Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 05:04 PM

1,942 posts, read 8,489,416 times

Advertisements

Well, I can't say kids....otherwise I would say that. So I guess I would have to say...me. I am proud of myself for straightening out my life back in the day when I was a bad little girl...and then becoming a good mother (two great children)....putting myself through college, graduating, and becoming a teacher....when no one ever thought I would amount to anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2007, 08:25 PM

3,099 posts, read 2,644,217 times
im most proud of my sense of pride.

Old 12-18-2007, 02:16 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,529,894 times
I am most proud of:

1. My health (still quite healthy and can jog 4 miles still).

2. Staying sober.

3. About to make the move back to Texas.

4. Going back to church.

5. (But mostly) I'm very proud of myself and my life changes for the New Year!!

Old 12-18-2007, 03:11 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,858,086 times
I'm pround that I have given my life to Jesus a few years ago, because he gave his life for all of us. It's only one of the ways I can thank God the Father for the sacrifice he made for us to show us how much he loves us. I am pround of the fact that I am a good Christian, who walks in the ways Jesus told us to walk in. I'm also proud of both of my parents, who have been married for almost 52 years, and how they managed to raise 4 of us, who turned out to be good and responsible citizens.

As for the "earthly" material things I own, I'm like LionKing, I wouldn't say I'm pround of them, I'm thankful the Lord has blessed me with the talent and the ability to work and have a good roof over my head, and put food on the table.

Old 12-18-2007, 07:59 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,620,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
What I am most proud of is that I had Christian parents. They took me to church, taught me about God, read the Bible to me. They not only taught it to me they lived it. My Dad is gone, but my mother is still alive and still teaching about God. My mother's faith in God is still very strong and she has taught me to love the Lord and that the Lord love me. She still tells me to be sweet and be nice to people and forgive as Jesus forgave me.
That is awesome! We were both so lucky. My parents lived it too. When my Father died, people came to us and told us what he had done for them. One girl said he stopped every Monday when she was waiting for the bus and made sure she had lunch money for the week. She didn't live between us and town, so I asked my Mother why he had been driving by that way. The answer: He had an excellent employee who spent his weekends drinking and was about to be fired, so my Dad went to his home on Monday morning and helped his wife get coffee in him and made sure he got to work. He had said this man was worth about three other people, but he just liked his beer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics