It is physically impossible for you to lick your elbow.

28.) The Main Library at Indiana University sinks over an inch every year because when it was built, engineers failed to take into account the weight of all the books that would occupy the building.

29.) A snail can sleep for three years.

31.) Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.

32.) The electric chair was invented by a dentist.

33.) All polar bears are left handed.

34.) In ancient Egypt , priests plucked EVERY hair from their bodies, including their eyebrows and eyelashes.

35.) An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.

36.) TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters on only one row of the keyboard.

38.) If Barbie were life-size, her measurements would be 39-23-33. She would stand 7 feet, 2 inches tall.

39.) A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.

41.) Americans on average eat 18 acres of pizza every day.

42.) Almost everyone who reads this email will try to lick their elbow.
Very interesting. I did not know any of that.

Old 11-04-2007, 06:19 AM

2,636 posts, read 6,649,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlekitten View Post
much like a female orgasm. your eyes can pop out on either case, studies have shown.
That would be a pretty crap ending to a good date.

Old 11-04-2007, 08:16 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,864,590 times
Those are all interesting.. I guess you learn something new with every post..

Old 02-23-2010, 09:58 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,591,550 times
Need to find another 42 odd facts to add to theses.

Old 02-23-2010, 10:59 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,326,850 times
If there r fish scales in most lipstick I wonder then is lipstick high in Omega 3s? And if that is the case then wearing lipstick especially red is good for ur heart. I don't know about red it just sounded good.

Old 02-23-2010, 12:22 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,299,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post

1.) A shrimp's heart is in its head. At least they don't think with their penises.

toughest tongue twister in the English language. I'd have to get drunk to accomplish that one!

3.) Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over a million descendants. I don't dare post my thought on this one. . .

4.) Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times. Q-Tips and peroxide!

5.) If the government has no knowledge of aliens, then why does Title 14, Section 1211 of the Code of Federal Regulations, implemented on July 16, 1969 make it illegal for U. S. citizens to have any contact with extraterrestrials or their vehicles? The year we landed on the moon. Hmmm. . . Think it's in reference to "the moonies"? (Remember them?)

6.) In every episode of Seinfeld there is a Superman somewhere. ???

7.) A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why. But my first mother-in-law's sure did. I used to go quack-quack-quack behind her back. Terrible, I was.

8.) 23% of all photocopier faults world-wide are caused by people sitting on them and photocopying their butts. Must be the warmth.

9.) Most lipstick contains fish scales. And mascara contains spun-glass. Or, at least, it used to.

10.) Like fingerprints, everyone's tongue print is different. Place your tongue on the blotter.

12.) In a study of 200,000 ostriches over a period of 80 years, no one reported a single case where an ostrich buried its head in the sand. Must have been happy, honest ostrich with "nothing to hide". (Couldn't resist.)

13.) It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky. But some can fly ~ remember that.

14.) A pregnant goldfish is called a twit. ???

15.) More than 50% of the people in the world have never made or received a telephone call. Hard to imagine in this world of cellphones.

16.) Horses can't vomit. Poor guys.

17.) Butterflies taste with their feet. Sure glad WE don't!

18.) In 10 minutes, a category three hurricane releases more energy than all of the world's nuclear weapons combined. Wow! Need to find ways to reroute them to enemy lines!

19.) On average 100 people choke to death on ballpoint pens every year. Ya gotta' be friggin' kidding! How's that even possible?

20.) On average people fear spiders more than they do death. I believe it.

21.) Ninety percent of New York City cabbies are recently arrived immigrants. I believe that, too, after having been there in '08.

22.) Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married. LOL!!!!!

23.) Elephants are the only animals that can't jump. I'm sure Africa and Asia are damn glad, too!

24.) Only one person in two billion will live to be 116 or older. NOT what I'd want!

25.) It's possible to lead a cow upstairs... but not downstairs. So if you lead Bessie to the top floor, make sure it's a permanent home for her.

26.) Women blink nearly twice as much as men. And the significant is. . .?

27.) It is physically impossible for you to lick your elbow. How many of you out there already tried it???

28.) The Main Library at Indiana University sinks over an inch every year because when it was built, engineers failed to take into account the weight of all the books that would occupy the building. Perhaps the same engineers that responsible for New Orleans' levees and 9th Ward.
29.) A snail can sleep for three years. I'd never guess it with all the busy "work" they do in my gardens!

31.) Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing. I've noticed this. Weird.

32.) The electric chair was invented by a dentist. I'm sure he dreamed of using one a time or two.

33.) All polar bears are left handed. Wonder if this is where the term "South-paws" come from?

34.) In ancient Egypt , priests plucked EVERY hair from their bodies, including their eyebrows and eyelashes. Ouch!

35.) An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain. I know a few people like that. I used to refer to a certain construction company as "the ostrich people".

36.) TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters on only one row of the keyboard. Interesting.

38.) If Barbie were life-size, her measurements would be 39-23-33. She would stand 7 feet, 2 inches tall. A giraffe with implants.

39.) A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out. It doesn't need anymore 'weapons'.

41.) Americans on average eat 18 acres of pizza every day. But it's so goooooood.

42.) Almost everyone who reads this email will try to lick their elbow. HA!!!!
This was fun. Useless knowledge is SO much more interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics