Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 01:55 AM

16,795 posts, read 17,563,547 times

Advertisements

Good morning peevers.

It's nearly Easter and that means that I properly start work at a lovely Stately Home showing people some amazing things.

I love what I do and love meeting people from all over the World- even Americans.

What I have found both from working there and from life in general is that you get an idea for when people are not really listening to what you are saying.

I once had a group of about ten people and I felt that they were not really listening to what I was saying, so I told them about an incident in 1778 and said that this person phoned someone else in order to get something done.

No-one picked up on it.

So, although that is a bit of an extreme example, let's use that as the basis of the POTD which is;

People don't really listen to what you are saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2013, 02:08 AM

16,795 posts, read 17,563,547 times
As far as photos go today we will bid adieu to our lovely ship.

The last port of call before returning to Barbados was Grenada and Mrs J and I spent the day on board in 'The Retreat' for a bit of pampering.

So I hope you enjoyed the photos from the trip, and bye bye Azura.

Old 03-28-2013, 03:11 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,174,602 times

Huh? Sorry, I didn't catch that..

Old 03-28-2013, 03:44 AM

36,558 posts, read 16,145,022 times
I feel that all the time. Sometimes I think they really don't care.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:49 AM

11,864 posts, read 11,083,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
I once had a group of about ten people and I felt that they were not really listening to what I was saying, so I told them about an incident in 1778 and said that this person phoned someone else in order to get something done.

No-one picked up on it.

So, although that is a bit of an extreme example, let's use that as the basis of the POTD which is;

Good peeve, Jezer, & I just LMAO at how you busted them for not listening

Old 03-28-2013, 06:49 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,109,265 times
Yep....and my hubby doesn't listen to me sometimes but says he is listening but then doesn't know what I said........bad hubby.

Jezer....Your trip has been amazing....thank you for taking us along so we could enjoy your picture trip.....by the way.....I'm listening to you!

Old 03-28-2013, 07:04 AM

3,244 posts, read 1,319,885 times
Thank you Jezer for the wonderful vacation, and the pics as always were fabulous!

Great peeve too! Often these days my guys get in from work very, very late. So naturally they are tired when they come in. Once they get food in their starving bellies, and tell me all about their day, I find that when I get a chance to say anything, they tend to be sleeping in their chairs. But ya know, that's okay. They work so hard all day long, and I don't mind them falling asleep. But I tell them all about my day anyway. LOL

Old 03-28-2013, 07:38 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,276,515 times
When I first logged in over an hour ago, I got distracted with the lifeboats. So started browsing and found that the lifeboats on the Azura hold 150 people each with enough boats for 3600 people. Azura also carries a number of life rafts. If I'm overboard, I want to be in the boat! In the middle of browsing I also saw an article on the lifeboat that slipped from the cable during a drill with eight crew members in it. It landed upside down. Three people in one end of it got out but the other five were trapped. I'm perplexed as to why there wasn't a door for them to get out but I suppose that could have to do with the water pressure.

Then I was distracted catching up on the fledgling eagles.

I'm not a chatter but one thing that bothers me is when people don't really know how to keep their cat or dog safe and don't listen when told basic needs such as water. For example, years ago I had rescued a kitten and a young woman wanted it. She came to my house and lay in the floor with kitten. I asked if she'd had previous pets and had her tell me how she cares for one, lots of blah blah. She really really wanted the kitten and I let her have it. I told her that I would drop in to see how the kitten was doing. I didn't know her but a woman who worked at her apartment complex did and she told me something that concerned me. So less than a week after the kitten was taken, I went over with the other woman who knocked with me out of sight in case the girl wouldn't answer. She did and we both went in. What I found was a can (the can!) of partially eaten food on the floor and no water bowl anywhere and a bloated kitten. I took that kitten right out of there! The point of the story is that the girl didn't listen when I told her I would take it back if it was not cared for.

Last edited by Dallas Kitty; 03-28-2013 at 08:04 AM..

Old 03-28-2013, 09:51 AM

31,304 posts, read 33,020,072 times
"I'm sorry ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, what was that again you were saying Jezer?" I had to step away and get a cup of coffee.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:52 AM

44,466 posts, read 20,240,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJoy View Post
Good peeve, Jezer, & I just LMAO at how you busted them for not listening
Same here. Way funny! How unfortunate, though, that the people were not listening at all to what you had to say, Jezer. Why would people even go to a place like that if they don't want to learn about it?

I find it very annoying when I'm talking about something of import and the others are not listening. (Yes, I realize not everything I say is important, so I can forgive people for being distracted when I'm rambling on about inconsequential or unimportant stuff! )

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics